Fallout: New Vegas

Twiztid Rose

Good luck Rose. I haven't loaded up my game yet since the new update and since I got a new game, but since I'm not that far I may try to just start fresh to avoid issues. *shrugs*

I haven't had any more problems yet. I'm also going to stay away from the "Come fly with me" quest. I think thats the one that everyone says they lose all their saves on.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had any more problems yet. I'm also going to stay away from the "Come fly with me" quest. I think thats the one that everyone says they lose all their saves on.

It is. Its been confirmed if you pick the Space Suit up off the shelf, and put it in your inventory, there is a 80% chance your saves will become corrupt. So, if you do decide to do the quest, be sure not to pick it up.

I just played the game for the past 24 hours straight. I'm mindblown again by the masterpiece that is Fallout.

Obsidian are the developers. There are frenzies of people blaming Bethesda for the problems, when it was Obsidian that gave Beth the OK to ship their game because they thought it was complete. I also heard rumour that Obsidian is a terrible developer, though I don't see why. They have the same people who worked on Fallout 1 & 2, which were better than any Fallout game will ever be in the future (original baby yeah). So I dunno. There's a lot of glitches and loading time issues, mission incongruencies. Graphical errors, you name it, Fallout NV's got it. I still love the game though, and am obsessed with it completely (I've already reached level 21, and I think I'll be maxed out by tomorrow at midnight.)

It is. Its been confirmed if you pick the Space Suit up off the shelf, and put it in your inventory, there is a 80% chance your saves will become corrupt. So, if you do decide to do the quest, be sure not to pick it up.

OH CRAP REALLY!?!?!

LoL I wish I read this sooner. I just completed the Come Fly With Me quest with no problems and I've been running around wearing that kickass Space Suit and helmet. I reeaaaalllllyyyy hope I don't run into a problem. :( THat would suck.

On a side note, has anyone gotten their own house yet? I was so sick of not having a place to horde my stuff that I finally just took over the abandoned Gas Station in Goodsprings (the one Ringo was in).

On a side note, has anyone gotten their own house yet? I was so sick of not having a place to horde my stuff that I finally just took over the abandoned Gas Station in Goodsprings (the one Ringo was in).

Semi Spoiler -

Continue playing the main quest, and once you make it into New Vegas, Mr. House will want to speak with you. Simply go talk to him, and you will get access to your own private Suite.

As for your saves, you may be okay, Chris. Its not 100% guaranteed it will corrupt it, but its been known to affect it heavily.

I REALLY hope my saves don't get corrupted. Although I am thinking about reloading a little while back anyways.

Apparently it glitched (I read it was a glitch), and that Nightkin leader dude Davison attacked me even though I went and found out about the StealthBoys. I just walked back to him and BAM, he attacks me for no reason. It was weird. I just rolled with it and went back upstairs and helped the ghouls.

That's not the reason I want to reload though. I did the HELIOS One thing and didn't get the Archimedes weapon. I just re-routed power. *shrugs* I wantz the Satellite Gun!!!!!

I just played the game for the past 24 hours straight. I'm mindblown again by the masterpiece that is Fallout.

Obsidian are the developers. There are frenzies of people blaming Bethesda for the problems, when it was Obsidian that gave Beth the OK to ship their game because they thought it was complete. I also heard rumour that Obsidian is a terrible developer, though I don't see why. They have the same people who worked on Fallout 1 & 2, which were better than any Fallout game will ever be in the future (original baby yeah). So I dunno. There's a lot of glitches and loading time issues, mission incongruencies. Graphical errors, you name it, Fallout NV's got it. I still love the game though, and am obsessed with it completely (I've already reached level 21, and I think I'll be maxed out by tomorrow at midnight.)

Yea I posted earlier that Obsidian pretty much sucks it up. Same situation that is happening now happened y ears ago, Bioware made Kotor, Obsidian made Kotor 2 and it was terrible, buggy and incomplete.

Yea I posted earlier that Obsidian pretty much sucks it up. Same situation that is happening now happened y ears ago, Bioware made Kotor, Obsidian made Kotor 2 and it was terrible, buggy and incomplete.

I can't knock Obsidian TOO much. Sure, New Vegas is a bit buggy but honestly I REALLY enjoyed Alpha Protocol (despite the crap reviews). It was an awesome game in my opinion.

