Borderlands 2 First Impressions

vectordream

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally used my gold key at around level 38 and got...2 crappy blue relics. Though I did later find a minigun style torgue explosive assault rifle that shot fully automatic. Even though the damage is only around 1300 it just WRECKS stuff after the first few shots and it starts to get going.

EDIT: Also, level 40, and only 3 oranges so far but they were all quest rewards.

Just found the caustic caverns and mine cart... Damn lot of bugs, but got some REALLY good new guns, better than goldkey chest. Like a shotgun that does 112x13 with 10% bonus weapon damage, a bazooka thats 1537x3 with bonus explosive damage, and a singularity grenade thats 1489 plus doing 228 corrosive damage per second. Love this game.

I got caught up reading all your responses! I only got one golden key. You can find them in the world?

Man you guys are way ahead of me! Slow down dammit!! I feel like I have been playing as much as I can and my main is only 16(siren) and my other guy Axton is only 13. I have level 5's of the other two as well in case a newbie friend wants to play.

Of course I can't play every night especially Monday - Wednesday but just taking my sweet time. Savoring my time in Pandora. I will get there eventually.

@Dat. Cool I will have to start tipping her more! Did not know she hooks it up like that :) I want babies! LOL

I am still hopelessly addicted to the slot machines. Hit 3 Moxxi Legs and I got a blue sniper on my Commando that is better than any sniper I have seen yet! 30 Mag clip with a near 6.0 for fire rate with shock elemental @30%. Great damage for my level. Good reload speed. When in zoom it does a two round burst. Sounds like an assault rifle right? Its not!! Forgot what the elemental damage was. Its pretty damn cool looking as well. I call it Wife #3 since my turret is #2 LOL!!

The only thing that bothers me about this is I would of rather of found it on a bandit or something. So far the slot machine gives me better stuff than we are finding at my level(13-16). I generally run 2-3 mans groups when I play so loot should be better than solo.

Not sure if you are high enough level but some of the best drops come from leveling goliaths and there is a great spot in dust behind the garage.

Plus it's fun as hell to take part in and watch the insanity unfold. That is, until they're an Fatal God-liath and he out-levels you and is chasing you for 3 miles. lol

The only thing that bothers me about this is I would of rather of found it on a bandit or something. So far the slot machine gives me better stuff than we are finding at my level(13-16). I generally run 2-3 mans groups when I play so loot should be better than solo.

This has been bumming me out as well. The enemies you kill rarely drop their guns in this game. I've been shot at with some wicked guns that I pray will drop after I kill them, but it never happens.

This has been bumming me out as well. The enemies you kill rarely drop their guns in this game. I've been shot at with some wicked guns that I pray will drop after I kill them, but it never happens.

Indeed.

I think All but 1 or 2 pieces of my gear come from chests or boss loot.

Regular NPCs hardly ever drop their weapons and when they do, it's crap.

On the bright side.... I have some nasty corrosive grenades.

Impact-longbow. Breaks 7 children that will actively seek out enemies.

Archived