Deus Ex HR tomorrow!

PeeKnuckle

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im 3 hours in (i move real slow) and just finished saving the hostages...its frustrating for me sneaking around so i went to the bull in a china shop way. How the heck can you remove a guy from a spot and then the next guard come along and not notice hes not there, also the repeated holding down of the "A" to sneak around corners is kinda odd..Overall though i think its a fun game and like it......PK you didnt steer me wrong

I'm thinking of remapping my buttons. I keep pulling left trigger to zoom in, and go into cover. LOL

I move really slow, too. The previous Deus Ex games had things hidden all over, and this one does as well. It's worth the time (if you have it), to search everywhere. Even behind boxes. Also, there's unique weapons. In Invisible War (DX2), my favorite weapon was the Hellfire Boltcaster. It was a unique tranquilizer gun, that also set them on fire. As they burned to death, they'd go unconscious. Sounds lame, but it was a two shot kill back in a game with low ammo. Also had a great scope and could be used as a silent sniper.

@Vec I'm absolutely loving this game. The emotions I had were based on something I should have done, and it came back to haunt me. Once everyone who is getting this game and played through the first mission, I'll explain further.

I'm thinking of remapping my buttons. I keep pulling left trigger to zoom in, and go into cover. LOL

I move really slow, too. The previous Deus Ex games had things hidden all over, and this one does as well. It's worth the time (if you have it), to search everywhere. Even behind boxes. Also, there's unique weapons. In Invisible War (DX2), my favorite weapon was the Hellfire Boltcaster. It was a unique tranquilizer gun, that also set them on fire. As they burned to death, they'd go unconscious. Sounds lame, but it was a two shot kill back in a game with low ammo. Also had a great scope and could be used as a silent sniper.

@Vec I'm absolutely loving this game. The emotions I had were based on something I should have done, and it came back to haunt me. Once everyone who is getting this game and played through the first mission, I'll explain further.

Yeah i had the same thing with the LT..lol, and the X for select(kept hitting A) All i have is time, so everywhere gets looked at and they hide some things in the oddest places. I havent had anything come back to haunt me yet but i did screw up talking to the cop

I also exited the gun merch too quickly (X button), and did a non-lethal takedown. lol So beware of that.

@Em. That card for Square-Enix is for 50 points to be used on their site. It's not worth the trouble or time inputting it. I wish I could have back the 15 minutes it took me to do it. I registered (pain in the ass), then went to "Points" up top right in the menu. You get 30 points just for signing up, so that 50 for purchasing a $60 game is kind of BS. lol

This game is awesome. I have not had this much fun in awhile. I just could not stop playing last night. I was not connected to live for part of it. I am still on the first mission I think. Right now I am in some room with like 10 computers that need hacking. I love the hacking, so cool. This game is well done.

I fumbled with the controls a little at first too. My first death was because I accidentally threw a card board box at one of the cops on the first mission starting area lol. I was trying to stealth around alot through the mission but kept getting seen or making stupid mistakes. Finally, by the end of the night I started getting it. I should be able to stealth around pretty good now.

I am not sure what guys mean that you screwed up talking to the cop? I assume I have either not gotten that far or its the cop you talk to at the beginning of the first mission.

This game is awesome. I have not had this much fun in awhile. I just could not stop playing last night. I was not connected to live for part of it. I am still on the first mission I think. Right now I am in some room with like 10 computers that need hacking. I love the hacking, so cool. This game is well done.

I fumbled with the controls a little at first too. My first death was because I accidentally threw a card board box at one of the cops on the first mission starting area lol. I was trying to stealth around alot through the mission but kept getting seen or making stupid mistakes. Finally, by the end of the night I started getting it. I should be able to stealth around pretty good now.

I am not sure what guys mean that you screwed up talking to the cop? I assume I have either not gotten that far or its the cop you talk to at the beginning of the first mission.

It was the first visit to the police when you talk to the guy behind the counter....i also goof up setting the controler down and acc hit the b button by a cop..

I set down my controller onto my table last night to grab the phone. Of course my RB button hits my glass and I launch a gas grenade at a group of hookers. I had to reload. Reason why in spoiler below.

One of the hookers has a sort of hidden mission. She's an undercover cop, and her mission ended up being very well worth it. Easy, too, since I had just been to that area and killed or knocked out most of the gang members. lol

For people who are worried about blowing dialogue chances with NPC's, you can get augmentations for speech patterns. I didn't go that route and have been mostly lucky so far. I think I will get it soon, though.

Archived