the one thing im hating about skyrim

StealthyShadows

The dragon won't land unless it's attacking something else or if you aggro it. To make it attack you, you have to damage it. So either use a bow or a spell. Lightning Bolt works pretty well since it has good range and moves much faster than an arrow. You should hear the music change if you did it right.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the thread title needs to be changed. But to add another thing I dislike. I am not a fan of the perks system. It works ok but it makes it a lot harder to change your character type mid game. The older titles were nice in you could eventually do everything with the same character if you wanted.

I think the thread title needs to be changed. But to add another thing I dislike. I am not a fan of the perks system. It works ok but it makes it a lot harder to change your character type mid game. The older titles were nice in you could eventually do everything with the same character if you wanted.

I totally agree. A respeccing option at least would help. No more efficient leveling at least. You can still grind but it's a lot harder to mess up stats. At least on PC you can use console commands to change perks if you had to.

Yeah but I miss actually doin it. In the last two titles I would save say the mages quests for later then use that time to level and play like a Mage. I can't do that now without missing some of the better perks for my main class.

Seems like they set it up to make you replay the game. I however like to keep it all with one character.

Yeah but I miss actually doin it. In the last two titles I would save say the mages quests for later then use that time to level and play like a Mage. I can't do that now without missing some of the better perks for my main class.

Seems like they set it up to make you replay the game. I however like to keep it all with one character.

Yeah. While you could essentially max out all skills, if you don't invest perk points in magic for instance, it will be really hard to use. You need to invest in the main path of each magic school to make each tier of spells in that category cost half as much, or else it's horribly inefficient to use them. On the other hand I won't ever be that great with weapons if I don't invest in fighting even if I start using swords only and max out my One Handed skill, since you can basically double your melee damage with some fighting perks.

The one thing I hate is when I get to a loading screen and I turn to my computer than one I look back there's a ******* wearwolf on the screen just staring at me ahaha. it gets me everytime.

I really like this game, probably more than oblivion. I know you guys mentioned a "dumbing down" but I feel this way, the gameplay is more calculated. I find that in order to succeed and emerse yourself into the game, you have to have a goal on what your character is going to be. The way the perks are, you can't just level up everything, you have to chose a certain skill or mode of attack in the beginning to develop a truly strong character. In this game, I find myself thinking more about how to approach a certain fight or situation. Or maybe it's just my "maturity" as a player, I mean Oblivion was like what 5 years ago or something so back then I'd just randomly click crap and just find the strongest two handed weapon and go charging in.

As a whole, I think choices are more important than previous games, like choosing the stormcloaks over the imperials. Everyhting in this game has a consequence, you kill a store owner, they're dead forever. It's more realistic, I believe, in its randomness of events and their consequences.

Yeah I get what your saying, for me at least I've found a balance of my character between archery and magic. But your right, I can't spend the perks on something like enchantment or lockpicking which in Oblivion wouldn't be an issue.

Yeah I get what your saying, for me at least I've found a balance of my character between archery and magic. But your right, I can't spend the perks on something like enchantment or lockpicking which in Oblivion wouldn't be an issue.

Yeah the system kind of makes the noncombat skills feel like a total waste. I think what would be better is getting maybe two points per level, but the two points are in different sets. Like the second point can only be spent in noncombat skills like smithing, lockpicking, enchanting, and speechcraft. Or just a different system entirely.

In my opinion the old system was essentially broken in that you could be over or underpowered depending on how OCD you were about your stats and leveling methods, but dumbing it down this much wasn't necessarily the best way to go about it. It works for what it is though.

In Skyrim, I don't see any options or details in the menu on how you're perceived, like if you're infamous or like a good guy. Did they completely do away with that?

There is no karma system, and as far as I'm aware, no way to check your standing with Skyrim's population. As long as you aren't gangbanged with arrows when you walk into a town, you should be okay. I've done some of the Dark Brotherhood quest, and I've been killing some "good" people, and nobody has treated me any different. I think the general rule is as long as you aren't a vampire, werewolf, or a murderer killing everyone in every town, everybody likes you and gives you the BotD.

