Hands On with Bogey

Bogey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, does anybody agree/disagree with what I had to say? I don't necesarilly think it's a bad thing, but I do think that the success of Modern Warfare has influenced Bungie to re-evaluate their formula.

Haven't played Reach yet but I definitely see some effects of Modern Warfare in Battlefield Bad Company 2 with the whole leveling up and adding skills (perks) to your classes thing (although I've honestly never played a Battlefield game before BFBC2, so they could have already had that stuff to some extent). All multiplayer shooters copy from each other in some way, especially when one comes out with a winning formula (like Halo 2's matchmaking).

So, does anybody agree/disagree with what I had to say? I don't necesarilly think it's a bad thing, but I do think that the success of Modern Warfare has influenced Bungie to re-evaluate their formula.

I don't disagree, if anything I would agree with you. They haven't stole Modern Warfare's formula. But with the added sprint button, and a few other things. They definitely tried to streamline the controls, and what not, to satisfy newcomers to the series. Which isn't a bad thing, they kept the core of what makes Halo, Halo. Its inspired by some of the more modern shooters these days. Including Modern Warfare.

That is the very first thing that I thought when I played it...

I really don't know what I think of the game...

I hate to say it... but I kind of miss the old halo more...

Persistant Characters are the key words here. I love games with persistance.

Chromehounds is a great example of a game I loved with a "persistant war". EndWar stole the formula.

MAG, Modern Warfare and Battlefield are also good examples of games with persistant characters.

It's the joy of leveling up and unlocking things for yourself, to customize yourself, that give satisfaction to players these days.

it was up to 78 percent, then my controller fell and the guide button was held down which made the turn off console/controller screen appear. It stopped the download and when i started it up again it had to start from the beginning. About to hit my 3 hour mark.

Persistant Characters are the key words here. I love games with persistance.

Chromehounds is a great example of a game I loved with a "persistant war". EndWar stole the formula.

MAG, Modern Warfare and Battlefield are also good examples of games with persistant characters.

It's the joy of leveling up and unlocking things for yourself, to customize yourself, that give satisfaction to players these days.

True, but with Halo it's completely aesthetic. You don't actually upgrade to make your character better. I prefer this simply because I hate the fact that Modern Warfare forces you to play the game for an extended period of time to come to par with other players. However, I believe this gives leveling up less of an incentive in Halo.

I like the addition of different load outs though. I feel like sprinting should come standard with spartans and the rolling feature for elites should also come standard though.

How are the various weapons? Do certain ones feel overpowered? I remember that the spiker was really overpowered in the Halo 3 beta.

I feel like sprinting should come standard with spartans and the rolling feature for elites should also come standard though.

Sprinting (from what i heard not actually know) makes a spartan as fast as an elite, elites are supposed to be faster because of there size (and horse legs?) so the only way to give Spartans an auto-sprint would be to make elites faster, and then they would be running at sub-sonic speeds. As for an auto-evade, i need to actually use it to see if it would overpower the already stronger elite.

Sprinting (from what i heard not actually know) makes a spartan as fast as an elite, elites are supposed to be faster because of there size (and horse legs?) so the only way to give Spartans an auto-sprint would be to make elites faster, and then they would be running at sub-sonic speeds. As for an auto-evade, i need to actually use it to see if it would overpower the already stronger elite.

Not necessarily. One could argue that spartans should be as fast because they are specially trained elite fighters in their own right. I just feel like, gameplay wise, it would be neat that each race had their own physical perks (I guess).

Elites were a race basically bred for war, they got the same if not harder training than the spartans minus all the drugs. Plus the horse feet thing, have you ever seen something slow that had horse feet? but i do understand what you mean by both sides having certain abilities, but can really say anything for or against it because i havent played it yet, im actually starting it up right nowbiggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm going to be that guy and say that I will most likely not buy this game. Point taken, that I haven't played much of it at all but it just didn't refuel my interest in the series. I think I am one of the people who's halo career died out with ODST due to my dissapointment. This isn't my final impression though and I'll definitely give it more of a chance and note all of the improvements but so far, I'm just not impressed enough to fork out another $60.

I have to say, waiting 4 hours due to my bad router.. thanks for giving some info before . Halo REACH is awesome!!!! I can't wait to get home to play it again!!!! BETA TESTING RULES!

thanks peeknuckle for the info on the sweater.

but my one question, how do you get to play as an elite?

Archived