Changing of the Guard

Dateranoth

Hello everyone. I believe I have been around here long enough to not need any introduction, but I do believe a little explanation is in order. Spawn has officially stepped down as administrator of these forums and this site. His reasons are his own, and I will leave it up to him to share them. He has done so much for this site that there aren't enough to words to thank him. He has handed the reigns over to me, and I will do everything in my power to keep things running well. Spawns help will be greatly missed, but at least we will still have his company. I am honored to take the burden off his shoulders and give him a chance to just enjoy this place instead of constantly worrying over it.

As you can see I have already implemented a few changes. I renewed our license to IPBoard and upgraded the Forums to the latest version. This unfortunately left our old skin with too many problems to implement immediately. So, I opted for a change and went with a similar design with a twist.

In the top right of the forum is a small color palette selector. Simply change the accent colors to something you enjoy and it will be saved for your next visit. This way we all can personalize this place a little more. I hope you enjoy the option.

Also, the upgrade removed the option to have both a profile picture and a forum picture. Losing most of our Xbox Signatures. However, feel free to change it to whatever you like. There are no restrictions as long as you keep it clean.

There will be more changes and improvements to come, and all I ask is your continued support. Let us come together and see if we can continue to grow what Spawn was so kind to give us.

This will be pinned, but feel free to PM me, email me, or reply here with any questions.

Huh, this is somewhat unexpected. You did great keeping this place together, Spawn, and I know you'll do pretty great too now, Dat. I kinda like the changes so far. I didn't at first last night when I came here because it defaulted to a white forum, but when I came today it went back to a dark gray color scheme.

Really appreciate the work both of you guys put into the site. Gamercide is my goto place on the internet lol, place is like home.

An update on Gamertags. The new forum currently doesn't support linking to changing files for the avatar. For now, if you wish to have a Gamertag you can place it in your signature. If enough people want their avatar to be their gamertag I will do my best to make it possible again.

I personally don't really use my Xbox so much anymore and don't mind not having it as my profile pic, but maybe we could have a way to add links to/names of our accounts under our username/avatar/etc., like yours. I don't know how to add those. But it would be nice to put links to the Steam Community pages, Xbox.com page, and whatever page PS3 uses for my accounts there if it's somewhere in the options.

Under Contact Settings in the General Account Settings page? Because I see MSN, Skype, etc. boxes there, but no Steam. Also, is there any way to make the post box remember a default color now that the forum is updated? The one I'm using is in the expanded drop down window now, since the first blues shown are too bright or dark.

Thank you everyone! I can't say it enough for you all sticking with me through the growing pains we had in the beginning and through the changes that were made after that. Through all the unpopular decisions, petty fighting, and bickering; thank you. Through the upgrades that nobody saw and the downtime that everyone saw, I say again, thank you. I know it seems a sudden change to most and maybe even somewhat surprising, but to those who I talk with frequently (You know who you are.) you knew this was coming. I'd never done anything like this before and honestly never thought that I would. It was great fun and a ton of late nights, but I wouldn't change it for the world. However, it was and is time for me to make my exit. I'll be here to help when needed. I'll still write articles and reviews for the site and post in the forum when I can. I feel I am leaving this place, that I truly do love, in extremely capable hands. I also want to publicly tell Dat and PK that I love you both. I'll end this overly sentimental and mushy post the same way that I started, THANK YOU!

Archived