Borderlands 2 First Impressions

vectordream

I'm not enjoying the SMGs as much this go around. However, I am loving the elemental sniper rifles. Oh Em Gee. I had an electric burst fire when scoped SMG that I liked, but I lost it through the floor when I dropped it.

Invest in Cloud Kill early on. So worth it, and it only costs one skill point. I snipe with my OP fire sniper, a cloud of corrosive goes up in their face and they eat both elements and get wrecked.

Yeah was planning on that skill! I am only 10 and I could get it next level. As far as SMGs I have not found one that I like so far. Honestly I have not found much of anything that seems like an SMG yet. Still early. Hope Maliwan comes through :) Some of the repeaters are pretty fun.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pretty cool "Slick Revolver" that has one hell of a scope on it with a fast fire rate. No elemental but the animation is so cool when you shoot from the hip as well (she puts her hand on top of the gun to cock it back after each pull). It is only a green but a decent green for only level 10.

One more level and I get my missle turret as well. Can't wait.

Also found such a KICK ASS assault rifle last night. 133x3 damage. It's a Jakobs spinnergun thingy, but for some reason it's semi-auto. Uses 2 ammo per shot but does crazy damage. It's almost like a AR/Shotty hybrid the way I've been using it. Wrecking house lately with it. :)

I got one of those from my gold key chest in Sanctuary. 118x3 damage, consumes 3 ammo a shot. But what makes it badass is that it has the fire as fast as you can pull the trigger attribute. One shots, especially to the head, are powerful enough. But unloading the whole 28 clip (and it's fairly accurate for a spinnergun) in under two seconds and doing about 9900 damage not counting criticals? Sheeeeeeeeeiiiittt.

I got one of those from my gold key chest in Sanctuary. 133x3 damage, consumes 2 ammo a shot. But what makes it badass is that it has the fire as fast as you can pull the trigger attribute. One shots, especially to the head, are powerful enough. But unloading the whole 28 clip (and it's fairly accurate for a spinnergun) in under two seconds and doing about 9900 damage not counting criticals? Sheeeeeeeeeiiiittt.

Exactly, and plus I have the class mod to give bonus critical and ammo clip capacity. LOVE it!

I just got a cool shotgun too from the quest with the AI core thingy. I turned it into a gun and not a shield. effing hilarious and it talks to you all the time.

*edit* I'm working on saving up money to get the guns from Moxxi. Heard it's pretty funny.

I just got a cool shotgun too from the quest with the AI core thingy. I turned it into a gun and not a shield. effing hilarious and it talks to you all the time.

*edit* I'm working on saving up money to get the guns from Moxxi. Heard it's pretty funny.

WHY AM I NOT SHOOTING?

I loved that thing, lol.

Well, late to the reply party, but it was a good first impression, vector. Is there not an invite only option on the console? I have to say I like this one a lot better than the first, but a large part of that is the bias towards PC. They did such a better job this time around. It's really an entirely new experience just with the extra effort they put towards making the PC version feel like so much more than just a port. That and native steamworks support. The game is, of course, great. I find myself more interested in the story and less often feeling like I'm just grinding.

Well, late to the reply party, but it was a good first impression, vector. Is there not an invite only option on the console? I have to say I like this one a lot better than the first, but a large part of that is the bias towards PC. They did such a better job this time around. It's really an entirely new experience just with the extra effort they put towards making the PC version feel like so much more than just a port. That and native steamworks support. The game is, of course, great. I find myself more interested in the story and less often feeling like I'm just grinding.

Hey Dat, just got a chance to respond. Yes on console you can change the party options to invite only. Unfortunately, there is no way to make it default that I have found. If you shut down the game or your box and come back to play later then it goes back to open party to friends, meaning anyone on your friends list can come and go as they please. Generally not a big deal and at least default behavior is not matchmaking.

Yeah I'm tired too Vector. I was up a bit late last night trying to keep doing one more quest. I think I'm level 27 or 28 right now, working towards getting to NG+. I want better guns!!!

I also still haven't used my Golden Key yet. Been holding off. I think I may pop it at 30. Haven't decided yet.

Anyone use the slot machines? I got some really good stuff from it. My daughter hit an eridium jackpot! Best part is money is shared so we all got some. I bought a bunch of upgrades from Crazy Earl.

Yup. I go broke every time I see one of those damn things. I love the fact that enemies even can carry those things on their backs! haha I've gotten some sweet stuff from them too.

*edit* Anyone know what getting 3 Marcus's or 3 Borderlands symbols gives you? Don't think I've ever gotten 3 Bells either.

Yup. I go broke every time I see one of those damn things. I love the fact that enemies even can carry those things on their backs! haha I've gotten some sweet stuff from them too.

*edit* Anyone know what getting 3 Marcus's or 3 Borderlands symbols gives you? Don't think I've ever gotten 3 Bells either.

Have not gotten those either. Three bandits lets out a grenade on you lol. Almost died once in there. I love that they have the machines. I remember in last game I got so much money at high level with nothing to spend it on. Not now those machines are running me dry lol.

I've heard you get an orange weapon if you get 3 vault symbols. Also, they weren't kidding when they said there are more different kinds of enemies in NG+, i've already ran into stuff like big, caustic bullymongs and maniacs in armor covering everything but their head. Also huge jump in weapons in NG+ already. Went from a blue sniper rifle that did around 2000 to a white one that does over 3000 before I even got to Sanctuary.

I've heard you get an orange weapon if you get 3 vault symbols.

Damn, I haven't gotten a SINGLE Orange weapon yet. Not one.

On a side note I did manage to finish that stupid Bandit Slaughterhouse over the weekend. That crap was super hard. I managed to gain a bunch of levels though because it kept glitching out every once and while mid-wave and wouldn't progress, forcing me to save/quit and restart

Archived