Good Thing We Didn't Review Epic Mickey

PeeKnuckle

Seems Warren Spector has come out to defend his game's reportedly bad camera.

Read about it at Joystiq.

You really shot yourself in the foot with this one -- "If reviewers want to give us a hard time about it because they're misunderstanding the game we made, it's not for me to tell them that they're wrong,".

On the plus side, you and Nintendo are getting tons of free press right now.

I don't know enough about the camera to make a judgment. I do dislike developers coming out, saying that reviewers got it wrong. It was a bit of a hard pill to swallow for me. I've respected Warren Spector for a long time. If a reviewer is having problems with the camera in a 3D platform type game, then they have to mention that.

I'd give it a little more time in the hopes he'll change his statement. Everyone can let their emotions get the better of them sometimes and speak hot hotheadedly.

This is the truth. It happens to everyone.

I don't know if Warren will reverse course on this though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Very rarely do bad camera angles really break games, it's just something reviewers like to nit pick about when they can't find any genuine problems with the title. If a camera is bad, in most all cases it can be worked around. I played the game for a few hours and if there were issues with the games camera, they certainly weren't apparent to a degree where the game was unplayable. I'm with the developers on this one. Alot of people said the same thing about the original Resident Evil games, so I almost never take a reviewer at face value when speaking about bad camera angles.

Archived