Microsoft E3 Media Briefing Live

Rincon2000

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think MS is just WAY to late to get in on the Wii craze, and there are way to many factors going against them(pricing, not built into system, not know for family games, wii already king of casual).

Pricing? There's several expensive cameras in Kinect, plus voice recognition ware. Go price a VisionCam. lol

I'll consider getting it at one point, as well as the Playstation Move. I do like the motion controllers for some of these "sports" demo that they show. I loved Wii Sports and played it damn near every night for a month, but once I got tired of that .. what else was there left to play on the Wii. I don't like Zelda, Metroid, or Mario .. and everything else just felt tacked on.

Even though Microsoft and Sony are late to motion controller stage (well .. in actuality Sony had been working on Move back on the PS2), we're still going to be having a better, fuller experience on the 360 or PS3. Once we get tired of motion control bowling, archery, tennis games .. we'll be able to pick up a controler and jump back into Fallout, Halo or Killzone. I also think the fitness games or simulations will be better with the 360 because it'll be able to SEE what you are doing. You can cheat pretty good with Wii Fit cause it only pays attention to you balance and pressure. The Kinect will give you a much more harder routine, and if you really want to exercise that's what you need.

These things aren't cheap .. but then again neither is the Wii .. sure the "core" unit is cheap .. but who buys just the core? Nintendo stripped the crap out of that thing so they could appear to cheap. You HAVE to have the nunchuck if you want to play the Zelda or Mario games .. added cost. And the Wii .. pretty boring by itself so time to buy another set of controllers .. and lets not forget the waste of money Wii Speak .. it you want to chat with your friends. That stuff adds up quickly. .. Kinect .. one time price.

Kinect as a menu navigator, took a backseat to me last night. Found out, to use it, you have to be STANDING UP. Who wants to stand up to fast forward a movie? Apparently, Kinect has trouble reading your body if you're sitting down.

Standing up to play a racing game? Other games won't be affected by this, but other things definitely will be. Hope they can sort this out.

Kinect as a menu navigator, took a backseat to me last night. Found out, to use it, you have to be STANDING UP. Who wants to stand up to fast forward a movie? Apparently, Kinect has trouble reading your body if you're sitting down.

Standing up to play a racing game? Other games won't be affected by this, but other things definitely will be. Hope they can sort this out.

Stepto had this to say about it...

Twitter

Guys, we're still developing Kinect. I've no idea what ign wrote and am not contradicting. Just saying ive used menus sitting. Calm down. :)

^^^

A lot of Wii's are impulse buys though, so it really is the illusion of appearing cheaper.

Also, people bought the Wii speak? lol :P

I know the Wii Speak is the biggest piece of crap that Nintendo has put out since the Virtual Boy. Two of my very close friends from work only have Wiis. When I lost my job there I was no longer able to hang out with them or talk to them I started to miss them.. but they both went out and got Wii Speaks the day it was launched. So I figured if I got that and The Conduit it would be like old times and we could all hang out again. I thought it would be like chatting on the 360 .. sadly I was mistaken and must say that it was the worst $85 bucks I ever spent and because of it will NEVER EVER!!! buy anything that Nintendo releases again. AND I MEAN ANYTHING!!! .. from a DS or 3DS or new console .. NOTHING!!

Im kinda : / with console Nintendo, they did have some really good stuff this year, but I don't see myself re-buying a Wii, or even getting any of the games(I could use my parents Wii at any time really). Handheld Nintendo Im more then good with.

Pffft to Kev. I'm buying a 3DS, no questions asked. :)

I agree that the Wii sucks though. I boxed mine back up and it's just sitting there, unused.

If you're not a fan of Mario (2D or 3D) then the Wii truly does suck. New Super Mario Bros Wii and both Super Mario Galaxy games are superb if you are a fan though. There is also some good Wiiware titles (Cave Story, World of Goo, Contra Rebirth)...PS3 and 360 are the far superior consoles though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived