Anyone else disappointed with Watch Dogs?

So I picked the game up when it came out last Tuesday and have been playing through it on my PS4. 

While it's not a terrible game whatsoever, I just feel that the title absolutely does not live up to the expectations and hype that surrounded its prerelease.  The game world does not feel very alive to me, in the same manner that titles like GTA felt very "organic" and living.  It's hard to describe, but it feels stilted and shallow I guess?

I'm also not a huge fan of the driving at all.  It feels off to me.

I have been enjoying the minigames myself.  Spider tank is a real joy to play.  The jumping flower psychadelic thing though is weird and difficult, and Cash Run for me is pretty hard.

Anyone else pick this up?  What are your praises and concerns about the game so far?

I have the game for PC but sadly, as of right now, said PC cannot run it.

I haven't heard much of it but I did take note that the driving was wonky........

One thing tho could be that we're getting into this game with the very high standards that GTA has set.

I played it on PS4 for an hour and a half and turned it off. The hype was too strong for a mediocre game. Maybe it's just me but walking around, listening in on conversations, profiling ppl, simple bank account hacks, etc. it's just not for me....Now on to Mario Kart 8 with my son!!! Aww yea

Thinking about it for sure.

You and me both..... the minute they ever announce a new Castlevania or a Metroid is the day I absolutely would never be able to resist.  As it stands right now it's already pretty tempting but I've been busy with my PS4 and a lot of FFXIV. 

Spawn keeps saying the WiiU is pretty great though and I believe him.

I barely had a chance to do more than boot it up. I got it pretty cheap so hopefully it will be worth the money. PC petformance wise it's trending towards most games built around new consoles. If you don't have at least 3gb of VRAM you're going to have issues depending on settings. My 690 should stomp all over it, but it can't because of only 2gb VRAM. Oh well. Titan z time maybe.

Dude, this game looks like balls. I wish that the information you can pull from people was actually relevant. Like "buys women's used underwear" and you can be like "hey man $200 look what I got" or "has epileptic seizures" and you can hack all the lights and make them blink so he uncontrollably spasms.

I mean wtf is the point

Dude, this game looks like balls. I wish that the information you can pull from people was actually relevant. Like "buys women's used underwear" and you can be like "hey man $200 look what I got" or "has epileptic seizures" and you can hack all the lights and make them blink so he uncontrollably spasms.

I mean wtf is the point

Yeah, I picked it up, hoping for little details such as you mention. I've only played it for  a couple hours at most. I had hoped it would be different enough from GTA that it would hold my attention, sadly that just isn't the case, looks like I'll continue with Borderlands 2, Diablo and Titanfall until Destiny drops, and then Pre-Sequel. I'm really not hyped about anything else yet.

Archived