Profanity filter revisions

Kevnvek

So a lot of people have been finding that d amn and h ell are filtered, and they aren't even really swear words unless you are under the age of 10 lol. Would it be possible to unfilter them? I can understand the major ones, like the s, f, c, and b words, but others like a ss aren't too bad and we would use anyways with dollar signs, or a bold 'a' back at the ATC lol, so maybe just unfilter most of the minor stuff?

I'd go through a test to see what's filtered or not but it would end up looking like I've typed morse code. So instead, I'll just make the profanity list IN morse code. lol

... .... .. -

..-. ..- -.-. -.-

-.-. ..- -. -

.- ... ...

-... .. - -.-. ....

Kevin, let me direct you to this part of the Forum Guidelines:

*Do not bypass the profanity filter in excess.

I think you would make a good resident in Ban Town tongue.gif

I was going to see if it would let me ban him for 5 minutes but it would only let me select hours. lol :rolleyes:

A PM to me would have sufficed for this man. You can ask anyone who has PM'd me a request like this, it gets fixed quickly. Usually within a few minutes, unless I have to do research. The words were blocked because I used a standard bad words list and hadn't made changes to it yet. Had to get SOMETHING in place though.

Thanks PK for making the edits!

The words were blocked because I used a standard bad words list and hadn't made changes to it yet. Had to get SOMETHING in place though.

That is what I figured it was...

But it may still be possible that kevin is to young to be using those words in the first place. :P

*Skylark95 runs out of thread fast...

I guess some people found that John Lithgow image with the C word offense, so I apologize for it (and it's been removed by a mod). I didn't actually mean to call you guys that, it was just a funny image of Lithgow being creepy, like he was yelling at the kids while he was reading them a story. lol

This whole thread should be deleted soon, really lol, but the main point is, let's at least unfilter d amn, h ell, and d ick, and any minor little ones that may have been missed but are commonly used.

For every word that is filtered, we shall make our own. Such as, you are all binago bats.

We could also just change words, instead of turning them into *. Such as "heck" "stuff" and "frick," though most oustsiders would think we all have the mentality of a 8 year old.

We don't have the mentality of 8 year olds?

Archived