Kinect

Super Kev

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got one yesterday for my daughter and i to play, the biggest drawback is the space needed to play the dang thing. Unless you have a good size rom where you can move everything or a basement. I also learned that a person like myself who is gravationaly challenged shoud not be jumping in the living room without stuff secured...my kid loves the animal game and the adventures are ok, i picked up cage fighter also :comp26: what a poorly made game

Picked one up today. I've only done a little, but LOVE IT! I am astounded at how well it works and even recognized my kids and they are completely in love with it. Only problem I have is do I get them Kinectimals or Dance Central? If I get Dance Central, the kids will get Kinectimals for X-mas, so that will probably be how I do it.

Why don't you get them both? .. I know Christmas is coming soon but why not surprise them now.

That's not how it works with kids bro. They need at least one thing that they can BOTH have and Kinectimals is the only thing they want that could/would be for both of them. Hell, the Kinect was surprise enough for them. :lol:

I think you should get Kinectimals. Dance Central is more for adults imo.. and it's a one trick pony. Sometimes you just don't feel like shaking your money maker. :)

Dance Central would be for the wife and myself. Also, alcohol greatly increases your desire to do such a thing. Believe me, I do not dance, but after 4 or 5 beers and 15 minutes of watching my wife dance to some "Poison" I felt compelled to get up off my ass and shake it. And no, there are no videos or pictures of this happening. :lol:

This story really does make me happy. Kinect really is an amazing piece of tech.

This is pretty cool as well. Open source drivers on there way for PC. Someone has hacked Kinect to work on PC.

http://www.techspot.com/news/41091-open-source-kinect-drivers-for-pc-arrive-3000-bounty-won.html

In the meantime, hacker Hector Martin has coded his own drivers (three hours after the European launch of the Kinect) and has released his results and code over on Marcansoft. He's simply displaying the pulled data from the IR and RGB cameras, but it still means you can plug your Kinect into your PC and have some fun (assuming you understand the raw code). Bill gates would be proud. The video below shows Martin's work, which he pulled off without even owning an Xbox 360:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am thinking I really want this. We got Ian a 360 for Christmas (so he stays off ours!! lol), (got him an HD tv for his room too) and I am wishing I had got the bundle instead. Am really hoping I can exchange the 360 itself, for the bundle. I'm thinking I will be lucky if there are any in stock when we pay off the $600 lawaway lol. This will be the best Christmas for the kids in a LOOONG time. I'm so excited for Christmas morning and seeing their faces!

Well I have it and I love it. Not enough room, like everyone else.. i really thought I would have had enough space, I don't have a table and it seems like 7 feet or so but this thing wants 10 or more to be truly happy. It doesn't see my feet but I can still play most party games (those that require hands and torsos at least).

Already had a Kinect party with some friends and it was a blast. No two player since I don't have enough room but it's still fun as hell.

Kinect Adventures sucks, takes FOR EV ER to load. Kinect Sports is the best so far.. Wii Sports killer imo.

• 3 weeks later...

I got one for my birthday last night, and I LOVE it. I only have Kinect Adventures though. I'm glad I have enough room. Last night, my entire family all took turns playing and we played for about four hours. I was skeptical at first, thinking it was gimmicky, but after playing it, I really do think it has a lot of potential.

We bought Kinect yesterday and it's awesome. Makes the Wii look like child's play. The Dance Central demo is the most hilarious thing ever. There is a freestyle thing and the playback of yourself doing it is so hilarious!

We bought Kinect yesterday and it's awesome. Makes the Wii look like child's play. The Dance Central demo is the most hilarious thing ever. There is a freestyle thing and the playback of yourself doing it is so hilarious!

Get Dance Central. It is the most fun I've had at parties and when my family comes over. Get everyone involved even if it takes some liquid courage.

Also, get Kinectimals for the boys. It is one of the best kid's games I've seen.

Get Dance Central. It is the most fun I've had at parties and when my family comes over. Get everyone involved even if it takes some liquid courage.

Also, get Kinectimals for the boys. It is one of the best kid's games I've seen.

You should have seen Jason playing the demo for Dance Central. It was so funny and I actually enjoyed myself playing it. Kind of surprised by it.

We were thinking of buying Kinectimals for Granite. We think he'd love it, because he likes that app on the iTouch where you have a cat that you can take care of....or be evil too.

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=732669559001&playerID=635383662001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAABUoMVlk~,Q5X7TGpy-_mNT9cYHA3KsQGGRANgbASB&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=732669559001&playerID=635383662001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAABUoMVlk~,Q5X7TGpy-_mNT9cYHA3KsQGGRANgbASB&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

You should have seen Jason playing the demo for Dance Central. It was so funny and I actually enjoyed myself playing it. Kind of surprised by it.

We were thinking of buying Kinectimals for Granite. We think he'd love it, because he likes that app on the iTouch where you have a cat that you can take care of....or be evil too.

The Kinectimals game is great for kids. My daughter is 7 and plays it for hours. Dance Cent is a great game as long as you dont have a low roof..many a time ive found myself ducking down to put my hands up...i first got it for morgan but found myself drawn into it too

The Kinectimals game is great for kids. My daughter is 7 and plays it for hours. Dance Cent is a great game as long as you dont have a low roof..many a time ive found myself ducking down to put my hands up...i first got it for morgan but found myself drawn into it too

We bought Dance Central and it is so much fun! Kinectimals will be next for our 4 year old!

Archived