Top Gaming Disappointments of 2011

Gamercide

While most websites are getting together their top [enter random number here] gaming lists of 2011, I decided what better why to usher in a new year then to go over the list of disappointments from the gaming industry for the 2011 year.  I doubt anybody will learn from their mistakes, but hey this gamer can hope.  Right?

(May contain spoilers for games that you have not played yet.  You have been warned)

Saints%20Row%20The%20Third%20zombies.pngSaint’s Row: The Third

At the top of my list is Volition and THQ’s, Saint’s Row: The Third.  I waited so long for this as did many fans of the series and then once I got my wanna be gangsta hands on it I was left saying, “What the f*#% did I just play?”.  Between the high flying airplane escape scenes, to zombies, (seriously guys, WTF?) and Gat’s unemotional demise I was not only a tab bit disappointed and miffed, but also confused because there were times when I thought I was missing cutscenes that should have been there.  Also aiding in the disappointment department was the utterly short and not worth caring about campaign and the missing of stores, activities, and personalization options with your character regarding clothes, piercings and tattoos.  My only hope is that Volition and THQ take this step back and move two steps forward with the next Saint’s Row.

Modern%20Warfare%203%20Soap.jpg?m=132431Modern Warfare 3 Campaign

I was eager and extremely anxious to see how the current storyline in Modern Warfare was going to end up when Activision along with the multiple developers who worked on this title released Modern Warfare 3.  Unfortunately I expected too much, because in roughly 3 hours this storyline ended and I could have cared less.  Sure there was one huge moment when I felt a little tinge of sadness, but where was the intense and insane storyling that I come to love and expect from the Modern Warfare series?  Well here’s to hoping that with Modern Warfare 4 it is strictly handled by the hands over at Infinity Ward or else the other developers do their research a tad bit longer before releasing a disappointing campaign that uses the name, Modern Warfare.

Out of the Box Updates and DLC

There are several of you offenders out there this year and you better be listening.  2011 was the year for day one updates and DLC and I for one grew tired of it very fast.  There are no amount of excuses that you can come up with to change my frown around.  All we want to do on day one of a game release is buy the game, take off the fresh shiny wrapper, and play it.  I for one do not want to have to sit there waiting for an update to install and then have day one DLC that I need to purchase, because you know…you ”could not” fit it all in.  Bull crap.  I wish for 2012 to be a day one update and day one DLC free year, but sadly that is a “wish in one hand and poo in the other and see which one gets the fullest” thing.

Sony Got Hacked….Say What?!

Sony’s lack luster response to being hacked in early 2011 lands them here.  I do not think I need to say too much on this subject that was not already said, but note to Sony, next time your services are hacked and thousands of your customers private information is at stake, please be kind to let them know immediately.

The%20Edler%20Scrolls%20V%20Skyrim.jpg?mThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Before I have rotten tomatos thrown at me for even mentioning Skyrim in the same sentence of disappointment, here me out.  When the game first released there were texture issues on the Xbox 360 if the game was installed.  Then let’s not forget about the patch that broke the game and required another patch to fix it.

Xbox Live TV Service/Apps

Just when I thought I could finally ditch that lumpy cable box, because of Microsoft’s Xbox Live TV service announcement I was sadly mistaken.  While the lineup may sound great, the catches are not.  To use Verizon FIOS or Xfinity you have to be a current customer of either and an additional fee will be added to your bill.  Now how does that make sense?  In Microsoft’s mind it does, but unfortunately for those of us where either cable service isn’t an option we are SOL and the ones that do have an account for either brand, why would they pay an extra $80 a month for something that they can watch on their TV without having to listen to their Xbox sound like it is going to kick the bucket soon?  No thank you.

So there you have it, my list of gaming disappointments for the year of 2011.  Do you agree or do you have a list of your own gaming disappointments?  Sound off on our forums with what you think are the biggest disappointments of 2011.

View the full article

I'm predicting RAGE will go on sale soon, in which case I might get it. It's normal price is $30 now and it's discounted to $20 (33% off) at the moment. So if it goes in a daily deal it could drop even further to $15 (50% off, maybe would get) or $7.50 (75% off, definitely would get). /calculated

Yeah I'll probably wait for it to drop even lower. Ik u said it sucked but imo the other two sucked too but I still enjoyed them ahaha. I'm just looking for a fun game to pick up here and there ya know?

Thats blashphemy, sr2 was far from sucking. basically 3 is 1 with jets.

Archived