Minecraft Classic

PeeKnuckle

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But its that much further along. Just think, the back side pretty much has to come up as much as the lowest point on the front all the way. I put down around 1600 blocks today or more. I'll keep on trucking a little at a time. Guess I'll have to be a Conan like king and build my own destiny.

You're not building it alone. There are a small handful that pay in stone each day. Maybe those people will have the best spots within your walls, hmm?

Certainly. As a matter of fact, land is up for grabs now. My Keep will eventually over look the lake near the Bank, but everything else is open for claims. Also, large contributors of stone are welcome to do some mining in the kings mine. However, I would like to point them in a certain direction before they mine. I have a layout in my head of the direction of the mine ( I think, lol ) . I should be below the base of the mountain, but I want to be sure before I open it up completely. Stone is a pretty easy commodity to come by so there's no need to save it for the king until the inventory system is in place. At which point I will have tax boxes for each citizen that can be filled. Until then the tax will be an easy to come by 64 blocks a day so long as I'm there to collect it. This rate will likely increase when a working inventory system is in place.

Hey guys, I am just getting started with Minecraft,

I've been reading the wiki and forums but really can't find the answers that I am looking for. I have the official server running now finally just for my own little test/sandbox area. Is there a list of OP commands that can be done to turn things on and off? I'm assuming that it is running in survival mode? I have the little hearts on my screen but I have yet to see any monsters.. Also seeing this other McZall server? Is that one better to run?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get going with it :)

For the server questions, you'll have to wait for Dateranoth. He's our resident expert.

As far as monsters go, they are only in the single player game right now. Not in the multiplayer survival (yet). Notch (creator), is still updating the game weekly.

Notch's Twitter

http://twitter.com/notch

Notch's blog

http://notch.tumblr.com/

These are the best ways of staying on top of things with Minecraft.

For the server questions, you'll have to wait for Dateranoth. He's our resident expert.

As far as monsters go, they are only in the single player game right now. Not in the multiplayer survival (yet). Notch (creator), is still updating the game weekly.

Notch's Twitter

http://twitter.com/notch

Notch's blog

http://notch.tumblr.com/

These are the best ways of staying on top of things with Minecraft.

Thanks PK!

I've gotten the server switched over to the McZall server software now and it is up and running.. When logging in I am just getting a flat world so I'm assuming I need to get a map generator or download a map of some kind.. Still learning but scouring the forums for good information :D

I found a list of the commands and the McZall server software makes things a bit easier to understand! I cant wait to get into it more :D

Are you running a classic or survival server? The Alpha would be the survivor version. Those worlds self generate terrain. The classic server starts out flat, unless you generate a pre-built level (theforest theocean etc). Not sure how to do that, though. Dateranoth could definitely help, however. He has made some on his classic server.

Are you running a classic or survival server? The Alpha would be the survivor version. Those worlds self generate terrain. The classic server starts out flat, unless you generate a pre-built level (theforest theocean etc). Not sure how to do that, though. Dateranoth could definitely help, however. He has made some on his classic server.

That's what Im not sure of.. When I was using the Minecraft official server software, it generated a map, you had health and all that good stuff but now switching over to this other software its flat and I have no health bar and pretty much have all blocks it looks like.

Hopefully Dateranoth can advise :) Maybe its just a setting or something and I am just missing it

First, I am assuming you are wanting to do the Survival Alpha server correct? The one you have to pay for that has hearts and generated land?

Yes that's the one.. I have paid for my copy, I download the official server and client and got had that up and running but just wasnt sure of commands and what I could turn on/off.. by suggestion on the MC forums I download the MClawl server and the WOM client and that works but when I log into that one its flat land and I have all items..? Im guessing creative mode

Yes that's the one.. I have paid for my copy, I download the official server and client and got had that up and running but just wasnt sure of commands and what I could turn on/off.. by suggestion on the MC forums I download the MClawl server and the WOM client and that works but when I log into that one its flat land and I have all items..? Im guessing creative mode

Unless you want to run a classic server you can just delete all the MClawl stuff. The only thing you need right now is the Server jar:

http://minecraft.net/download/minecraft_server.jar?v=1282256007057

And, if you want some extra additions these two mods:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=23340&hilit=llama#p418918 Hey0s Server Mod ( admin controls, teleporting, etc )

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=23127 (llamas mod, fixes furnaces, buckets and some other additions )

Download all three of the latest releases. Extract hey0s mod to a folder first, and then extract llamas on top of it. Do NOT overwrite the one file that it asks about.

Next, open minecraft_server.jar with winrar and drag the mod contents into it and save/compress.

Place the JAR file into whatever directory you want to be your server directory.

