the one thing im hating about skyrim

StealthyShadows

Ouch. That sucks. I guess you can't turn the quest item in anywhere?

Nope. Theres no quest for it. I'm just screwed til it goes away I guess.

Hey, is it possible to set it up on here so it remembers my font and everything, so I don't have to do it everytime? I have seen some sites that have that option.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Theres no quest for it. I'm just screwed til it goes away I guess.

Hey, is it possible to set it up on here so it remembers my font and everything, so I don't have to do it everytime? I have seen some sites that have that option.

I have implemented a way to make font settings easier for the users. I used yours as an example since you were the first to request it.

It's not the best method, but it should make things easier.

ok so i need some help on one of these quests, so the following may have some spoilers in it

I just finished the wall of alduin quest and was told to go talk to the greybeards. i was not given a quest to do so but ifgured id just have to go talk to them anyway and get the next part of the chain done. i get up there and none of them have a quest for me to tell me where to go next. Getting rather frustrated about it and dont want to restart after dumping 50 hours into the game. I have tried looking it up on the internet but have not been able to find the anwer. all i have found is that most people that have the same problem were on the pc and just used the console command to get past it. however im stuck on the console cant do this and odnt know where to go. I have done the quyest for the greybeards up to turning in the horn and then they say that when im ready i can speak to their master. im sure thats what i need to do to get the final shout needed to kill alduin but i dont know what quest is the one for that. If anyone knows what im suppose to do please let me know im getting pretty pissed off trying to find it since none of my quests in the log reference the greybeards at all

I think that's where I was last too. The greybeards said something along the lines of "All of High Hrothgar is now open to you", but when I tried to go up, the icy death blast was still barring the way, and none of my shouts could be used to bypass it. Not sure if I got another quest or not. That was one of the last things I did before I RMA'd my GPU for fan issues, so I can't play it again and see what I have to do for another half a week most likely.

Funny thing though, I did manage to get to the top of the mountain another way (then reloaded to prevent breaking any quests). Horses are badass mountain climbers in Skyrim lol.

Have you went back to the woman you got the horn from? I think you may have to do some blades quests first. Or you may have to keep finding shouts until you get the one that clears the pass. I can let you know for sure when I get home. I'll look at my guide.

ok so i need some help on one of these quests, so the following may have some spoilers in it

I just finished the wall of alduin quest and was told to go talk to the greybeards. i was not given a quest to do so but ifgured id just have to go talk to them anyway and get the next part of the chain done. i get up there and none of them have a quest for me to tell me where to go next. Getting rather frustrated about it and dont want to restart after dumping 50 hours into the game. I have tried looking it up on the internet but have not been able to find the anwer. all i have found is that most people that have the same problem were on the pc and just used the console command to get past it. however im stuck on the console cant do this and odnt know where to go. I have done the quyest for the greybeards up to turning in the horn and then they say that when im ready i can speak to their master. im sure thats what i need to do to get the final shout needed to kill alduin but i dont know what quest is the one for that. If anyone knows what im suppose to do please let me know im getting pretty pissed off trying to find it since none of my quests in the log reference the greybeards at all

Climb up the moutian and go to the throat of the world.

Looks like it is quest related.

Main Quest: Throat of the World right after Alduin's Wall

Go back to High Hrothgar and talk to Master Arngeir. Have to inform him you need the shout to beat Alduin. He'll be pissed and end the conversation no matter what. Then as you walk away he should stop you and teach you the Clear Skies Shout.

If you've already talked to him about the Shout to defeat Alduin then something may be bugged.

im about ready to snap this disc in half honestly. I just made it to the top of the throat of the world by scaling the mountain hoping that it would reglitch it or something. Im fairly certain i know what caused it and it's complete bullshit that it even glitched. already considered waiting for the patch in hope to fix it, but just like with the original fall out, waiting for patches killed the game because i stopped caring by the time they fixed it. I was in love with this game and having a blast and now all because of some crappy programming i cant finish the story now

Stealthy, that does suck, but the main quest is such a short part of this game I'd move on to other things. I know you want to finish it, but instead of ruining the game for you try moving on to side quests or other faction quests while you wait for a patch. I know the feeling of being disenchanted with a game while waiting for fixes.

well the thing is dat, i have been just running around. I went and sought out the dark brother hood as they are always fun to do. Went and did the mages guild to hopefully get some awesome gear to support my fireball throwing ways. Kinda started the companions but lost interest. Went exploring through dozens of dungeons, slayed every dragon i could find, and all around had a blast just exploring. I finally said hey maybe i should check out the story and got shut down. I want to keep playing but knowing that i cant finish the story makes me think im just wasting time playing this character anymore

the last save i have takes me back to finding esebern in riften. im going to give that shot tomorrow but dont think that will fix it as it would be the third time ihave done the quest and (assuming the same results) have not gotten the next stage. any other stage in the saves loses me 30+ hours of gameplay and puts me back to lvl 12 or something low like that

Archived