Psp2 Has Been Announced!

ThermoNukePanda

will be very interesting to see, thats for sure. but if they dont have monster hunter on there at all i wont be picking one up

You KNOW that they will bring some sort of Monster Hunter out on it. It's one of the biggest titles in japan, and there are what, like 2 or 3 at least available now on current gen PSPs?

Plus this new PSP2 is supposed to have 3G or something. *shrugs* I'd rather play over WiFi, but I hope that more games have actual server games (Like Phantasy Star Portable 2) instead of the AdHoc crap that most games have right now.

Holy sweet mother of Jebus!

ngphw127.jpg

Apparently it's not the PSP2. It's going to be called the "NGP" (Um, Next Generation Playstation? Who knows). The device is touted as going in the direction of seamlessly transferring your games back and forth between PS3 and handheld. They brought out Hideo Kojima to demonstrate MGS4 on the new portable system.

They are NOT announcing any new titles right now, which is TEH SUCK, but they claim they will show off the system more and new titles at E3 this year.

I HATE WAITING!!!

Here are some more shots.

Rear touchscreen (which I have NO idea how it'd ever be useful):

5391827373c9efc8b021o.jpg

The new UI (which is SUPER UGLY, but I do see Uncharted on there so that makes up for it!)

53918271890b29a78cdfo.jpg

Aaaaaaaand here are the specs:

"Next Generation Portable Entertainment System" Hardware Specs

CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 core (4 core)

GPU: SGX543MP4+

External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

Screen: 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED

Touchscreen: Multi-touch screen (capacitive type)

Rear touchpad: Multi-touch pad (capacitive type)

Cameras: Front camera; rear camera

Sound: Built-in stereo speakers; built-in microphone

Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer); three-axis electronic compass

Keys/Switches: PS button; power button; directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left); action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square); shoulder buttons (Right/Left); right and left sticks; Start button; Select button; volume buttons (+/-)

Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G); IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode); Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

Touchscreen on the front!?

5" OLED screen!?

ACTUAL dual analog sticks instead of those stupid analog nubs!?!!?!? YES PLZ!!!

Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G AND GPS!?!!?

Finally a return to game cartridges instead of UMD!?!?!?!? This isn't going to be that bad! Take a look at the 3DS flash carts. They can hold up to 8GB!

This thing is going to give my hands third degree burns and have a 1.5 hour battery life. LoL It will be totally worth it though!

HOLY CRAP!!!

The controls are CUSTOMIZABLE! You can move around the controls on each side, swap em, flip em upside down (so the analogs are one on top and one on bottom) etc!

DO WANT!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfoBFx4rleE

*edit* This appears to be untrue. I've looked at many screenshots of the actual device and there is no way the controls are swappable. :(

Ooohhhh Stealthy!

Guess what?

http://www.eurogamer...-hunter-ps2-ngp

"The stick feels... great!" gasped Takeuchi" LMFAO

The new PSP sounds pretty amazing, but the only thing that looks like it's missing is 4 shoulder buttons, but I guess the rear touchpad, though different, could function as L2 and R2.

Archived