Dead Island Gameplay Impressions

PeeKnuckle

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this game for the most part. It is open in a way that you can just smash n bash or you can go from quest to quest. More fun with other people makes some frustrating parts not quite so bad. I've put a good 20+ hours into it and still am having fun. Only thing I don't like is sometimes when you spawn after dieing it puts you right in front of enemies so you die almost everytime again or if you're with others and haven't chosen the same quest as them it will spawn you way far away from them! Other than that it is a fun game if you like doing lots of quests and collecting.

Danielle!! You joined! Yay =D

:welcomespin:

I saw something similar to that last night in a cutscene (PC version). I'm pretty sure Dat saw it too (we were co-oping), so thankfully it's probably not an overheating graphics card or something. In one of the cutscenes, all of the background, like the sky and most objects past a certain point, were missing. Instead there was a blackness that made streaking blueish afterimages of whatever crossed in front of it, like when your computer is hanging up and you drag a window around, and it leaves trails. It was freaky looking. It was probably what the game would actually look like all the time if Satan and a 14 year old girl were actually co-oping the game, and not just Dat and I using voice modulators. lol

Yeah I'm here. Yay! :) Yeah It's hilarious playing with Kitty and Little, all I have to do is be like 'wow, do you guys hear that breathing? It sounds like it's RIGHT BEHIND YOU' and they start sprinting and they squeal *LOL* it's awesome. The only thing that really freaks me out is the Rams!!! I HATE being charged, and i hate it even more when they're chasing you and you can hear their footsteps behind you!! That....and I really don't like the sewers either...*shudder* too dark and enclosed for me! And for those talking about Gears, it is going to be....DA bomb. And I will enjoy killing zombies with my lancer when I use the chainsaw :blam: And ya know, running around bashing in zombie heads and shooting them with my shotgun AND running them over with my car makes me happy :headbang: and it's an AWESOME way to get rid of stress. Plus it's just funny.

When you unleash your fury, you go into a rage for a short amount of time. Depending on your character, you'll do different things. Sam B turns blue and has unstoppable melee punches (I think), and Purna whips out a pistol from out of no where, and shoots down all around her. Not sure about the others.

Have you unlocked curbstomp or whatever it is? It's faster killing them that way, than it is with weapons.

Not if you have badass electric machetes and wakizashis, and do double damage when you jump around like a noob, plus another sixty percent if you're behind an enemy lol. 15ish percent crit chance too, and another 10 when the enemy is below half health. Xian is very powerful, but I really wish there was a way to improve your health and damage resistance. You always die in only a few hits, even from normal enemies.

I do love the level 2 curb stomp though. One on one it's a quick way to kill an enemy without wearing down any weapons.

This game is something you have to like just running from quest to quest killing things and trying to level your stuff up. And collecting! Tons of that (recordings were my fave) but coop is definitely more exciting usually than single player.

To actually enjoy the game you have to keep doing quests. I tried to just run around and kill stuff and got bored within the hour. The only part I'm mad at is I beat the game missing 2 parts of the island and I can't figure out wth I missed!!

This game is something you have to like just running from quest to quest killing things and trying to level your stuff up. And collecting! Tons of that (recordings were my fave) but coop is definitely more exciting usually than single player.

To actually enjoy the game you have to keep doing quests. I tried to just run around and kill stuff and got bored within the hour. The only part I'm mad at is I beat the game missing 2 parts of the island and I can't figure out wth I missed!!

I was doing quest the entire time and it bored me.

Nope, I found them :yahoo: I was playing with a couple of my girls and we were exploring the jungle and we were looking at the map and waaaayyyy up at the top in the green 'unexplored' area I could see like 4 white boxes (they were tents) and across the way I could see what looked like 2 towns. It was the two towns we missed. We also found a semi cool hidden gem while up at the top of the map. Theres a bridge with a lady hiding under a jeep. If you go down the hill right before you hit the bridge (right side) you'll see like a house and there's some bodies crucified around the yard. Well there was this dude down there and 3 zombies were on him so I was like 'hey we better help him' when I got closer he broke away from the zombie and ran after me!! He was laughing like crazy and saying stuff like 'brrrraaaaiiinns'. Lo and behold it is Jason Vorhees!!! When we killed him (watch out he kills you in one hit OW) and went into his house, we got a chainsaw!!! Yeah baby!! Only 2 things suck about it. We only got one, so we were nice and shared our shiny toy, and you cannot repair it. But I still have it now and it's not broke yet so it's pretty resilient.

Archived