The Skyrim Thread

Twiztid Rose

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I really want to know is why it takes so damn long to increase speech. I could sell until I was blue in the face and it barely goes up but buying sends it up in a hurry. So I bought a lot of grand soul gems and ebony ingots. Still only managed to get three points in speech last night, which got me high enough to get the 500 in investment perk. That was my goal so I suppose it was a success.

I know a glitch to level speech, if anyone would like to know it. ;)

Lol. Late to the spoiler party joe.

Don't be afraid to use the spoiler tags.

I don't know how...

Example:

[spoiler]This is a Spoiler[/spoiler]

This is a Spoiler

See what happens when I'm bored at work? Snarky Multi quote responses. Lol.

Oh yeah. To be useful and less of an ass:

This is the glitch, credits to Rose on finding it:

Theres a guy in Riften, he was in one of the bar places, maybe the bee and barb? Dont remember exactly. But his name is Ungrien, talk to him and say, "Tell me about Maven Black-Briar." You can persaude him to tell you the truth. If you succeed the option won't go away, and you can persaude him over and over again. Successfully leveling up your speech skill. =)

It turns out that the invisible chest by the mine in Dawnstar is actually the inventory of the Khajiit caravan merchants. There's an invisible chest for all merchants somewhere (so you can't take all the store inventory when you kill or pickpocket them), but this one just happens to be reachable. Most of them are supposed to be under the world or hidden away somehow.

That's also why it has leveled loot and respawns.

Nice vid Pogey! Gonna have to check that out. Not that I need gold lol. Sitting right under 700k now. Making and selling potions gets you and **** ton of gold too (and lvls you up!).

This is annoying. I can watch any youtube vids you guys post here, but I cannot go to youtube and watch anything. It freezes up every single time!

I found the easiest way to make gold for me was to learn the Banish enchantment. Enchant it on any weapon (like iron daggers) with even the cheapest soul gem (petty) and it's value skyrockets to over 2k gold and you can sell it for over 700-800 gold. No other enchantments that I had got my items to be nearly as valuable, especially with only petty souls and junk weapons.

Unfortunately I don't remember where I got a weapon with Banish on it, so it might be hard to find since it's so valuable. Supposedly Fletcher in Solitude sometimes sells a banish bow though, according to Google.

I didn't know about them either until I heard where the chest came from. 2 female merchants (only one runs the shop at a time) and 2 male guards appear just outside Dawnstar, and set up a little hut and camp. They can be seen traveling to Riften, and probably other places too. I only know this because one of the guards gives you a quest and the marker after I was done was on him, so I had to track him down lol. That same guard can then become a follower.

Honestly I think it's the only somewhat large grouping of any beast race I know of unless you count that Orc stronghold.

Because there's barely anything in Dawnstar unless you go there for ore to smith. I barely even went there. The group isn't always there, so if you only go once in a while you may never see them. I think the spot is near where you arrive by fast travel, by the road.

I didn't even know of the group outside Whiterun, but it's probably the same people. Just goes to show, you could put dozens upon dozens of hours into the game and still not even know about something going on right by the town where you keep going to stash your loot.

Early on, the white faced Khajiit in Whiterun is a good place to get a handful of lockpicks. Everyone else sells 1-5. He's part of my merchant run, where I'd dump all my dungeon diving loot. First him, outside of town, then inside of town there were three other merchants ready to make me lighter and more rich.

Yeah. I've come across them before. They follow the road and visit city to city. There's a bunch of other random encounters in the world that have a small chance of occurring depending oncertain factors. The caravan is always there though. You could find them and follow their entire path. I think they even go through labyrinthian sometimes.

I always just go to Belethor at Belethor's General goods because, as he says, he'll buy anything (any item type aside from stolen things). After a while I just said fuggit and started using the console command additem f 10000 (after clicking on him) so he'll have enough to buy all my stuff at one stop.

Because as I explained before in another thread, it's not a huge cheat, just saves a wastefully long amount of time wandering around the world just to sell all my extra loot.

Even after buying the house in Solitude, I never used it, just kept going to Whiterun since the house is much closer to the fast travel arrival point.

Apparently, the Khajiit I'm talking about... is the man... er cat!

7IXjm.jpg

He owns the caravans and his wife and assistant do the run to Dawnstar, Riften and Windhelm. Or they all do, according to the wiki, but Ri'saad is always in Whiterun for me. Always sitting, meditating and selling his Skooma.

Archived