Music Buddy

SycoYAFF

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironic you post that because I've been meaning to check out Yes, Genesis, Camel, King Crimson and more 70's prog. Haven't heard it before, I'll check it out now. For you I know you have a liking for Alternative Rock so I'll rec you this:

third_eye_blind_self_titled.jpg

Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind. 3EB's self titled is probably my favorite album of all time, riddled with recognizable singles but the non-singles are truly the gems; good 90's alt rock.

EDIT: Also, another band you should really check out if you like Tool and Alt Rock and Prog. that I think you'd love is Porcupine Tree. In Absentia is a great place to start...

Alright Vocals, I listened to Triumph earlier, and I have to say, they were pretty interesting. It's nothing I would really listen to out of my own will, but I did think it was pretty alright.. I'm not usually into this type of Rock so I don't really see myself listening to it too much. Just isn't my taste.  My favorite track though has to be the first one.

Wasn't to big a fan of the album, didn't care for the first 4 songs, but I did kinda like "Graduate", 'How It's Going to Be", and 'Thanks a Lot". The lost 2 songs weren't bad either. Semi Charmied Life was totally one of those "I totally know this song but never knew who made it" moments, but I was never a big fan of it.

Well Inferno, I was thinking of recommending Hybrid's first album, Wider Angle, but I've honestly not listened to about half of the songs, they're all around 8 minutes long, and there's just one song that I really love, called Finished Symphony (just Finished Symphony, not Finished Symphony (Live) or any of the remixes of it, just the original from that album (I don't really like most of the remixes)). So I guess if it counts I'll recommend just that one song, and as the actual album recommendation:

ScottPilgrim_VideogameOST.jpg

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - Original Soundtrack by Anamanaguchi.

The game features some really awesome synthesized beats reminiscent of some of the best tunes of old school gaming. I'm sure Syc will support this recommendation. ;)

Well Inferno, I was thinking of recommending Hybrid's first album, Wider Angle, but I've honestly not listened to about half of the songs, they're all around 8 minutes long, and there's just one song that I really love, called Finished Symphony (just Finished Symphony, not Finished Symphony (Live) or any of the remixes of it, just the original from that album (I don't really like most of the remixes)).  So I guess if it counts I'll recommend just that one song, and as the actual album recommendation:

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World:  The Game - Original Soundtrack by Anamanaguchi.

The game features some really awesome synthesized beats reminiscent of some of the best tunes of old school gaming.  I'm sure Syc will support this recommendation. ;)

Maaaaaaaaaan, that album was damn amazing.

I don't really know what to say about this, i could see this being really good for the game, especially on loop because the songs dont have an "ending" they just sorta fade out. My friend would absolutely love it and ill pass it on to him, but truthfully i probably wouldnt listen to these when im just listening to music but i still added it to my iTunes for my next gaming "marathon".

Yeah it's not for everyone, but if you're into 8-bit or synthesized music, it's great. I'm planning on playing your EP in Beat Hazard tonight, and am probably going to stream it.

Half a year ago i was really into techno synth stuff, but listened to it way too much and ended up getting sick of it, and id love to watch if its not too late, gotta get up extra early tomorrow.

I'll get back into the mix:

** As a side note, this is intended for you to recommend music other users should enjoy based upon their taste in music. So, ask your partner what they're in the mood for or a list of some of their favorite albums/artists as a starting point for you to pick something (last.fm accounts, as aforementioned, are great starts as well).

%5BEmoticon%5D%20Beer%20Asd.gif

I'll get back into the mix:

** As a side note, this is intended for you to recommend music other users should enjoy based upon their taste in music. So, ask your partner what they're in the mood for or a list of some of their favorite albums/artists as a starting point for you to pick something (last.fm accounts, as aforementioned, are great starts as well).

%5BEmoticon%5D%20Beer%20Asd.gif

Honestly I'd prefer it be something that the other person thinks you should listen to because they think it's good. So they can recommend something you otherwise wouldn't have listened to.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, sorry for the absence. Looks like I'll be starting it up again. So I just scanned through the last page real quick to see who was done and what not, and made new pairs.

Timber King, you are with me. Vocals hasn't responded yet, so I'll just assume he listened to my recommendation.

AudaciousKevin, you are with LGWyant.

InfernoParadox, you'll just have to wait a bit man. Somebody will come along soon enough.

Archived