4th of july

MWB

so it finally gets dark enough to light off fire works and we get rain and ping pong ball sized hail. lol

Lucky. I kept getting woken up by bangs and popping noises. Can't a girl sleep?!? Oh well... I guess 10 hours will have to do. :lol:

Lucky. I kept getting woken up by bangs and popping noises. Can't a girl sleep?!? Oh well... I guess 10 hours will have to do. :lol:

At least you aren't like the people in my area that call the cops because they were trying to sleep and the neighbor was shooting off crap.

At least you aren't like the people in my area that call the cops because they were trying to sleep and the neighbor was shooting off crap.

That's lame. People are celebrating the birth of our nation. How pathetic to call the police about that. If I hear some idiot fire a gun though...then all bets are off.

Honestly, the fireworks are bugging my b/f more than me right now. He doesn't really care about "the Fourth of bloody July". What a grump.

bah id rather be out making those bangs and popping noises

My neighbors and I split shifts tonight. Something we all do on the birth of our nation. We all pack up our vehicles with extinguishers and first aid. You see, the city fucks come down to where we live, to shoot off their fire works. They think since it's a gravel and quartz lined creek, that it's fair game. What they never fail to realize is, the entire area is surrounded by dead leaves, needles, wood and TREES.

When I first moved up here, I tried to rationalize with them. "Give me your address, and I'll come light some fireworks beneath your home". The bluntness never hits them. The fact never hits home. My equity, what my future entails... relies on that acreage THEY put in jeopardy each fucking year. They never see it, though. It's MY fault for choosing to live where I live. Not their fault.

Doesn't matter. It's not just the 4th. It's every weekend. People coming out to shoot their guns drunk, or the dumb ass ATV'ers, out to rip shit up. It's not their land. They don't care. They go home to their houses unchanged. Meanwhile, us in the sticks... we survived another weekend.

Fuck you weekend warriors.

Archived