Quick survey

PeeKnuckle

Came across a tidbit of America's early history last night. Something that I had never heard of, and was never taught in school. This is why I'm making this post. I want to see if any of us, no matter what age (wider the range the better), knew about it before reading this thread.

Please reply in this thread, if you have heard of the "Culper Ring" or were taught about it in school. Don't google it beforehand. If you were taught this in school, it'd more than likely still be in your memory. It's that bad ass.

Thank you.

I havent heard about it before. And I havent googled it whats the story?

The best way to explain it, without typing up a whole crap ton of stuff, is to just watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Atd23KzyE

Revolutionary bad asses. Took down Benedict Arnold before he sold away West Point, our final stronghold before British controlled New York. A woman Culper may have done it, too. Civilian women were used, and the British never suspected them of it, because women weren't supposed to have any sort of political thinking or ties. Turned their old world ideas against them, and it totally worked. lol

I've never heard of it, though we don't learn about America, unless you do certain subjects, even then only a little bit between the wars.

I agree about the history we are taught in school, though. Just know am I branching out and getting things myself, and there is a lot that we just walked by at school. Im a little homo for history.

Archived