The Dark Knight Rises

spawn622

Finally getting some casting confirmations on this:

Anne Hathaway will be Selina Kyle aka Catwoman

Tom Hardy will be Bane

Of course Christian Bale will be back as Batman. I have to say, I like the sound of how this is going.

BURBANK, CA, January 19, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Source article: /Film

Bane is in this? This movie is going crap then. I thought Knightfall was stupid and it made stop reading Batman comics. I hate characters whose only purpose is to destroy things.

op·ti·mism

   /ˈɒptəˌmɪzəm/ Show Spelled[op-tuh-miz-uhm]

–noun

1. A disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2. The belief that good ultimately predominates over evil in the world.

3. The belief that goodness pervades reality.

4. The doctrine that the existing world is the best of all possible worlds.

Seeing how everyone was was saying "Ledger can't pull of The Joker" before Dark Knight came out and trying to put my love of Anne Hathaway on the back burner, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I -do- think Anne can pull it off. I may be crazy but her looks remind me a lof of Audrey Hepburn.

For those who don't know, look up the picture of Audrey Hepburn as Catwoman as drawn by Adam Hughes.

• 2 weeks later...

op·ti·mism

   /ˈɒptəˌmɪzəm/ Show Spelled[op-tuh-miz-uhm]

–noun

1. A disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2. The belief that good ultimately predominates over evil in the world.

3. The belief that goodness pervades reality.

4. The doctrine that the existing world is the best of all possible worlds.

If you bought and read as many comics as I have from DC and Marvel you wouldn't very optimistic either.

Have you so quickly forgotten the FIRST time Bane was in a Batman movie?

If you bought and read as many comics as I have from DC and Marvel you wouldn't very optimistic either.

Have you so quickly forgotten the FIRST time Bane was in a Batman movie?

2 things:

1 - I do buy and read a metric shit ton of comics, so I am very well aware of the poor storytelling that is currently the bane (Pun fully intended) of our comic existence. And my take on it is this, the old Batman stories could easily be made in to something big screen worthy, with a good writing team is behind them. Even a character who, as you put it, "only purpose is to destroy things" (Which is a truly false statement about Bane.) can be written to be very entertaining and fit in to the current Nolan-verse of Batman. Which brings me to point number 2.

2 - Akiva Goldsman is a shitty screenwriter and has been behind some of the worst films ever put to celluloid (Yes, I realize films are usually not put to celluloid anymore, but I prefer the term. Call me old school). However, he has NOTHING to do with The Dark Knight Rises. Goyer and the Nolan brothers have done an excellent job with the previous 2 films in this trilogy and have taken various Batman story arcs and melded them in to something amazing. This is where my "optimism" clearly lies with Nolan and his team. To write off a film because of the inclusion of a character that you truly do not understand and/or was poorly executed previously is quite thick.

• 5 months later...

They're starting primary shooting here in the Burgh sometime at the end of this month. Lots of police vehicles have been shipped into the city (cruisers, SWAT, etc.).

270372_2206644533587_1471629814_2465409_6478447_n.jpg

Also, they're filming a huge scene in Heinz Field on Saturday, August 6th. On the same day Death Cab for Cutie will be in town at the concert venue I work at (which is right next to Heinz Field), so I'll try to be in the movie and maybe bring the band along.

• 1 year later...

I was just about to make a thread entitled "The Dark Knight Rises" in the Movies and TV section when I didn't see it in there section until I did a search and found this one which is exactly the same but a year old. So, I CAST REVIVE.

I went and saw this yesterday, great movie. The tones were spot on, being a very dark movie with a bleak outlook, and the usual fantastic music to back up every scene. Even if Nolan North won't be directing any more of these, it left some interesting ideas open for a possible future director to work with.

So, the music was great, and Anne Hathaway was hot in leather. However, overall I was really let down. I can't really place why, but maybe I was just over hyped. Not a bad movie, but nowhere near as good as I've been hearing from everyone. Oh, to give a little big of faith back, the ending was really the best part to me. I really liked how they wrapped everything up.

I've seen well over 200 movies including many of the "greatest" movies of all time and I am on record as saying TDKR was one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'll try to write up a review if anyone is interested, but it's about 3 where I am and I'm tired as all hell.

The movie itself was full of plot holes and nonsensical things that somewhat drove me out of the story. And that voice...cheezuz crust that voice. No, I don't mean Bane's, seriously, that the hell were Bale and Nolan thinking? However, it redeems the first 2 films, that I was not a fan of. I do feel like they could have put Harvey Dent and Batman's fall in Begins and only had 2 films. I really want to know how the story changed because of Ledger's untimely demise. Previously '89 Batman was my absolute favorite Dark Knight film and it borders on being my favorite still.

Speaking of Batman's voice (Be sure to watch some of the other Batman videos from College Humor):

Finally got to see this last night. Not a bad film, but not the hype i expected. I did learn that the next time my back hurts i will just have my wife smack me in the spot hang from a rope and do some sit-ups....prob solved

Archived