Okay and here is something I would like to ask, I don't get a lot of things in the game, I don't know how to mod a gun, I don't know what all the ammo cases are for, I don't know what reloading benches are. I would especially like to know how to mod weapons I really didn't even kjnow until like 20 hours in, but I still haven't done much main storyline.

Modding weapons is simple. Open up your PipBoy. See in the top right where it has buttons to equip and repair and stuff? I think RB is to Mod your weapon. You just need to have the right things to attach to various guns (a lot can be bought from places).

I have an extended mag on my badass 10mm handgun. *thumbs up*

Ammo cases can be used to "create" ammo at reloading benches.

Reloading benches can also be used to disassemble ammo.

You can also "rent' a room at the motel in Novac for 100 caps. She says you can stay as long as you like, or until the busy season comes. I've had my crap there for awhile now.

You can also "rent' a room at the motel in Novac for 100 caps. She says you can stay as long as you like, or until the busy season comes. I've had my crap there for awhile now.

Pfffft! I'm not spending my loot on a crappy hotel room. I'd rather hole up in a rundown and abandoned gas station. LoL

Apparently it glitched (I read it was a glitch), and that Nightkin leader dude Davison attacked me even though I went and found out about the StealthBoys. I just walked back to him and BAM, he attacks me for no reason. It was weird. I just rolled with it and went back upstairs and helped the ghouls.

Did you mess with Antler? If you even touch it, he'll attack you. I think even if you badmouth Antler, he'll attack. He's very sensitive about his skull buddy. lol

Actually rose if you complete a quest for the sniper then go talk to either the ranger or the guy running the gift shop can't remember which he gives you the key and it's yours from then on.

Spoiler!!

They give you the key because she is the one who sent Brooks wife away to the slavers. You help Brooks and the safe house is yours and he will off the come along with you. And he is bad *** too, one shot kills.

Modding weapons is simple. Open up your PipBoy. See in the top right where it has buttons to equip and repair and stuff? I think RB is to Mod your weapon. You just need to have the right things to attach to various guns (a lot can be bought from places).

I have an extended mag on my badass 10mm handgun. *thumbs up*

Ammo cases can be used to "create" ammo at reloading benches.

Reloading benches can also be used to disassemble ammo.

well ****, i bought a thing for the assault rifle and couldn't figture out what it was so i sold it back and was out like 600 caps. Guess I better go see if I can buy it again.

Actually rose if you complete a quest for the sniper then go talk to either the ranger or the guy running the gift shop can't remember which he gives you the key and it's yours from then on.

Spoiler!!

They give you the key because she is the one who sent Brooks wife away to the slavers. You help Brooks and the safe house is yours and he will off the come along with you. And he is bad *** too, one shot kills.

Yeah, I found the info saying that, but didn't know what to do with it. I didn't actually get a quest for it. I was wondering where all the companions were too! What should I do?

Yeah, I found the info saying that, but didn't know what to do with it. I didn't actually get a quest for it. I was wondering where all the companions were too! What should I do?

A lot of the quest are just in your notes, just little side quest. The one for Boone is actually a main quest I believe or I know it's a small part of it. Just do all the quest in Novac and see the ranger or shop keeper see if they will give you a key.

A lot of the quest are just in your notes, just little side quest. The one for Boone is actually a main quest I believe or I know it's a small part of it. Just do all the quest in Novac and see the ranger or shop keeper see if they will give you a key.

Yeah, I went back to Novac and found Boone. I hadn't talked to him before to flag the quest was the problem. I finished it and got him as a companion. Yay!

Only one update so far, and I haven't have as many problems as I thought I was going to have. The begging of the game was the worst but after I played a while everything seemed to straighten itself out.

Thank you GG. No issues so far.

Well I haven't played in a few days, but I started having an issue. I thought it would fix itself (thats what I've heard anyways). The last time I played all lockpicking, hacking and slot machines mini games are broken. I can still play the slots, just cant watch it spin, I can still do the lockpick with forcelock, but hacking is impossible. Ppl have said that they have had this happen, but it fixed itself after walking around a bit. It continued for me through an entire game session, and was still that way on the next time I played. Anyone else running into this???

Archived