Deus Ex HR tomorrow!

PeeKnuckle

So excited. Love the Deus Ex universe and can't wait to dig into this latest installment.

Who else is picking it up tomorrow?

*edit* If you are picking it up, which paths will you take? Good/Evil? Stealthy, Combat, Social?

My first run will be good, with a mixture of stealth and combat. Only killing those who are my enemies and trying to kill me. Law enforcement and civilians I will not kill.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about to go off on the G4 writer who wrote up the review for DX:HR.

"Adding something as tired and predictable as the Illuminati unfortunately takes away from the rest of the story."

"Inclusion of Illuminati is unnecessary"

If anyone has played EITHER of the Deus Ex games, they would know the Illuminati plays a major role in both games. Since this is a prequel, it's important to include the Illuminati into the game, so it meshes with the other two.

I just don't get it. Either he hasn't played the other games, or he has completely forgotten what they were about.

I'm not getting it right away I move into my new place next week so I won't have time to play it. Since it's only single player I'm gonna wait till after the flood of games in the next few months but I def plan on picking it up at some point. Wish I had the funds but I don't :(

You move so much, Armi. I don't know how you do it, man.

LOL I know man I just can't stay in one place too long, I'm a drifter with a video game addiction... kinda tough.

Anyways this time me and my roomy are just moving upstairs in the same building to a bigger unit. So not as big a deal.

I just love moving to new places and starting fresh and meeting a whole new set of people. I get bored easily...

That will be a breeze then. That's really lucky, actually. Glad you don't have to move to another city or state. That bites in bulk.

Actually it's funny up till 2 weeks ago we were gonna move to a different complex since the current landlords were being same sex oriented. So I went in to our current places office with the lease we were gonna sign with a different place and laid into them and said either crap changes or we're gone. They called me the next day and took away the fees, waived our security deposit, and lowered our rent. LOL. Then they said they were able to set us up in the unit above us and kiddie corner.

Anyways how u been PK? U have FB?

Sweet deal. They probably liked that deal because they didn't have to do a bunch of stuff to the now vacated apt. Stuff like new paint etc.

I do have FB, but I don't use it. It's "Pee Knuckle", I believe. Been doing good. Hardly play on Xbox now. Mostly PC games on Steam, I guess. That changes tomorrow, though. lol

Having just finished the original last week, I really, really want it.....but, I'm going to wait a little until I build my new PC(which I'm totally actually doing for real this time) and get that version. Would rather use that money on parts now then continuing an longer on this old piece of junk. The pay off will be worth it.

Loading times for 360 installed, PS3 installed and 360 not installed.

<br>

<br>

<object id="vid_4e5280ba8e88c5203e0007ea" class="ign-videoplayer" width="480" height="270" data="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/08/22/deus-ex-load-time-comparison-360-ps3-360"/></object><div style="width:480px"><a href="http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/08/22/deus-ex-load-time-comparison-360-ps3-360">More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Videos</a></div>

I am getting it tomorrow for sure. I am dire need of something to end the summer drought. Plus the game is an RPG and I love those so yeah can't wait. I have not played any of the previous Deus Ex games but this is a prequel so I am not worried. When you put Sci-fi and RPG in one sentence i'm sold! Plus the reviews are good.

I plan on doing my first run as a full stealth only killing when necessary. I dig the hacking thing too so will want to invest in that.

Lastly, Saints Row The Third is on my #1 to get list. If I could only buy one more game all year that would be it. I went back and have been playing Saints Row2 alot offline lately getting excited for the next one.

Not a bad plan, Sega. Both are good, but I'm that rare person who enjoyed Invisible War over the first.

Also, I've read two different reviewers who hinted at upgrading hacking early on. Said it's worth it, but wouldn't speculate or add anything further.

I played Invisible War before 1, so I always kind of preferred it over the first. I'll plobably just have a quick playthrough of Invisible War anyways, I don't think I even have the first one anymore.

Archived