Music Buddy

SycoYAFF

Mike Patton's Mondo Cane

Im going to start off saying I probally would of liked it better if I understood Italian or he spoke english, But if your into the smooth sounding type of music and dont mind the Italian lyrics its a nice album to listen to, if your really into classical music and again, if you dont mind the Italian I would definitley recommend it, but for people like me, who cant stand the sad smooth sounded type of singing and hates classic music I wouldnt recommend this at all, I absolutely hated this and I dont see myself listening to any Mike Patton until he goes to a different type of genre and sings in English.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alrighty Kev, you said you listen to LP or Disturbed so I'm gonna run with that and rec you one of my most embarrassing but awesome records I still enjoy...

chocolate-starfish-and-the-hot-dog-flavored-water.jpg

Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water. This should be fun and let out your angsty teenage emotions.

I hate rap, and don't have angsty teenage emotions (I'm mostly quite mellow lol), but I'll check it out.

For you I recommend The Black Mages:

cover_484091422006.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....The_Black_Mages

They're a Japanese band that does rock versions of Final Fantasy music. They have 3 albums, but I'd probably recommend the first or second. I was going to recommend something like the No More Heroes 2 or Chrono Cross OST (beautiful), but figured it would be easier if I did an actual band.

I just thought of a great way to make this fun. I'll play all of the songs/albums that are recommended to me in Beat Hazard! As long as I don't play on Insane or Suicidal I should for sure be able to play through any of the songs. And I guess I'll turn off the sound effects so I'll still hear the normal songs.

Overall I think I enjoyed that album. Some tracks I hated because the singer was too high pitched/too much studio modification (basically the first half of the album), but the rest of the songs were pretty cool. They were good material for Beat Hazard. That last song was torture though, but I managed to beat it. It's like all talking, then for about three minutes it loops this annoying laugh. It was horrible. lol

Definitely better than I was expecting based on the annoying (imo) singer and bizarre title. As with most music, the instrumentals were my favorite part. I pretty much hated the lyrics for most of the songs. lol

I guess I'll stick with this Music Buddy program. Playing them in Beat Hazard works great.

Haha, most people hate LB but I liked them back in the day and they bring back memories to me and Wes is a great guitarist. Listened to your rec and while I'm not all familiar with Fianl Fantasy music I enjoyed, was listening to it while doing some HW and it worked pretty well. Force Your Way and Those Who Fight Further stood out the most.

Haha, most people hate LB but I liked them back in the day and they bring back memories to me and Wes is a great guitarist. Listened to your rec and while I'm not all familiar with Fianl Fantasy music I enjoyed, was listening to it while doing some HW and it worked pretty well. Force Your Way and Those Who Fight Further stood out the most.

Yeah, same for me. 2 Dollar bill was good, that's about it for me. Borland is awesome.

Vocals. I listened to two songs by Kanye and that was all. Not my thing, plus, I just can't stand the guy. He's a taint to the music industry and I wish someone would hurry up and drop him a few pegs down from his self constructed pedestal.

Also, Mike Patton has been in more bands than you have underwear. lol He sings plenty of music in English. He also sings in Portugese, German and a few other languages. For him to be able to sing works by Ennio Morricone in their original language... I think is divine. He is my music God. If we get partnered up again, I'll give you some English stuff of his (rock). =]

Archived