The Skyrim Thread

Twiztid Rose

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always just go to Belethor at Belethor's General goods because, as he says, he'll buy anything (any item type aside from stolen things). After a while I just said fuggit and started using the console command additem f 10000 (after clicking on him) so he'll have enough to buy all my stuff at one stop.

Even after buying the house in Solitude, I never used it, just kept going to Whiterun since the house is much closer to the fast travel arrival point.

For some reason, the Riverwood trader ALWAYS has 11k for me, since I invested in his store.

I tend to use the Whiterun house more too. Not just because of fast traveling almost to it, but I like the alchemy sachel thats on the alchemy table. I have got TONS of ingredients stored in that thing. Probably not now, because I can hold 747lbs of gear now, but used to be when I took it all out it over-encumbered me.

They NEED to add the option on the map to fast travel to your bought houses!! In solitude I just fast travel to Blue Palace and run to the house, but still would rather just go to whiterun and be right there.

OK I am SOOOOO pissed right now. I have just completed the thieves guild questline. Why don't I have the cheevo you ask??!! Because it won't ******* proceed!!! I am standing in front of all of them waiting to be pronounced the guild master. And they are all standing around me staring at me saying... NOTHING!!!! I try to select Brynjolf and it only says "This person is busy." WTF??!!!!! I am so pissed off with this damn game. I started over because of the damn thieves guild ******* up, now I am at the finish line, and can't cross it! And it was NOT my fault in any way this time!!!

OK I am SOOOOO pissed right now. I have just completed the thieves guild questline. Why don't I have the cheevo you ask??!! Because it won't ******* proceed!!! I am standing in front of all of them waiting to be pronounced the guild master. And they are all standing around me staring at me saying... NOTHING!!!! I try to select Brynjolf and it only says "This person is busy." WTF??!!!!! I am so pissed off with this damn game. I started over because of the damn thieves guild ******* up, now I am at the finish line, and can't cross it! And it was NOT my fault in any way this time!!!

Huh...

Do you have a quest active with Vex or Delvin?

Huh...

Do you have a quest active with Vex or Delvin?

Nope. Turned it in before talking to him. After reloading several times I finally got it to finish though. I finally waited to go to the platform thing until Brinjolf was standing in his spot. It still toook a minute before he started talking though, but he finally did. Patience is not my strong suit... lol.

You have to 'return the thieves guild to it's former glory' still. Breynolf is just a jerk. He is way to busy to talk to you *LOL* but what you have to do is goto Vex and Devin or whatever the bald dude is and keep doing side quests for them. Pick whichever, I just did random amounts of them all. After you do like, 5 or so quests for one 'Hold' like say Solitude, then you'll talk to Baldy and he'll tell you he has a special job for you. It's a bigger side quest. Once you complete it, you'll have influence in that hold. Once you get influence back in all holds (think there was 3 big quests) then you get to be guildmaster and the cheevo will pop. It gets kinda boring, but I got lots of money from it. Think I probably did around 30 mini jobs for those two, and they still get mad when I don't take another one from them!!

I'm trying to find all the stones of berenzith or however it's spelled. Ughhh this is irritating me. I need like 3 more!! I don't know where I could have missed them, but it's so annoying cause they're stuck in my inventory and I just want to complete the set and see what Vex will give me. And I also have some Holb's remains stuck in my inventory too. I don't have a quest, so I'm assuming some random person will want me to check in on him or something and then it'll click. But it's so....wrong. Nasty bloody skull stuck in my bag.

Did anyone else find the butterfly in a jar? I don't think it's of any real importance, but I thought it was really cool so I kept it. But I'd love to put it on a table or something, but everytime I drop it, it falls onto the ground. :(

There's a handful of things in jars. Dragonfly, Bumble Bee, etc. It's probably some random side quest. Have you tried to manually set the jar on the table? Just place your reticule on the jar and hold A until the name disappears. Now you're holding it, instead of picking it up. Gently walk it over to a table and press A again.

Lol, Stars guilty of not reading posts. I said I got it to complete lol. I had all that already completed, and had the next quest, it just wasn't proceeding right. I finally got it to proceed though.

