Halo Reach Thread

Elite Effect (Jon)

The reviews are pouring in, and a big shocker...They're all positive. :yahoo:

Game Informer - 95 - Any disappointment series fans felt after ODST should be completely washed away thanks to Reach. Make no mistake about it - this is the true follow-up to Halo 3. It's also a perfect way for Bungie to part with the series it turned into a phenomenon.

Joystiq - 5 out of 5 - Reach brings us right back into the dance that hooked us nine years ago, introduces some cool new steps, and leaves us twirling in enchantment as Bungie graciously bows out. Just keep twirling, Spartan.

Gametrailers - 9.3 - (Video Review.)

Xbox360Achievements.Org - 94 - It’s Halo. It’s the best Halo yet. It’s Bungie going out with a deafening bang.

G4 - 5 our of 5 - Best. Halo. Yet.

1UP - A+ -It's already clear that for their exit from the Halo franchise, the developers at Bungie have crafted a fine sendoff in Halo Reach.

Giant Bomb - 4 out of 5 - Reach feels like a love letter from the developer to its fans. If you're one of those fans, you should have this game.

Inside Gaming - 9.5 out of 10 -

Co-Optimus - 5 out of 5 - Reach feels so massive, so social, and so polished - it may not be a perfect experience - but it’s the perfect way to introduce the Halo: Combat Evolved game we love, to end with a game we’ll be playing for a long, long time.

Gamepro - 5 out of 5 - An epic story, incredible pacing, and a spot-on mix of old and new elements make Reach’s campaign Halo’s best yet. Oh, and when you’ve finished the story mode, plan on spending a large chunk of your life in the massive online universe. Any way you cut it, Halo: Reach is a fantastic swan song for Bungie, and it leaves behind a Spartan-sized set of boots for 343 Industries to fill.

Euro Gamer - 9 out of 10 - I called it a monument at the start, and that's just it. Reach is an encore, a victory lap, a crowd-pleasing last hurrah for a series that most definitely won't end here, but will just as definitely never be the same again. Halo deserves another game this good, and Reach is a deserving tribute.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I prepared myself for the launch of this game with the following:

- 4 Liters of Pepsi

- 3 bags of chips

- Cheez its

- Poptarts (for the morning sessions)

- 3 new pairs of shorts in expectance of a uncontrolled and unexpected orgasm while playing campaign

I just don't want to play campaign, actually like it, then not have anyone to play online.

Are you seriously thinking that no one will be playing the game if you take a week or two to beat the campaign a couple times before playing the multiplayer? lol

It's Halo! Everyone and their mom will be playing it! Halo 2 still had an active community up until Bungie shut down the servers for it earlier this year, and many people still play Halo 3. I expect reach to have a decent amount of players for at least three years.

And I'll play it with you when I get my copy and finish the campaign, Fatal.

I have, err, could have my copy today. It's sitting at Best Buy right now awaiting pick up. However, I don't feel like getting it. So, maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow. I'll certainly be playing it. Dunno how much multiplayer I will be doing, but I'll be rocking up some campaign action :) .

Yesterday I prepared myself for the launch of this game with the following:

- 4 Liters of Pepsi

- 3 bags of chips

- Cheez its

- Poptarts (for the morning sessions)

- 3 new pairs of shorts in expectance of a uncontrolled and unexpected orgasm while playing campaign

bogey, its eerie how similar our preperations are

Archived