The Skyrim Thread

Twiztid Rose

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. In its early stages. Bear in mind that I'm a complete Elder Scrolls noob, and didn't really think much of vampirism. I figured I'd take advantage of some new powers while I mosey my way on over to a potion shop to get a cure.

That didn't work out so well.

I just started over. I already surpassed in level and skills where I was, and haven't made it as far into the game as I did my first time out. I'm glad I did it. I'd prolly be running around still, trying to sneak into someone's room or look for a snoozing bum on the street, just to get to where I could even start a quest for a cure. :blink:

Yeah, my orc is a werewolf as well and I never use the ability since it relies on 1H skill... It's nice that it prevents me from contracting vampire AIDS tho...

THAT would make it worth it in and of itself. I may go that route, then slaughter every vampire I find.

Well I've finally developed my mage character to be pretty powerful. Over the last couple days I got back into playing and gained about 10 levels, mostly from Blackreach (awesome place). The second quest for the companions had an awesome moment too. At the end you grab the item you came for, and dozens of draugr, including the powerful shouting ones, swarm at you. I blasted my way through them. It seems like you were meant to run away, at least if you were a lower level. Those draugr deathlords used to be tough. Also Become Ethereal is a perfect shout for my mage with low defense. Temporary invincibility while recovering mana, especially good when getting blasted by a dragon.

I think my mana regen rate is at 490% now lol. +100 - Archmage Robes; +100 - Morokei mask; +100 - Apprentice Stone; +25 and +25 from two points of a perk; +40 - Recharging Ring. Just a nudge more and I'd have 5 times regen rate lol. It still sucks how much your regen slows in combat, but if it didn't at this rate I'd be able to just spam everything to death. I pretty much already can with the level 2 spells (ice spike, lightning bolt, firebolt), even on dragons. Still playing on Expert, too. Things take more to kill and I think that means you can level up your skills faster.

Helpful hint I found out. If you are high in skill with one handed weapons and then want to max out two handed go grab the ebony blade, it acts as a one handed weapon, its quick like one, and only one handed enchantments work on it even though it is two handed weapon. I believe it was originally suppose to be a one handed weapon but it was later changed. So it gives you two handed xp. I've been using it and it takes lifeforce as well, and also never depletes. Favorite sword so far in the game.

The second quest for the companions had an awesome moment too. At the end you grab the item you came for, and dozens of draugr, including the powerful shouting ones, swarm at you. I blasted my way through them. It seems like you were meant to run away, at least if you were a lower level. Those draugr deathlords used to be tough.

I just did that one last night. I didn't think they were gonna stop spawning, but I eventually wiped them all out.

I went with a wood elf this time. I just got done making legendary dragon scale armor and glass weapons and enchanting the crap out of them. Since I got my enchantment ability up to 100, I got got some great perks.

My character is starting to wig out a bit

38eYL.jpg

Notice the blue eyes? I noticed that started happening (through my helmet) after the Dunmer chick at the college tested a spell on me. Never noticed it before that. Also, with the Jagged Crown, you can also wear one of the dragon priest masks at the same time

So. I spent like 3 hours last night just selling stuff I had accumulated. I still have a ton of regular items in saving to enchant. All that time and I'm only like 15000 richer. Sitting on 75000 now so I might as well save it for the cheevo.

What I really want to know is why it takes so damn long to increase speech. I could sell until I was blue in the face and it barely goes up but buying sends it up in a hurry. So I bought a lot of grand soul gems and ebony ingots. Still only managed to get three points in speech last night, which got me high enough to get the 500 in investment perk. That was my goal so I suppose it was a success.

Enjoying this game (100 hours will tell that) but I'm to a point I seriously need to see some bug fixes. I'm crashing two or three times per session now. I get a crazy above water under water glitch when in any dungeon with water. Physics on a lot of items are going nuts. Last night I tried placing 6 claws in a display case. They went in but when I closed the lid things went to hell. Heard this loud crashing noise and next thing I see are claws flying all over my house. The deal breaker is the lag though. Now when I load a new area I get a huge fps hit for a long while unless I tab out and back into the game. Hope they have some good fixes soon.

Here's another, but closeup.

Mrdqq.jpg

I hate it. I have freaking Draugr eyes! It's not the mask or helmet, either. I can strip my entire body, and my eyes will still glow blue like a Draugr's. I also notice every now and then, that I can see an item I should be able to pick up, but I can't. I'll hover my mouse over a pair of ebony gauntlets on a table and can't pick it up. I'll hop up on the table and stand directly above it. Nothing. A minute later, after I've given up, I'll hear a noise behind me. It was the gauntlets flinging off the table. What? lol

Archived