Praise The Sun! Dark Souls II released today!

ThermoNukePanda

We must be the proud few! I am picking this up as well. Can't friggin wait! I loved Dark Souls 1 and been playing it alot lately.

I think I may go 360 simply because when holding triggers and buttons for extended periods it is more comfortable than the DS3. Who knows I might switch up last min since your on PS3 lol.

Sweet baby Jesus, the game is absolutely as difficult as I thought it would be, and I was completely lost last evening for quite awhile and getting frustrated hahaha!  I ended up re-rolling a character (I made a Knight at first, didn't pay attention to weapon durability, had my ONLY SWORD I could equip completely break, and you don't have access to the Blacksmith to repair weapons right away and have to quest a little so I was pretty fubar'd hahaha). 

I did find a decent spot to farm for some souls a little right near the beginning, but after wasting all that time with the first character and getting back to the same spot I had to go to bed. 

I freaking love me some Dark Souls.  Haven't gotten invaded yet though.  :D   I think I may go Blue Sentinels so I can be summoned into other people's worlds who get attacked and have them summoned into mine when it happens to me.  Not sure yet.

I was told dont get this...it will piss me off its so hard

Irish,

I won't lie to you.  The game is designed to be hard.  Difficult enough in some parts that it will sometimes feel like the developers created sections to actively troll you, and troll you HARD.

The game isn't impossible though.  It's a game of patience.  Running around like a madman is guaranteed to get you nowhere.  You'll need to take your time, learn the moves and attacks of your enemies, and react accordingly.  You'll need to dodge, block, parry and counterattack instead of blindly flailing your weapons.  There is no difficulty slider.

It's a satisfying RPG however.  You'll actually feel like you ACCOMPLISHED something when you get through sections and finally are able to beat that one boss you've been stuck on for days. 

So in the end should you get it?

No,  it's Dark Souls.

Yes,  it's Dark Souls. 

Ok feeling better now. Got a couple of bosses down in the Forest of Giants. I always pick Sorcerer but this time I went Knight and looking to develop into a Paladin type so I can cast Miracles and still beat the crap out of things in melee.

Haven't beaten any bosses yet, but I have been tooling around for awhile just trying to explore places some.  Got the ring that helps with your health dropping in hollow form (in Heide's flame tower), finally got the stamina regen boosting ring, got the blacksmith key, 2nd estus flask upgrade, fire longsword, and FINALLY great soul arrow spell (sucks only having one spell lol).

Watched my friend play this last night. Looks like they really wanted to push co-op in this one when it comes to bosses. I'm sure you could solo them, but it'd be a serious bitch. lol

I had an absolute hell of a time with a bunch of the bosses in the original Dark Souls also, especially ones like Ornstein and Smough duo.  BLAH!! 

Haven't had the chance to try to co-op in this one though, and I haven't even been invaded yet but I'm still kind of early on in the game and I have been running hollow (even though I know I can still be invaded while hollow supposedly).  I don't want to use up my effigies!

This game is so awesome. One of the best games I have ever played. The bosses remind me of raid bosses in WoW or something lol. I had to recruit help for the ones I took down. Like PK said the bosses are tough. You could solo it but it would be tough.

So yeah I have been summoning people like crazy and allowing them to summon me for help. I get tons of souls by helping others. I love grouping up. I have not been invaded yet and have spent most of my time human. I feel like I wasted some effigies already though but it was fun as hell!

@Chris I got everything on that list except that ring that helps with the health drop. I need to get that! I also need a chime so I can cast the heal miracle I just bought. I leveled up faith to use it, bought the spell only to realize I forgot I needed a chime to cast it lol.

This game literally has me losing sleep so I can play more. Can't wait to get home to continue my adventure. Never know whats around the next corner :)

Last night totally beat the Dragonrider boss

Seriously wasn't TOO hard.  He's easily beatable if you run in there, get up close and then circle strafe pretty much clockwise around him constantly in the middle.  Rolldodge his attacks as necessary while you're strafing and you can get in a few hits on him every time he attacks. 

Also beat some huge Giant boss after that

Also definitely easy-ish.  The key is to charge him and always run directly through his legs, slash at his ankles a couple times and then get the hell out of there before he stomps on ya.  Rinse and repeat.  Beat him first try

@Vector -   DEFINITELY get that ring!!!  If you don't know exactly where it is....

Heide's Flame Tower.  From the room with the three golem guards, head to the left.   There are two more golem guards there.  Go up the stairs past them, continue left and go to the last golem on the platform.  While it is possible to run past all the enemies, you MUST kill that last golem.  Killing him will bring up a lever which needs to be pulled, which then lowers the drawbridge.  Go up the drawbridge and the ring should be in a chest on your left before you go into the mist.  Be warned, if you do try to charge past all the enemies you'll need to pull off some fancy footwork and kill that last golem ASAP, and then dance around the golems to pull the lever (which takes a second so be careful) and then wait for the drawbridge to lower. 

I haven't summoned anyone yet, haven't been invaded, and spend most of my time hollow although before I went to bed I did use an effigy.  I think I have 10 of them at the moment after using one.  Have a +2 Sorcerer Staff and my Fire Longsword. 

I never even could play the first Dark Souls.  Maybe I'm just too impatient. 

Say this.... last game played on card is Dark Souls. 

:D  :D

And holy heck PK, I got to that part that you spoilered on the previous page.  Them bastards are friggin tough! 

Archived