Meanwhile... I am hoping and praying that a fix I found works on the companions questline. I am stuck in a bug called "Forever Mourning Bug." I just finished Blood's Honor for Kodlak, and get back with it and the silverhand has attacked and now everyone is in constant mourning mode, and Vilkas will not give me the next quest. The bug has something to do with completeing the quest to get the helm of winterhold, which apparantly is in a place that is full of silverhands. I guess it screws it up.

The fix I found is to wait 32 game days BEFORE killing any of the witches, and supposidly the silverhand guys will respawn. The problem is I already killed all the witches, and went to turn it in. So it may just be all bugged up now.

The bugs and glitches in this game are just awesomesauce!!!! :rant:

Yep, it's not surprising to see bugs in a game this vaste with so many scenarios. One major reason I enjoy it on a PC better. However, I still think the biggest problem is the delay they face in releasing patches through MS. Aren't we suppose to see the Construction Set and a new patch this week?

Well the good news is, the fix did work. I waited approx. 35 game days, and re-killed the witches, and went back to turn it in. The next quest flagged fine. The bad news you ask... I am now standing in front of the door to the Underforge. The damn thing is locked, and can't be picked! I stood there for about 2 1/2 game days, I didn't wait, I just stood there. Star said they came out and let her in at some point, but they won't let me in. WTF??!! This is just beyond ruining the game. I am sick and tired of these damn bugs. It seems I am running into most of them!

Did anyone else have this problem???

I am going through to get all the daedric artifacts now. I just "finished" the whispering door. I am supposed to kill a person who trusts me, to restore the weapon. I chose a random follower. I took her out somewhere, and killed her with the ebony blade, and nothing happened, and the blade didn't change in any way. Is something supposed to be happening?

Oh.. meant to ask, does everyone know you can get both of Hircines artifacts

I just had the chick I had fought in Whiterun follow me. So it actually has to be someone you've done a quest for then? I'll try one of the mages at the college then. Thanks.

Oh also, is it possible to get Shadowmere back? I seem to have lost her somewhere, or she may have died, idk. It may have been those damn Thalmor at the Northwatch Keep! I miss her :Crying:

The upgrade happens after every two people, to a maximum of five upgrades (10 people), or 30 points of absorb health (not bad).

Might I recommend uesp.net or elderscrolls.wikia.com? Not trying to be rude, just helpful. These sites have just about everything about the games and help avoid "Let Me Google That For You" type answers lol.

Uh... I actually found what I knew of the quest on elderscrolls.wikia.com (have several pages open at the moment). I don't just always come here and ask for help, I do look it up myself before I ask for help with something. But it didn't say you had to kill more than one person. I actually just killed a cat dude from the college, and it still didn't work. Now I know it involves killing more than one person...

Here we go with the updates again. Did anybody have an update over the week? I get weekly updates and I'm thinking my Xbox is going bonkers, because I can't find anything on the internet about updates. Anyway, after this one.....it now takes forever to load a game. Jason and I are going nuts because it seems to take about 5 minutes.

and...WTF is up with the dragons. I can't fast travel anywhere without one popping up and it seems Jason has it worse. Sometimes he has two dragons at one time or they spawn right after the other and they end up killing people he needs for misc quests. Like the one at the College of Winterhold. He killed a dragon there and right after it another one came and that was an ancient dragon and it took out the mage who can give you the soul gem quests for 120% their value which he was there to see to sell his soul gems.

I really think it's my Xbox doing this somehow. Maybe it's deleting updates or something.

I haven't got any new updates. Shanes xbox did that along time ago with COD. It seemed like everytime he got on, it updated. It stopped just as quick as it started though.

I got my son Ian into playing Skyrim too. He hasn't had any extra updates, but his loading times are insane. Even like just opening the menu, the screen goes black, and takes several seconds to open up. It makes you think it froze, but it didn't.

That's really cool. Dat came across the writing on the bottom of the lids a way back.

Two best things for me out of that thread:

My best guess to explain both the disappearance of the tower AND the Dwemer, is that they attempted to activate it in order to gain control over Numidium, but got banished from Mundus - Alduin style. This implies the Dwemer might come back.

and

Oprahs-Bees.gif

Archived