Fallout: New Vegas

Twiztid Rose

Ok, so we have to have a Fallout New Vegas thread!! I figured we were all going to need some help at one point or another, and what better place. If you have a tip or something you discovered or read about, share here! Of course shoot those questions too!!! =) TALK...

I have one little thing to ask... Has anyone figured out the rhyme or reason to computer hacking yet??? It just doesn't make sense and never adds up! I go through and pick 3 words, and then start going through to remove the duds and resetting the allowance. I write down the words I select and they never make sense. It'll say like 0/7 letters were correct, but if you go through all the letters, SOME of those letters had to be correct. I figured it out in Fallout 3, but cant make sense of it now...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showstopping? How about hilarious, like the Doc's head spinning uncontrollably in circles. You can go to the Crappytaco website if you want to see the vid, but I'll post a few pics. LoL

500xhead1.jpg

500xhead2.jpg

500xhead3.jpg

I'm going to install to HDD and hope it clears up some of the frame rate issues and loading times, although I'm dreading running into the "unable to level up" glitch and or the deletion of ALL my saves except for quick/auto saves.

Tips & Tricks?

The most important one at this point is this:

WAIT TILL THE PATCH.

It's crazy how sloppy it is and how it crashes. Has it froze on you at all yet Rose?

That's really odd this game wouldn't have been cleaned up better. I know things can happen at companies that we as consumers wouldn't know about but I figured Bethesda would have been watching these guys closer.

That's really odd this game wouldn't have been cleaned up better. I know things can happen at companies that we as consumers wouldn't know about but I figured Bethesda would have been watching these guys closer.

And see the thing is, I let Coy play it first. She had mega issues as I described above and turned it off and said she wouldn't even try it again until they patched it.

Me on the other hand, decided to try it myself after it deleted her saves. Made a character and had no problems for an hour or two before I messed something up (punched one of those cow things in town and a townsperson didn't like it and started shooting me). I didn't feel like reloading and went to bed, but Coy was pissed that I played and no freezing. LoL

Ah well, we're see what happens! Game still needs to be patched though, but its playable if you don't get frustrated easily.

I have a huge back log on games .. plus I'm still playing Fallout 3. So I'm not in any rush to get this one yet and likely wont play it for a long time. I really hate this trend of "we'll fix it with a patch" .. I'd rather a game be late than sub par and have to wait for patches.

I have a huge back log on games .. plus I'm still playing Fallout 3. So I'm not in any rush to get this one yet and likely wont play it for a long time. I really hate this trend of "we'll fix it with a patch" .. I'd rather a game be late than sub par and have to wait for patches.

You have a back log on games? YOU, have a back log on games!?

*takes a look over his shoulder and sighs*

You have no idea Kev. LoL

Any open world game, suffers these problems. It's not the same as a linear game, where things are under close control/tight scripts. There are many wild cards that can wreak havoc. I always give any open world game, plenty of time to fix their bugs. Morrowind, one of the most popular open world RPG's, had numerous patches over the years, until Bethesda finally let it go to focus on other games. Even when they did move on, they still had a small team working on the PC versions. They also often took cues from the modding community, and often pointed customers, in their own forums, to modding sites that had carried on the torch.

The patch should be out for it on the 360 now.

Yeah, people are reporting patches being downloaded. Not sure EXACTLY what it fixes, but supposedly the game save issues and DLC issues. *shrugs*

Until it's confirmed, DO NOT TRY TO MOD YOUR DLC WEAPONS!!! It makes the game go crazy.

Any open world game, suffers these problems. It's not the same as a linear game, where things are under close control/tight scripts. There are many wild cards that can wreak havoc. I always give any open world game, plenty of time to fix their bugs. Morrowind, one of the most popular open world RPG's, had numerous patches over the years, until Bethesda finally let it go to focus on other games. Even when they did move on, they still had a small team working on the PC versions. They also often took cues from the modding community, and often pointed customers, in their own forums, to modding sites that had carried on the torch.

I feel the same way about games this size (especially the ones from Bethesda) and have no problem cutting them and the development team some slack. I was never a PC gamer and didn't play Fallout 3 until the game of the year addition came out so I really don't know what it's like to pick up a new title and have to wait for patches to fix the bugs.

