Kingdoms of Amalur Opinions

Unspoken Lies

I have been playing it since release. It's pretty fun. The art style and the combat keep it interesting. Plus it has a pretty steady stream of loot and upgrades. The story is ok so far, but it is nothing mind blowing. Mostly your typical rpg stuff.

Been streaming it every night. You can check out some of the archives here:

I was pumped for this. I liked the demo but was hoping that the full game would have something more. I guess my problem with it is that it just feels so generic. I usually love these kinds of game but I just can't find the drive to want or care about the characters and story. I wish I would of held off on it honestly.

That said, I can totally see why some would just love this. It has all the ingredients to be really good. Combat is fun, talent trees are interesting and the loot is varied but it just feels like a been there done that for me.

I was pumped for this. I liked the demo but was hoping that the full game would have something more. I guess my problem with it is that it just feels so generic. I usually love these kinds of game but I just can't find the drive to want or care about the characters and story. I wish I would of held off on it honestly.

That said, I can totally see why some would just love this. It has all the ingredients to be really good. Combat is fun, talent trees are interesting and the loot is varied but it just feels like a been there done that for me.

This exactly. I was all into it an it is fun to play, but the story just isn't that compelling. Maybe if I focused on the main quest it would be better, but I can't help but want to be everyone's errand boy.

• 1 month later...

I've also been playing this and I feel that this game is what Fable SHOULD have been (my opinion, I hated Fable 3).

Good graphics, engaging combat, huge world to explore, lots of loot/customizing, crafting systems, etc.

I think for a new RPG from a new game studio they did a great job.

ive been playing this for a month now and love it. Gave up playing skyim for it. Granted there are some things that coulda been done better but the fighting is great and the graphics are too. im not close to being finished and im already wanting a #2

• 4 weeks later...

im now 187 hours in and still going strong. ive become a quest whore. you want it done by christ i'll do it...i cant say no "GOD HELP ME". its to the point my wife hates the xbox. Told me last night "why dont you try sleeping with it to."

just hit 225 hours and finally crossed the sea...lol. ive got my guy to level 34 with no clear major. Of course i know im not really missing anything with nothing good being released right now. It acc feels good not to spend the cash i was on games and can acc spend it on other things...like a new lawnmower

• 3 weeks later...

Just hit hour 342 and finished the main story plus one of the DLC quests. i have to say its a great game with only one drawback that bugged me. It really sucks to have a level cap on an RPG. Made me go from running from old point to old point to fast travel. A smaller peve was the treasure inside the chests, kinda got old spending time opening a hard chest or dispelling a hard chest only to find a minor healing potion. Other than that i love it. For a game i got just because i had a gift card burning a hole....

Archived