Minecraft Glitching Out For Anyone Else?

Siren

I've been having some issues with this game and it's making me rethink my purchase. I looked at other Minecraft forums and others are experiencing the same things and different bugs. Water disappearing in holes where it shouldn't be and then you can still get water from the empty looking hole with your bucket if you use the left trigger to collect even though visably it's not there. Then the super fun one is when you are mining and you don't get anything from whatever you are mining. In my current world, I used the seed Bambi and I can't find any problems that people are reporting with that seed itself. I've restarted quite a few times and it's at the point to where I'm not wanting to play it anymore because I'll start building houses and a few barns for the animals to keep them in and then start digging out my mine and placing the carts and crap and I have to start over because of the issues with not getting anything after mining. Jason's also been having issues with getting "stuck" under the water and dying before he is out of air. Does the PC version have these issues or has anybody else here experienced any of this?

I'm not sure what language the Xbox version uses, but the PC one uses Java. Short answer -- PC has some issues, too. Usually just loading in chunks. So you'll have big holes for a second or two, where you can look under the world.

Oh yeah. Mods on PC, too. Really fun ones.

I've played upwards of 30 hours now on the Xbox. I have yet to come across any of the glitches I've read about. I play the PC version as well, it just depends on how I want to play. On Xbox, I feel like it's much more relaxed. But I have come across a few minor problems on PC.

• 3 weeks later...

My copy froze on me a few times while saving. Although I am not sure if that is a minecraft issue or just my xbox. Although I don't really tend to have too many problems with freezing from my xbox which tesnds to make me think ehte former. So yes. Problems. Cause now pieces of my map which I guess failed to save now cause my xbxo to freeze when I try to see those parts of the island. And it makes me sadface cause I have such an awesome treehouse going on here.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived