GirlandtheSea26

Hello!

I am Kate and I like playing video games! I also enjoy reading, painting, listening to music, watching movies, t.v., and other pop culture things. In the time that I'm not playing video games or sitting in front of the television I am working on fixing up a 100 year old house! It's been a lot of work but the payoff of finishing it will be great!

I love getting to know people and would love some online friends to play video games with!!

Nice to meet everyone!! : :flirty:

Welcome!

Make yourself at home. We're all super friendly here and between all of us there's a good chance you'll find several who play gaems your interested in.

As far as heling fix the house...I dunno, you may be on your own with that one.

@dateranoth Thanks for the welcome! I mostly have been playing some minecraft and Skyrim but I just started playing Lord of the Rings Online and I love playing Killing Floor too!! I am always up for playing new video games though!

@avahra Thanks for the welcome too! I am most definitely sure I can find someone to play video games with here too! What have you been playing lately? Lol it's definitely been a learning experience with fixing up this house. Some crazy things were done to the house!

I've picked Skyrim back up recently. Had tons of hours in when I put it down, and I'm still putting more time into it. I use to play Minecraft, and we had a server going for a while, but I moved on from it. Looking forward to Borderlands 2 and Dishonored. Just finished Sleeping Dogs, and been sorta playing Guild Wars 2.

Heya, GnS (your new nickname btw)!

What kind of painting are you into?

Come the 18th, most of us will be online playing Borderlands 2. Some of us have Killing Floor, too. We used to play a lot of L4D 2, but gave it a small rest.

It's nice having you. I hope you end up enjoying it here, and we play a game or three some time.

Welcome to Gamercide, the best little forum this side of the .net,lol.

I play all kinds of games from Madden and Borderlands to Warcraft. Play mostly on 360 and PS3 though.

What kind of reading do you like? I like pretty much anything from Poe and Frost to Koontz or Goodkind. Trying my hand at writing too (chilhood dream), but thats taking longer than i'd like.

I hope you like it here, have fun.

@kevnvek ahhh Sleeping Dogs is pretty awesome! Definitely want to try Uncharted 3 soon!

@Dateranoth I just picked Skyrim back up too. What do you think of the new Hearthfire add on? I think it's pretty neat so far.

@Skylark95 Well, there's always next time! :D

@PeeKnuckle I paint with acrylic and mostly paint scenes. Do you paint? I am most definitely looking forward to Borderlands 2! We'll definitely have to play some games together!

@LGWyant I also like reading those authors! H.P. Lovecraft and Ray Bradbury are some of my other faves!! Good luck with writing!! If you're looking to submit something check out Larks Fiction Magazine! They will always take submissions!

@SIren thanks for the welcome! *Sprays air freshener*

@ThermoNukePanda Thanks for the welcome!! Can't wait to finish the house! It'll be done soon though!

I used to paint once upon a time. I got bored with sketching and tried my hand at painting for a bit. Tried it all pretty much, but never found a medium I was content with. The cost was also a factor for me as well. I was already living on Ramen back then, so buying canvases and paints were a luxury. I still have a few canvases that if you stripped them down... you'd find other paintings underneath.

Which platform will you be getting Borderlands 2 on? I'm getting it for PC. If you are as well, I'll add you on Steam.

That's cool, LG. I've been looking into writing as well. I'm starting to compile ideas for something in a note document on the computer, sort of a fantasy story thing. Only problem is, I don't know how to actually write out a story into book form or otherwise. The actual flow and styling, etc. I have quite a few setting/world/event ideas though, even if I haven't thought up characters.

What's your story about? Maybe we can share notes sometime. What I have is a very rough document of just writing down ideas as I come up with them.

Ooooo, an artist! :) Would love to see some of your work. Most of my doodlings lately have just been with my little Nintendo3DS and drawing a bunch of anime and cartoon stuff haha. I'm looking into getting a Wacom tablet or something to use on my PC in the future too.

@ girlandthesea26, just about everything except ero and western.... But i've thought of trying a westen lately. Most of the ones i've finished are not quite horror short stories. The novel i've been working on lately is a futuristic adventure epic spanning three generations and four to five books. I also have a graphic novel/ comic I have an idea for, but I suck at graphics. Couple game and app ideas once my books start selling and I can open my company.

@kev , sure if you want to compare notes sometime i've got some fantasy i'm working on too. Usually I start with a basic idea then make a couple outlines to build a roadmap of where i'm going. Once at that point I start writing, then revising and rewriting til it flows.

@PeeKnuckle Oh yeah! Art supplies can get expensive. That's cool that you tried your hand at a lot of the different mediums. I'm not brave enough to try other mediums yet. I'll probably get Borderlands for PC and perhaps later on for Xbox. We should definitely play together when it's out!

@ThermoNukePanda That sounds like fun doodling on the 3DS. I have a VT PenPad for the computer. The pad works nicely for being a lower end drawing tablet. That being said, it's perfect for me because I am by no means good at drawing on the computer and don't use it as heavily as someone who draws professionally (or better). You should check it out. I will definitely post some pics of my paintings. I usually just paint to relax and mix pretty colors lol.

@LGWyant those all sound like great ideas!! If you ever need someone for feedback on stories I would love to read them!!

Archived