Red Dead Redemption

PeeKnuckle

After visiting the outfitter, do this, start button/multiplayer/community. From there, you can join back into the game your XBL party is in.

Private free roam is one of the choices when you pick multiplayer. There's public and private.

Thanks PK, I will try this once I can get back on to multiplayer

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It happened to me, too. I had to leave the game, go to network options on dash and run network test.

After that, it seemed to let me back in. Give it a try.

It worked! It said I have a strict NAT though. But I have UPnP enabled. Other games like Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3 said I had an Open NAT which was supposedly good . Weird, I did the test again and it said Moderate NAT.

Fixed it! I went into my wireless router and set the following ports to forward to my xbox 360's ip address which you can find on the network settings section of the dash.

port 88 Protocol UPD

port 3074 Protocol UPD

port 3074 Protocol TCP

I also read you can enable DMZ but it leaves your xbox more vulnerable to hacking and it was safer to forward the ports. I am no network guy by any means though but can get by.

Ran network test again and zero messages about NAT.

Started up Red dead with no problem so far. Will keep you posted if this works.

Sweet. A few times mine has switched to moderate NAT. I cycle my router and modem, though, and it goes back to open. Glad I don't have to monkey around with settings. lol

Yah better off not to have to play around with the router if you don't have to. I gotta say though, zero problems since! Can't wait to play with you guys again. Joining random free roams has been an interesting experience haha. Everyone just kills everyone including their own posse! No one talks, no order just kill or be killed. Guess it sort of fits a game like this lol but more fun with people you know! Hard to level up with random players killing you while your trying to clear a gang hideout.

I wanted to say I appreciate you guys summoning horses for me while I leveled up past crack horse and helping me get xp the other night. Now I have a real horse so I can pay it forward haha.

Open free roam players also clue in on you trying to get the one achievement from riding from one side of the map, to the other before sunrise. You guessed it, they try and kill you. Talked to two different people now, that ran into this problem.

Can't you just make your own private Free Roam match and play by yourself to get achievements like that?

I actually did make a private match just to get some xp and was not worried of the achievements for tonight. I will get those eventually but I had a blast. I want to get that bull mount haha.

Open free roam players also clue in on you trying to get the one achievement from riding from one side of the map, to the other before sunrise. You guessed it, they try and kill you. Talked to two different people now, that ran into this problem.

Yeah random free roams with people like that are not my cup of tea lol. I don't mind fighting other players from time to time competitively because I do that alot in other games like Halo but don't want to be forced into it all the time when I am just roaming about exploring. I thought that is what the modes were for? If you want to fight go to Deathmatch or Shootout mode right? Nope, seems like most players want to log in and grieve others by killing them when they are in the middle of something else. I guess it is no surprise. Oh well that's why I will be sticking to playing it online with friends unless I really want to enter deathmatch or shootout mode for some reason.

Yea, they tried. 2nd and so on times we saw the few trying goon and I just shot em. Good stuff.

Yeah it is. Sometimes I get the black X showing where the dead animals are, and most times I don't. I know they're dead, though. I can sometimes locate them and skin 'em, but they don't show up on the mini map. Only sometimes.

I also get wanted levels for doing nothing. Happened twice now. Once in Armadillo and the other between that thieves place and Bonnie's ranch. Both times, I wasn't even doing anything. No gun out, no bounty, no going through peoples stuff, no open missions involving bandits... just trying to get from one place to another. In Armadillo, I had just hitched my horse up, and was going to save in my room above the saloon.

Why is water treated like lava? Instant death for just touching it lol.

The gaptooth ridge quest with Irish where you have to get the mine cart out with the gun in it bugged out on me. I was standing right next to the mine cart getting ready to grab it and push it out. It instant failed the mission saying I abandoned the cart lol.

I did this same area online clearing out the gang hideout. I got the cart out and there was one treasure hunter left to kill to get the xp and finish. I could not kill him because somehow the enemy fell inside one of the rocks up top but was still able to shoot at me through the rock lol. I did everything I could think of but could not kill him and had to leave the area to start it all over again:(

See, I guess I've been lucky, all my glitching has been fun stuff, and in multiplayer only. like massive xp for only killing 5 guys in one bandit spot, but goon chased me away so he could horde it, and 2 nights ago, bears from camp came into down and just rained destruction. I laughed, watched, and harasses them for probably 40 minutes. Especially entertaining when they go inside the train station and clean it out.

Just finished the "I know you" stranger quest......what PK posted is true. Dude is the G man of RDR, lol.

This is a huge huge spoiler, so read at your own risk..

Does anyone else find it odd, that he is standing right where John is buried? He says "Its a fine spot, eh Cowboy?" That is of course where John, and his wife are later buried. Quite odd. Not to mention the fact bullets go through him....Also, he is in the scene where John is gunned down. Maybe he is the Grim Reaper? He said he works in accounts, and he is managing one right now.

That's insidious.

Okay it wasn't that bad, I got the achievement. The trick is to keep going into new free roam matches until you get into one where most of the other players are in posses and doing gang hideouts, so they're less likely to bother you. I made it in maybe 20-30 minutes (not sure, didn't time it) and didn't encounter anyone. When I started it was like 1 or 2 PM (with the sun starting to go down) and when I got there it was just about to start getting dark lol.

Finally got to Mexico last night in SP...I've been doing copious amounts of side missions and finally started just working on the main story so I can finish it. The story is pretty good. When you get to fort Mercer You're going to have so much fun! I'm really enjoying this game a lot. I'm going to concentrate on SP for now so I can move on to Alan Wake! So, I'm sorry If I missed any MP invites..Please know that I really enjoy playing MP with you guys, it's just that I want to finish this story mode now. smile.gif

Why is water treated like lava? Instant death for just touching it lol.

The gaptooth ridge quest with Irish where you have to get the mine cart out with the gun in it bugged out on me. I was standing right next to the mine cart getting ready to grab it and push it out. It instant failed the mission saying I abandoned the cart lol.

I did this same area online clearing out the gang hideout. I got the cart out and there was one treasure hunter left to kill to get the xp and finish. I could not kill him because somehow the enemy fell inside one of the rocks up top but was still able to shoot at me through the rock lol. I did everything I could think of but could not kill him and had to leave the area to start it all over again:(

Dynamite. Its the only way I know around it. It's happened to me a few times.

Ugh, played some team versus stuff yesterday, and already started getting messages to join prestige and golden gun boosting lobbies, for a price. <_<

Also, 5 matches of that, 4 won with 3 with me as top player, and I just barely got the around the same XP i would get for doing a quick gang hideout in free roam.

Archived