I just figured given the popularity of the series, following in Fallout 3's footsteps, and Bethesda being a part of it (for what ever roll they played) would have been a lot more diligent with this title making sure it was the best it could possibly before it was shipped.

I wish I could say the whole it's a big game thing so it's bound to have bugs, but this game has A LOT of bugs. It's not even bigger that much bigger then DC, if bigger at all. Obsidian ****** up Kotor 2 and I knew for some reason they were going to do something to tick me off. I've only froze once but this game is just messy. It will be amazing once they fix everything but I'm like most people I really can't believe they released it already.

It's not even bigger that much bigger then DC, if bigger at all. .

You know, I was thinking that exact same thing while looking at the map. The gameworld DEFINITELY seems smaller, especially without the huge underground tunnel systems of DC. (which I didn't mind but a lot of people complained about the confusing-ness of it)

It's crazy how sloppy it is and how it crashes. Has it froze on you at all yet Rose?

Ya know, it has tried to freeze up a few times, but it seems to unstick itself so far. Definately haven't seen any spinning heads, LOL. I've had some really bad headaches lately, so my main problem is wanting to play a game (any game) at all. But what I have played, so far, knock on wood, has been relatively glitch free.

Did anyone else take the one trait or w/e that can make odd things happen in the world? Not sure what it was called... It says something like "not for serious types" or w/e.

Any ideas on those damn computer hacks?

Ya know, it has tried to freeze up a few times, but it seems to unstick itself so far. Definately haven't seen any spinning heads, LOL. I've had some really bad headaches lately, so my main problem is wanting to play a game (any game) at all. But what I have played, so far, knock on wood, has been relatively glitch free.

Did anyone else take the one trait or w/e that can make odd things happen in the world? Not sure what it was called... It says something like "not for serious types" or w/e.

Any ideas on those damn computer hacks?

Computer hacking is the exact same as in Fallout 3. Exactly. You need to figure out which word matches up. For instance, say there are a bunch of words and you pick the below two and it tells you on both you have 4 out of 7 correct, you can assume it's the E in the second place and the ING at the end.

MEANING

SEEKING

GRRR!!! :banghead: I am totally f'in annoyed. I just get done saying that I didnt really have any issues.... bam!! I get on, get the update and my game is fckd! Its unplayable now! It hasn't deleted my saves... yet, but it freezes constantly now. Ok, so I figure I'll clean my cache and get rid of that update, thinking I had no problems until it downloaded. So I load back up the game, and guess what??? I have to be on fckin line to use my DLC (the pack I got from Gamestop preorder)! I will be frickin naked if I don't use it, and I'm worried it will screw up my DLC without using it. So ****, redownloaded the update, and reloaded the game. Nada, got just a little ways, and bam, fckr freezes again!!!! I am so pissed, my head feels a little better and wanna play dammit, and can't. I am in the process of downloading to the HDD and see if that helps, but I somehow doubt it. BULLSHIT!

Computer hacking is the exact same as in Fallout 3. Exactly. You need to figure out which word matches up. For instance, say there are a bunch of words and you pick the below two and it tells you on both you have 4 out of 7 correct, you can assume it's the E in the second place and the ING at the end.

MEANING

SEEKING

Thats exactly what I assumed it would be like. But it doesn't seem that way to me, idk, maybe its just the damn headaches I've had making it seem so screwed up. Headaches+thinking= Idiot lol

EDIT: IDK what happened to my post. It didn't post all I typed the first time, trying it again....

I have found out that alot of ppl are/were having the same issue as I was/am. Which is my game kept freezing when trying to fast travel from Nipton, and when I started just walking then it would freeze everytime I tried to use VATS. So I went on the hunt online, and found this in one thread:

Workaround 1:

1) Clear your system cache to delete the patch.

2) Start Fallout and make sure you select NO when it asks you to update (stay signed out).

3) Load up a save, fast travel or walk to a different location (ex. Primm), and then create a fresh save.

4) Exit to the dashboard, sign in to Live, and start Fallout.

5) Download the update and load up the fresh save.

It seems to have worked for now. I was able to fast travel, and once I reloaded the game and all the VATS was working fine. So we'll see. I hope they fiz this crap soon....

Archived