The Walking Dead

spawn622

I'll be honest, these cliche characters in the show are getting to me.

The comic has no cliche characters. G-DAWG, the rednecks, the vatos.. they all don't exist in the comic. The comic just has normal people like you and me. No hoodlums vs racists.

I dont know why these extreme personality types were added (extras from Breaking Bad?) but they tend to overshadow the normal humans who are more engrossing and who make the comic what it is: rick/shane/carl/dale/etc.

I still like it. to me it's like watching the comic i love but in an alternate universe.

I think they are using them to meld into what the comics are. The last episode was showing that everyone was just people. It was all just a front. Redneck who was missing a brother, street gangs who are now taking care of the elderly, etc. I think they are trying to set the tone that people are different, but at the same time they are beginning to see that it's all just the living and the dead. Normal people with normal differences adjusting to the apocalypse. I would be surprised if it's a common theme. Though, people fighting people for resources will likely continue.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty damn late on this, but people keep telling me to watch this, so I've caved in, and checked it out a few minutes ago. I only watched the Pilot Episode, but I honestly feel like this is a show I can get into. I haven't watched any other episodes yet, and I know nothing about the comics, but the acting seems really good. The overall tone of the show seems amazing as well.

I'll definitely be getting caught up on this show, and be ready for the second season.

• 4 months later...

Like a zombie, this thread is back. Thought this video was pretty cool.

<br>

<br>

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/20541810?color=ffffff" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="

Walking Dead" Demo Reel 2010</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/stargate">Stargate Studios</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Its retarded that this isn't on Netflix's Watch Instantly stuff.

Mad Men will be on Netflix streaming on 5/12 which opens the door for all the other AMC shows to come afterwards. Just give it time. Netflix has been working with most of the major studios (TV and Movie) to get as much content online as possible and have been doing a great job here lately of getting some really good stuff.

I've decided to overcome my hatred of Mr. Rathburn and read this comic.n I haven't seen the TV show yet but depending if and when it's on Netflix I'll likely watch it. I don't think DVD or Blueray sales are going to tank as bad as CDs did. A lot of people still have pretty slow internet access and when the Instant Que is constantly buffering a lot of people will get impatient waiting and just go pick up the disc for ten bucks

I dunno if I said this before in this thread (I could look, but I'm lazy): Rathburn's art sucks. It sucks! Compared to Tony Moore who did the first volume, it's really sloppy and add to that there's no color and you get some serious crappy sketches. BUT Walking Dead shines due to it's writing. The writing is so good that it pales everything else.

• 5 months later...

This show is okay, I still think it's missing something. I'm going to keep watching it though. Something i find completely stupid though is why keep worrying about that r.v.? Lol. Why not just get a new one, or a big van? I understand a large vehicle is useful but they have so many better options then having to worry about a piece of crap r.v.

This show is okay, I still think it's missing something. I'm going to keep watching it though. Something i find completely stupid though is why keep worrying about that r.v.? Lol. Why not just get a new one, or a big van? I understand a large vehicle is useful but they have so many better options then having to worry about a piece of crap r.v.

I can see your point about the RV but I think part of the reason they don't just find a new one is that it's Dale's last attachment to his wife. They were going to use that RV and road trip but then she got sick and died of cancer. It's also kinda convenient since it is a mobile house and can store a lot of things they need when camping out. The only thing that keeps busting on it is the radiator hose and that's pretty easily fixable.

Archived