the one thing im hating about skyrim

StealthyShadows

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Googled to see if the enemies scale in this game and found Todd Howard saying this...

“[skyrim]’s a lot more like Fallout 3, where as you level up you are going to see harder things, but the easier things stay around as well,” Howard told PC Gamer of the RPG’s enemy difficulty scaling.

“You’ll still run into the weaker stuff and you’ll just decimate it.”

On the subject of NPC conversations, Howard again pointed to Bethesda’s post-apocalyptic epic rather than the last outing in Tamriel.

“There’s very few completely random conversations. We’ve gone more towards a system, like we did in Fallout 3, where they have a specific conversation with a specific person about various topics,” he explained.

Lol at the video. I really can't wait to get my hands on the construction set. I'm gonna spend the next couple hours at work reading the guide.

For all I've said about it I still have to admit its the first game in ages I can't wait to get back to every day.

Funny video. Yeah I'm really enjoying it. It feels like even more of a new experience to me than just being a new ES game because I'm trying a play style I never have in an ES game before, going pretty much pure mage. Through all my gear and a perk I now have +245% magicka regeneration rate. I'm still a little disappointed at how much magicka I get though. The regeneration rate is about halved in combat for some reason that's not explained anywhere. I think it was that way in previous games. Still, my character is getting pretty powerful. I now have tier 3 destruction spells, good healing, and some armor spells. I just need to keep upping my regen rate and max magicka to get where I can have enough for most encounters.

I guess I can understand what you guys are saying about dumbed down features. Some not bad in my opinion. I was curious to discover that there is no item endurance. I am used to dealing with that. I was heavy into other RPG games on my PC back in the day but these days I don't play on my PC that much because I sit at a computer all day and the last thing I want to do when I come home is to sit at another computer. But chilling on the couch works so 360 it is!

That said on the 360 I am used to games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect and other limited RPG games. Want to talk about dumbed down haha? My point is there is nothing else like this game that I have played on the 360. I did not play the previous games like Oblivion much but this game has made me extremely happy. It has enough depth for me and the sheer size of the world and stuff to do has me losing sleep. Loving this game. As a friend of mine said, "Sunlight is overrated" haha.

Breton rocks! I am always a Mage first and foremost in all these type of games then I make other characters later on. My Breton is coming along nicely. She is a bad *** conjurer! I love the Bound Weapons so cool! Can't wait to get my crafting skills up for all the professions to help me and my followers. The main thing I want to figure out right now though is how the heck am I supposed to know what armor my followers will wear?? My current follower seems like a paladin type but she won't put anything on but a Mage Robe that has 50% magicka regen.

Imagine if you weren't a feline mage, Kevin. They've typically been thief/stealthy character. If you ever make another mage character, consider a Breton or Altmer. They annoy me, too, but they are at the top of their class. lol

You can be whatever you want with whatever class or race you want in a TES game if you don't level up mindlessly, I've learned (except this new one where you're limited by how many perks you can take :/ ). +50 Magicka isn't bad (though I already have a ton from enchanted items) but that's about it. The other ability on High Elves is 60 seconds of fast mana regen but only once a day, I hate the limitation of abilities like that. At least with the Khajiit my Night Eye can be used freely. Not worth having a character that looks like a ss for just those two things in my opinion lol.

The racial starting bonuses to skills are meaningless too, imo. If you're going to use the skills anyways they'll level fast regardless, especially those first 5 or 10 would be bonus points.

There's a number of power stones throughout the world that add magic perks. They replace the plus 20% skill gain ones, but there are some cool ones.

Yep, I'm going to go for the one that increases my magicka regeneration rate tonight (The Apprentice Stone).

Fun fact: I've mentioned magicka regeneration in two thirds of my posts today. Skyrim much? lol

Archived