Start or optionally use this batch code:

echo off
title Minecraft Server
cls
:reloadall
echo.
echo Starting custom Alpha Multiplayer server version 0.1.0
echo.
echo ______ _ ___
echo I ___ \(_) / __)_
echo I I _ I I_ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____I I__I I_
echo I II II I I _ \ / _ ) ___)/ ___) _ I __) _)
echo I II II I I I I ( (/ ( (___I I ( ( I I I I I__
echo I_II_II_I_I_I I_I\____)____)_I \_II_I_I \___)
echo.
echo.
echo Information: Server will reload when closed!
echo Launcher by Evangeder.
echo.
set /p serverrun=Run server with GUI?: y/n? (a) for abort, (o) for options.
if /i %serverrun%==y goto loadgui
if /i %serverrun%==n goto loadnogui
if /i %serverrun%==a goto abort
if /i %serverrun%==o goto options
pause
:loadnogui
cls
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
goto loadnogui
:loadgui
cls
set /p serverjarorexe=Server is on Jar or Exe? (jar) / (exe)
if /i %serverjarorexe%==jar goto loadgui1
if /i %serverjarorexe%==exe goto loadgui11
goto loadgui

:loadgui1
cls
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar
goto loadgui1

:loadgui11
cls
minecraft_server.exe
goto exerun

:options
cls
echo.
echo.
echo [OPTIONS]
echo =======================
echo.
echo (e) For echo on
echo (c) For choose jar file to open. (needed if minecraft_server.jar
echo name got changed.)
echo (a) For abort (terminates console)
echo (r) For return to main
echo.
set /p option=
if /i %option%==e goto reloadall1
if /i %option%==c goto choosejarfile
if /i %option%==a goto abort
if /i %option%==r goto reloadall
pause
goto abort

:reloadall1
echo on
goto reloadall

:choosejarfile
echo Do not write ".jar"
set /p jarfile=
set /p serverrun2=Run server with GUI?: y/n?
if /i %serverrun2%==y goto loadgui2
if /i %serverrun2%==n goto loadnogui2
:loadnogui2
cls
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar %jarfile%.jar nogui
goto loadnogui2
:loadgui2
cls
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar %jarfile%.jar
goto loadgui2

:abort
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Server starting aborted.
echo Terminating launcher application.
echo.
goto end

:error
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Server error. Terminating.
echo Terminating launcher application.
echo.
goto end

:exerun
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Exe file started.
echo Closing launcher application.
echo.
goto end

:end
pause

I couldn't find the thread on the forums, but the guy listed in the batch file created it and all credit belongs to him. Very handy.

As soon as it starts, type something in chat and then close the server.

There are settings in the server.properties file to adjust. Refer to this:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1013&t=25110

And you will then have to refer to the above mod links for instructions on setting up the specifics of Hey0s mod. Once all the settings are in place, start the server and use the machine IP or local IP depending where you are hosting to run it.

Type /help in the console for the list of server commands, and refer to Notch's blog for better explanations.

epps ok thats alot lol..

So you guys are running the official server and not the MC one? I already had the official server up and running just didn't have those extra mods and things in there.. I followed the directions and really don't see any difference and my config file was already setup. I didnt realize the other MClawls server was meant for just creative mode I guess?

epps ok thats alot lol..

So you guys are running the official server and not the MC one? I already had the official server up and running just didn't have those extra mods and things in there.. I followed the directions and really don't see any difference and my config file was already setup. I didnt realize the other MClawls server was meant for just creative mode I guess?

We run both a Minecraft Classic (old creative), and a Minecraft Alpha Server(latest branch of the game and direction he's taking it). The classic is open to public and can be found in the multiplayer list. The Alpha server is still, well alpha, and they can only be connected by direct ip:port. The Classic server software can be found here:

http://minecraft.net/servers.jsp

Everything under Download on the mincraft.net site is part of the alpha branch.

Minecraft is still in alpha, but is rapidly nearing beta. I've only got one more feature to add; multiplayer support.

I'm renaming the old version of the game "Minecraft Classic", and will be slowly phasing it out.

I won't remove it, though. Just hide it.

The main branch of the game is currently called "Minecraft Alpha", and is under heavy development. It can be a bit unstable at times, so don't get too attached to your save files yet.

You can read more on the development blog, or here. -Notch

Ok I got it.. I just deleted everything and started over, My server was an exe not a jar file.. I got the new commands and things now but the sever warns of not enough memory if I try to start it by the jar file.. If i try to use the batch file it just gives an error.

Still tinkering with it lol

Ok I got it.. I just deleted everything and started over, My server was an exe not a jar file.. I got the new commands and things now but the sever warns of not enough memory if I try to start it by the jar file.. If i try to use the batch file it just gives an error.

Still tinkering with it lol

Ok edited the batch file to reference the java location on the server and that fixed it up!. On yours if selecting the GUI version, Does both the prompt window and the gui stay open?

Ok edited the batch file to reference the java location on the server and that fixed it up!. On yours if selecting the GUI version, Does both the prompt window and the gui stay open?

Yes. The prompt window makes sure it auto restarts. if the gui closes or the server crashes the batch file will restart it.

Yes. The prompt window makes sure it auto restarts. if the gui closes or the server crashes the batch file will restart it.

Ohh ok awesome.. WEll I think I spoke to soon.. Now when trying to run the game (locally) through the client I am pretty much stuck right when it spawns me and then the screen goes black..

Ohh ok awesome.. WEll I think I spoke to soon.. Now when trying to run the game (locally) through the client I am pretty much stuck right when it spawns me and then the screen goes black..

In my case in the client I am using "localhost" to get in.. But I removed my name from the ops.txt file and added it to the users.txt as an admin and now its working..

Hopefully that fixed it up

Yall having any issues where certain blocks cant be destroyed? You try and bust a block up and it instantly reappears.. It doesnt do this on the unmodded server just one where I've applied those mods.

Archived