I'm Finally Moving! Wooooooot!

ThermoNukePanda

Topic says it all.

This was completely shear luck I'm telling you. Random chance.

Coy and I had Friday off, her birthday was Thursday but she had to work so we took Friday off together. We have been talking about moving and getting the eff out of this dinky 2 bedroom apartment we've been living in for 7+ years now. The rent is super cheap ($490/mo, utilities are on the town's municpal electric so it's only like $40-$50 a month which is AWESOME) but we're severely cramped. Even though it's a 2 bedroom it's still only about 650sq ft with only 1 bathroom and it's on the second floor. On top of it all it's in thie crappy complex of 4 connected buildings, with this single lane driveway that drives down into the parking lot so it's tough to get in and out of, especially when asshats PARK in the driveway and sit there so I can't pull in/out. There is no place we can just step outside and relax, no place to have a grill/etc and it's on a main street which means I have to pull across three lanes of traffic to get out of the driveway.

Anyways, we had an appointment with this woman who was the landlord for a girl Coy works with. The site was near her job, so it would have been convenient for her, but it was about 10 miles from my job (meaning I wouldn't be able to walk to work anymore). We went and met her, but the place just wasn't what we were looking for. It was a half a house, the downstairs part, but it was only 1 bedroom and 1 bath. Sure it had a nice porch we could use and a little back deck, but it was just too small. They wanted $600 a month and it was the same size practically as what we have now, just with a "dining room" and a "foyer" instead of a second bedroom.

We were feeling a little discouraged at this point honestly. We've looked around and it's HARD to find a place that will accept pets, let alone the fact that we have TWO pets (an old miniature dachshund and an old cat who are exceptionally well behaved).

So Coy got online and was just randomly surfing. She doesn't use the PC much and ended up getting hits back on Craigslist from Google searching. She was looking on there and I had said "Yeah, that's sometimes a bad site. Lots of crime and weird stuff and you never know what you'll get".

Long story short, after about an hour of searching we happened upon a number for a woman who had a couple places to rent. So we called her, and she immediately answered the phone and told us, "Yeah! I have two places you can look at. I can meet you in a half hour".

So we went to the first place. It was nicer than what we had, still 2 bedrooms, but it was a half house. Kind of dumpy looking, and when she was trying to open the door about 3 dogs were barking loudly in the adjoining part. She couldn't get the key to work and was like "oh, I'll have to call my husband to break the lock cause they must have changed them. This woman and her family just moved out because we had to evict them."

*sinking feeling in stomach"

"Oh, but let's go look at the other place", she said.

So we drive on over to the other place.

Holy crap. It's a NICE friggin area. It's a culdesac of identical duplex townhouses in a NICE area of the town. I'm talking the surrounding houses are like $250K+. I immediately though this would be out of our price range, especially considering we were on our way to look at a 3 bedroom place.

I was wrong.

Let me tell you. It's two stories. THREE Bedrooms. HUUUUUUGE friggin master bedroom w/ adjoining full bathroom (it's more than DOUBLE the size of our current bedroom). 2 other bedrooms (still bigger than any of our rooms now). A total of 2 full baths, and one half bathroom on the first floor. First floor has an awesome entranceway, giant living room, monster kitchen with a walk out back deck with nice sliding doors AND a FIREPLACE, dining room and the half bath. Upstairs is two more full bathrooms, the master bedroom and two other bedrooms. Tons of closets, a walk in closet and a "powder room".

AND there is an amazing basement. It's not finished, but it's a NICE basement. No hanging pipes/ductwork, super clean and dry. Plus a front porch.

It's 1700+ sq ft, not including the 500+sq ft basement.

$895 a month. utilities will run us around $150. We can TOTALLY afford it since Coy is working now.

This woman's phone was BLOWING up all day while we were with her. I'm not joking, this is a HARD little community to get into and she is going to let us have both pets without a question or extra deposit. This place is amazing. I can't tell you how excited we are. It even has a washer and dryer hook up.

.... but we have no washer and dryer...

...and she's like "Oh, this woman across the street is moving out. Someone is already moving in there but she's trying to sell her washer and dryer set. You can buy it if you'd like".

$500. For a larger than full size washer and dryer. They're LESS than two years old and look PERFECT.

Sweet mother of God, sometimes things just fall into place. We put down the deposit that day to lock it in. She said someone had already looked at it and were supposed to give her the deposit next week, but she liked us better.

We can move in by October 1st!

GAAAAAHH!!! I'm so happy I could scream. Just wanted to share this all with you. We're going to have a MASSIVELY AWESOME HUGE place. We don't even have enough furniture to furnish it all! ROFL. I'm totally going to have a guitar/music room, and the other room will be a library (we have like 6 bookcases. LoL)

but yeah, I'm TOTALLY stoked. Sorry for the long a.ss rant.

:headbang::headbang: :headbang: :Approve::grouphug::applause::Megaman::binago: :binago: :CCSmile:

Dude, the basement is great. I'm going to hook up a nice punching bag down there on the steel beams, and probably put my elliptical machine down there. You have no idea. I'll take pictures when I can.

I'll finally be able to set up my surround sound stereo system too. My kenmore stack and sweetass set of Polk Audio speakers have been sitting in a jumble for the longest time.

That is freaking awesome man! The rent for that is insanely cheap too! I'm happy for you. Hope the move goes really well!

You're not kidding. For the sheer size of the place it's incredibly cheap. I couldn't believe it. I thought she was joking and that was $895 TWICE a month. I had to ask her to clarify that. LoL

As I told my woman, maybe someone was looking out for us and new we were unhappy. A lot of the reason we fight right now is because of how CRAMPED we are and how unhappy we are in this little apartment. This place was good, but it served its purpose.

*starts whistling the theme song to The Jeffersons*

Sounds like a great place. Happy you guys caught a break.

Thanks PK. We NEEDED one. I've been promising her we'd move out of this place for awhile now and I'm glad I found a place worthy of her. (Of course, worthy of ME too, but I gots to take care of my woman!)

I'm soooooooo stoked. Words fail me!

Hmm...I wonder how long it will be before we hear about a baby....usually if a female has an empty room, the baby itch comes hardcore....trust me! :P

Is that what's been tickling my uterus?

Congrats Chris. Glad to hear things have turned around so well for you and Coy. What an awesome b-day gift for her too. :D

Archived