Playstation 4

LGWyant

Well, so far my biggest disappointment with the console is the stupid chat earbuds.

• They're atrocious.
  • They seriously pick up every little noise which is annoying (non-noise cancelling), and the mute "switch" is inconvenient to keep having to switch on and off in the middle of a game.

Why can't there be a decent mono-headset (kind of like the original Xbox headsets)?  Everything I've found so far either A) isn't what I'm looking for, like a full on gaming set of headphones that I don't want to spend a ton of money on B) a piece of crap that usually gets poor reviews and doesn't function well C) a pretty great mono-headset that would be perfect except for the fact that there is NO MUTE FUNCTION.

Blah.  Looks like I'll be waiting.

Any particular reason why you want a mono headset?

If 3.5 works on the PS4, I think I'd go with the SteelSeries Siberia V2 Cross Platform headset. http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Cross-Platform-Gaming-Headset/dp/B005KQ9A14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389638611&sr=8-1&keywords=SteelSeries+Siberia+V2+Cross-Platform

Pretty much I just want a headset for chat, like the old Xbox Live ones.  That's all.  I don't want a gaming headset seeing as I have a pretty decent sound set up but want a good solution for a chat headset, one ear only, with noise cancelling so it doesn't pick everything up and a mute feature. 

Turtle beach makes a one ear set with mute for ps4 around $25. Not sure if noise canceling though.

Yeah, the P4C.  Read a whole bunch of different reviews though that were saying it was kind of garbagey.  *shrugs*  I'll probably end up waiting for a while anyways.  Oh well.  Thanks LG.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, after messing around with it quite a lot last night I have to say the remote play feature for the PSVita is absolutely fucking AMAZING.  I love it.  I played ACIV for a while on it, and then later in the night was even playing COD Ghosts multiplayer with it and doing suprisingly well! 

SOOOO much awesomeness.  I love my PS4, and having a Vita as well is just icing on the cake.

Archived