Music Buddy

SycoYAFF

So, with recent discussion about it, I figure it'd be cool to start up another music buddy thread. The last time we tried this it started out strong, but slowly people started losing interest. Let's try to get this one more active.

If you don't know what "Music Buddy" is, it's a "program" of sorts, where you are partnered up with someone and you recommend one album with them and vice versa. The ultimate goal of this thread is to help broaden the music tastes of people, and possibly make them realize a new genre of music that they like.

The way you would get partnered up is whoever posts after you post. For example: I would sign up, and then Peeknuckle would post next so we would become partners. The person that posts after Peeknuckle will have to wait for someone else to post, and so on. Whenever you finish the album, try to give a short description (or long, if you want to) about the album/if you liked it or not. All that good stuff.

However you go about acquiring the music is your own business. Have fun guys! I'll be the first to sign up.

Current Partner List:

SycoYAFF and Timber King

Peeknuckle and Panfoot

InfernoParadox and Chinese Baboon

*Once you have found a partner you will be added to the list.

Looking for Partners:

LGWyant

Whenever the two partners have confirmed that they have listened to each others music, you will be put into the "Looking for Partners" section.

Last.fm

SycoYAFF Last.fm

Timber King's Last.fm

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, never heard of them. Which album would you recommend?

For you CB, I have a band called The Protomen (If you haven't heard of them). They are a "Rock Opera" which tells the story of Megaman. I personally love them. Very vocal oriented.

The Protomen - Act 2: The Father of Death

PROTOCD102-ZOOM.jpg

Note: Even though this is the second album in a rather story-driven set of music, this is the prequel to the first act. So if you do like this album, you should definitely check out the first album as well. Also, the best possible/ideal way to listen to this album is to read the lyrics along with it. The lyrics contain background information and each song, and really let you understand what is going on.

http://lyrics.wikia.com/The_Protomen#Act_II:_The_Father_of_Death_.282009.29

Sweet, getting it now. For you I recommend Brand New's "The Devil and God Raging Inside Me".

1166656771.jpg

I'm an active member on Sputnikmusic.com and this is arguably the highest ranked and most influencial album of the decade other then maybe Opeth's Blackwater Park, Converge's Jane Doe and GY!BE. Album is truly an experience. They are traditionally a pop-punk band in the line of Taking Back Sunday.

ALSO: A recommendation for every member here at Gamercide, Powerglove.

Powerg.jpgPowerglove_-_Saturday_Morning_Apocalypse_artwork-300x298.jpg

Band has released 2 albums, "Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man" and "Saturday Morning Apocalypse". They are a Metal band but their first album is Video Game music and their second is Saturday Morning Cartoon show theme songs. Band is great talent and each album bring a load of fond memories back.

Alright CB. So I listened to Brand New today. I have to say, I loved them. They were amazing and totally not was I was expecting. My favorite song has to be Limousine (MS Rebridge) . It was a perfect balance of soothing and hard for me. Very good recommendation CB. I enjoyed it a lot.

I listened through the Protomen album and I enjoyed it. Not much of a Rock Opera guy and I thought it was a little repetitive and could have fleshed out some more melody but otherwise a solid release. Favorite song was probably Light up the Night. Too many good songs off of that Brand New album for me to pick, Jesse Lacey is a lyrical genius and expresses so much emotion when he sings.

Yeah, Light up the Night happens to be a lot of people's favorite song. My favorite song on the album was either Breaking Out or The Hounds. Act 1 has a totally different sound. I personally like Act 1 as well.

Alright, so whoever posts next will be CB's partner if he wants one. Then after CB the other person to post will be my partner.

Archived