Edit* Scratch all of what I just said, I did some Googleing, and apparently there is a reputation system. You just can't view it for yourself. If you do good quests people will begin taking notice and treating you accordingly, same with being evil. Someone on another forum said if you're a good player the Dark Brotherhood will randomly send out assassins to kill you over your travels. So it's there, just not viewable like Oblivion's fame meter.

I can confirm the part about the assassins. I've had four assassins try to kill me in my travels.

Yeah, that explains it.

And funny thing for those that know Death Note.

My character is called Kira *duh* and had an assassin come after me.

Killed the assassin and read the note he had on him

*Dear assassin

The target will be appearing at ******* location

DO what you have to do

~N

"

I'm like... wuuut

I never used smithing enchanting or alchemy in the previous games so maybe thats why i haven't noticed it, i don't even use it in this game, i just use what i find and sell what i don't use. PK did tell me to start breaking down my items to learn the enchantments so i started doing that instead of sell them all. I just hate how vendors never have enough gold i'd be a rich **** right now and i still am with al the stuff piled up in my house.

Alchemy is a great way to level up, and get tons of gold selling the potions. At like 80 speech you can get a perk to invest 500 gold, so they have more. At 90 you can sell stolen goods. At 100 (I'm at 96 I think) theres a perk that gives all vendors 1k more gold. Its worth leveling up. My pickpocket is at 100. I've got my hands in everyones pockets lol.

For all I've said about it I still have to admit its the first game in ages I can't wait to get back to every day.

Same here. I been sick and hurting lately, normally I would be laying down and sleeping more. But I cant not play this game. Shanes been laughing at me. He'll call me from work when he's headed for a load, and I'll say I'm planning to get off the game soon, then he'll get back to the truck stop 3 hours later and I'm still on lol. I am itching right now to get on!! I have clocked in somewhere around 80 hours!!

The thing that I hate right now (not many things to hate!) is only the damn followers. Its not too bad with the humans, but I had a dog I wanted to kill! I can't tell you how many times I got stuck in a corner or something because of that stupid fuckin dog! Humans you can tell them to move by telling them to wait there. You can't do that with the dog. It finally died and I was happy lol.

How many times have ya'll saved??? Nearly 700 saves here!!! I save before doing anything.

Haha. Yes the damn companions get in the way. It's funny because if it's random npcs they move. The companions just stick right to you. I haven't tried it with a dog but I know you can hold the action button on a companion and it automatically brings up the commands curser. Might work for animals.

I only have about 35 hours in but I have over 130 saves. I use quicksave a lot but I don't save over any full saves either.

I will definantly agree it is hard to want to spend your perks on non-combat skills. I am basically playing a necromancer. I like conjuration and Illusion but for illusion to even be viable I need to fill the whole damn tree. I put a few in enchanting but man it was a tough decision

Last thought for now. There is nothing like sneaking around with my muffle spell then casting fury on an ususpecting bandit in a group. They freak out and finally kill him then I unleash my frost atronach or the fire one. If that is not enough I reanimate someone and run in with my bound sword haha.

Oh! I remembered something I am absolutely pissed about. I'm thinking it was the drinking game quest, when I ended up in the temple. The chick told me to clean up my mess. I think I picked up an alto wine, and a giants toe. Now I have 6 giants toes (1 lb. each) and 17 (1/2 lb. each) that are set aside for a "quest." WTF?! Now I cannot make the fortify carry weight potion because every single giants toe I pick up now becomes a quest item!!! I did drink about 25 alto wines in one setting to get rid of some of them, but it won't get lower than 17 frickin wines!! Starscream said she had the same problem at some point, and it just went away. Its taking up some space in my inventory and its pissing me off! PATCH!!!

Archived