Halo CE Remake Announced

Gamercide

haloce_1_2008-04-14_01-07-38-24.jpgFans of Master Chief prepare to get your pants wet with sheer excitement.  A remake of the game that put Halo on the path to taking over the world is officially being remade for the Xbox 360 and will be releasing on November 15, 2011 which happens to be exactly ten years since the release of the original.

Saber Interactive who is responsible for Time Shift,  is taking over the reigns of the remake.  Halo CE will be getting a full visual overhaul supporting 1080p and 3D televisions as well as new art assets will be added.  It has also been announced that Halo CE will not be a product of the Reach engine.

No other major details have been released since the announcement.

via Joystiq

View the full article

Let's just say I'm 19 now, will be 20 by the time game comes out if it really does come this year. Just put that into perspective.

Although, I never was a big halo 1 guy, Im pretty interested in this although gears 3 will be number 1 this holiday season in my eyes.

TimeShift wasn't that bad at all. Could have used a better story and some more polish, but it had some good game mechanics with the time travel. Doesn't matter what the studio it is though, I'd only ever want Bungie to remake their own older Halo titles (and I'd rather they focus on new projects anyways, as I don't see them needing remakes), so yeah.

And I believe I was 11 when Halo 1 came out, but I didn't really play 1 or 2 until a few years later.

Hopefully it's nothing more then a paint job.

Yeah, really hope it's a Perfect Dark like remake, with just better graphics and up to date functionality(online), and specifically for online, NO MATCHMAKING. It's what's always drove me away from the Halo games, after loving Halo CE' PC port.

Does anybody else find this as an alarming trend? Re-making/Updating of old games just to cash in on their popularity. I've even fallen victim to this with the Sly Cooper Collection and the upcoming Ico/Shadow of the Collossus re-makes on the PS3. I dunno, just seems wrong to me. Are there no more original ideas for these companies to throw money at?

Archived