Red Dead Redemption

PeeKnuckle

Rockstar just announced something.

As mentioned a couple weeks ago, the Rockstar Newswire will be bringing you full coverage of the first details on Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer component over the course of this week.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/4501/red_dead_redemption_multiplayer_details_coming_this_week.article

So, they announced that they'll be announcing stuff this week. Kudos, Rockstar. lol

Anyone pre-order yet? If so, which bonus will you be packing? I pre-ordered from Amazon. Gold guns and $10 gift card.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rockstar just announced something.

As mentioned a couple weeks ago, the Rockstar Newswire will be bringing you full coverage of the first details on Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer component over the course of this week.

http://www.rockstarg...is_week.article

So, they announced that they'll be announcing stuff this week. Kudos, Rockstar. lol

Anyone pre-order yet? If so, which bonus will you be packing? I pre-ordered from Amazon. Gold guns and $10 gift card.

i did the golden guns as well but i had a previous $20 off coupon so i'm paying $42 for my copy with release day shipping.

I've put off getting Red Dead, but the multi-player video boosted my interest in the game enough to warrant a purchase. I like how they are changing the Free Roam from GTA IV, and I do like westerns, so I guess this makes it a winner for me. The only thing that sucks is that other games I want are coming out on the same day. Oh...my poor wallet lol

• 3 weeks later...

lol, I better. I was practically raised on a horse. Mom would disown me if I couldn't pilot one in a game. Amazon still the best preorder?

Technically yes because of the $10 off of a future Amazon order, but I think I'm going to preorder mine from Best Buy for the War Horse, rather than Amazon's Golden Guns, just seems cooler to me. I should definitely get my preorder in soon as well. I usually wait until less than a month before a game is released to preorder so I have a chance to see all the preorder bonuses and special editions.

Technically yes because of the $10 off of a future Amazon order, but I think I'm going to preorder mine from Best Buy for the War Horse, rather than Amazon's Golden Guns, just seems cooler to me. I should definitely get my preorder in soon as well. I usually wait until less than a month before a game is released to preorder so I have a chance to see all the preorder bonuses and special editions.

Well, I think I'm going to preorder from there as well. If you sign up for reward zone, or you are already a member you will get 250 bonus points with the preorder. That's a $5 in store gift card that works better than most because it deducts from the price of the item, effectively reducing it by $5 + whatever your sales tax rate is. You also receive the price of the preorder ( $60 ) towards the gamerzone rewards. Which is $10 for ever 150 you spend. So, pretty close to the same discount, plus you get the war horse.

Well, I think I'm going to preorder from there as well. If you sign up for reward zone, or you are already a member you will get 250 bonus points with the preorder. That's a $5 in store gift card that works better than most because it deducts from the price of the item, effectively reducing it by $5 + whatever your sales tax rate is. You also receive the price of the preorder ( $60 ) towards the gamerzone rewards. Which is $10 for ever 150 you spend. So, pretty close to the same discount, plus you get the war horse.

Well I've just been looking at Amazon, and it actually sounds like a pretty good deal. They have free super saver shipping, $3 off, and a bonus $10 gift card/credit on a LOT of preorders right now. The next two games I'm getting for sure are Red Dead Redemption and Crackdown 2, so if I preorder from Amazon I'll get RDR for $57 (with tacky golden guns, I'd much prefer a sweet horse, but MAYBE the WH is in game and the BB code just let's you get it early), then I'd pretty much preorder C2 right after that for $47 (which comes with the same armor colors preorder bonus as GS), and I'd have another $10 credit for Amazon for something else later on (like FF13).

Damn, I don't know how Amazon is doing all these bonus $10s, but it's SMART, making you want to buy more from them instead of somewhere else. Because it's not like you're getting $10 off, it's more like you're compelled to buy something else, with a discount.

EDIT: And now I looked at C2's release date and it's not until JULY now... ugh.

I never had to break out a protractor to find out where I was gonna buy a game. =p

Pre-order from where you want. be a purist and get zero. No early jump on MP, because you have a patch, or a colored gun to gain you more fame. Not even a horse that is stronger or runs faster. Just get the damn game, so we can all play. lol

I like a good deal, but this is beginning to get silly.

I never had to break out a protractor to find out where I was gonna buy a game. =p

Pre-order from where you want. be a purist and get zero. No early jump on MP, because you have a patch, or a colored gun to gain you more fame. Not even a horse that is stronger or runs faster. Just get the damn game, so we can all play. lol

I like a good deal, but this is beginning to get silly.

Fuggit. Ima get it the War Horse then. I'll just get Crackdown 2 at Amazon later on for that gift card. And the items don't give you a multiplayer advantage, they are for SP (and maybe freeroam) use, and your multiplayer items are based on how high your rank is and stuff. I'll preorder it now so I won't keep going back and forth deciding where to preorder it lol.

Archived