RULES OF THE GAMERCIDE PUBLIC FORUM
Last Updated: 14 July 2010
QuoteThe Short Version
Play nice. Respect each other.
1. Do not break the law or do anything that may cause Gamercide to break the law.
2. Do not be selfish or a jerk. This is a community and we take great pride in being such.
3. Do not do anything that may impede normal, reasonable discussion.
4. Do not post material(s) that have been taken from another source, such as but not limited to: a website, news article, forum post from another forum, without citing a source.
Gamercide Administration and Forum Moderators have total discretion to determine whether any thread or post merits correctional actions such as locks, warnings, bans, or otherwise.
QuoteThe Long Version
Below, we have fleshed out the rules and added some additional specific rules. These rules apply to all posts in this forum, and it is your responsibility to read them. This thread serves as your only warning, and you may be warned and/or banned at the moderators' full discretion for violating any rule in this thread.
*Spam in excess is prohibited. By "in excess," posts that consistently are spam posts for personal interests such as post count are prohibited on these forums.
What counts as "spam"?
"Spam" is defined in different ways on different websites. Spam includes, but is not limited to:- All-caps thread titles and/or all-caps posts (unless specifically applicable to the subject of the thread)
- "Text-message" or "instant-messenger" shorthand posting (unless specifically applicable to the subject of the thread)
- Alternating caps and lower-case thread titles or posts (eXaMpLe)
- Rick Rolls
- Posting "Banned," "Locked," "Enjoy your ban," "This will be locked," or anything similar.
- Posting "Wall of text," "China called...," "tl;dr," or anything remotely similar
- ASCII art, such as facepalm, middle finger, the care cup, or anything similar
- Posts in any language other than readable and intelligible English
- Typing upside down using an online translator
- Do not "break" the page width or forum formatting by repeating or special characters
- Posts that attempt to "catch attention" by using all-caps, false hyperlinks, or all-bold/italics/underline.
- Biased, unfair, irrelevant, non-contributory, or one-sided polls
- Any other post that does not contribute or encourage normal, intelligent, on-topic discussion as determined by any adminstrator or moderator.
Again, all spam examples above are tolerated to an extent. Use your own discretion to what you think is considered an exessive amount of spam posting.
* Do not create "blog"-style posts unless they are part of a larger on-topic discussion. These topics do not encourage discussion and are therefore spam.
What counts as a "blog"?
A "blog" post is the original post in a new thread that merely relates a personal experience that another user can neither agree nor disagree with. In other words, it is a post that can result in nothing but other users "commenting" on that personal experience or relating similar personal experiences, rather than beginning a discussion.
*Do not flame each other! Use your manners and common sense. If you disagree with someone, do so gracefully. There is also a Private Message feature to resolve differences if necessary.
What counts as "flaming"?
The act of "flaming" is the act of attacking or insulting a person who posts, rather than the ideas expressed within the post itself. Your post should remain on-topic and focused on the subject matter of the thread rather than any individual user
*Do not troll. Do not feed the trolls!
What is "trolling"?
Trolling is any post designed to evoke an emotional or flaming response instead of an informed, well-reasoned reply. These posts are characterized by broad generalizations and personal accusations about specific people or groups of people rather than a well-reasoned assertion backed up with support. Just a few examples of trolling include:
- "All Halo/Call of Duty/etc. players suck."
- "Kids under 13 have squeaky voices and are all annoying."
- "All women on Xbox LIVE are ugly and fat."
"Do not feed the trolls" means do not respond to trolling, and is also strictly enforced.
*Do not post in the incorrect forum for the subject matter of your post. The forum definitions further down in this thread serve both as a guide and as the binding rules for on- and off-topic posting. Threads are subject to be moved if it's in the incorrect forum.
*Petitions and "sign here" threads are prohibited concerning the Forum Guidelines.
- Threads such as "Sign here if you're getting this game." are allowed in moderation.
*Do not post about individual users in a clearly offensive and aggresive way. This rule is a clarification and extension of the Code of Conduct's prohibition against material that may cause unwanted attention, abuse, or harassment to users of this site.
*No political or religious discussion of any kind will be tolerated on the forums.
*Do not link to or post excerpts or pictures from inappropriate websites. This includes, but is not limited to: sites containing adult content, information on any type of software piracy or shock sites. This could result in a ban.
*Do not post false information or mislead other forumgoers. This includes false information about games, Gamercide.org, the public forum rules, or other information that may mislead other users.
*Impersonating Forum Moderators and/or Administrators is prohibited. Violation of this rule may result in a ban.
*Discussions of Xbox or Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and other gaming console hardware or software modification or "hacking" are prohibited unless it pertains to a discussion concerning an article on this matter.
- For instance, if a news article about the crackdown of cheaters in Modern Warfare 2 is posted, you may post your thoughts about the subject of manipulation, NOT the process of doing so.
*Do not bypass the profanity filter in excess.
*Advertisements for Groups, Clans, Tournaments, Custom Games, Parties, or Co-Op Play are to be posted in the appropiate console and/or game forum/thread.
*Threads about groups of users based on age, gender, race, religion, or nationality, including discrimination against these groups, are prohibited.
If you are unsure about your post before posting it, please send a private message to a moderator before posting.
QuoteVarious Ramblings and Insights...
> Use the report tool when necessary.
> Do not reply to spam or trolls.
> If you feel a topic is in need of immediate attention report it to multiple moderators.
> You can find out which moderator is online using the 'Active User(s)' tool at the bottom of the page.
* Use a spell checker before posting..
* Use the Search Feature
* Always check the Pinned Topics. They contain useful information and can answer many questions.
- These rules can change without notice. You are responsible for reviewing this thread periodically.
- Warnings will not always be given. Bans of 7 days or less are considered warnings and may not be appealed or changed except under exceptional circumstances as determined by an Administrator or Forum Moderator.