Buying A New 360. HELP

CHINESE BABOON

So my Xbox has been broken now for over a year. The one I've been playing on is my room mates so now that the semester is ending and I want to be playing the Hal;o Reach Beta, I've realized buying a new console all together is a better route then paying another $100 to get my old one fixed only to have it bust just a little over a year when the 1 year warranty expires. In since I'm switching majors now I'm going to be selling all my school books and should have enough to buy a new one. This is the one deal I'm currently looking at...

Xbox 360 I'm looking at.

Is this probably the best thing to go with? I've been wanting to upgrade my HD from my original 20 GB one and it comes with ODST for the Beta. Help is much appreciated.

Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. It also comes with Forza Motorsport 3, which is a very good racing simulator.

I'll definitely be getting an Arcade unit next time my console breaks as opposed to the $100 repair (you can find Arcades for about $100 sometimes). That way I can upgrade to HDMI.

You can tell what version of the hardware you have by looking at the Lot# listed on the box.

it's a 4 digit number that will tell you the year and week the console was manufactured on.

For example. Lot#0738 means it was made in 2007, during the 38th week of the year.

You can tell what version of the hardware you have by looking at the Lot# listed on the box.

it's a 4 digit number that will tell you the year and week the console was manufactured on.

For example. Lot#0738 means it was made in 2007, during the 38th week of the year.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if/when I do get a new Arcade console. Checked the box that my console came in. 0618 lol.

Will do man, thanks.

Check retail shops and you can tell what you're getting by the voltage. You can see it in the window that shows the serial number. You may have to move it around a bit, but you'll see it.

Xenon = 12V--16.5A

Zephyr = 12V--16.5A

Falcon = 12V--14.2A

Jasper = 12V--12.1A

However, as new as that bundle is it's likely the newest revision. I'd say you would be safe getting it if you are set on it. From what I've read it is the Jasper.

As a matter of fact, one of the reviewers is quoted saying it is. I'd go with it man. It's a good deal.

You can also find that console at Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77247

Same price, but if you are in need of extra accessories they are running a 20% off with the purchase of a system.

• 4 weeks later...

This was a big help! Thanks! My lot # was 1013! I got a new chip! yea!

Archived