Official GTA V Thread

green grenades

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I don't have much confidence that this is going to work tonight. Been on different forums. New update is freezing peoples PS3's, extreme load times, missing characters etc etc..

We will see but I really don't want to deal with it. The Defiance game launch a couple months back was enough lol. There is always gonna be problems but I just don't see how they can't have a smoother launch for these online games by now.

Well I played here and there this weekend and I went on tonight to find all my hard work was deleted by whatever R* is doing...... I was not too far but had racked up some money and stuff. I won't be playing online again for awhile. Its not there yet. Deaths cost too much and the only things you can do are races and different kinds of death match. You can run around anywhere you want robbing stores but that gets boring after while. 

Hey guys for all the technical glitches R* is gonna give us $500,000 in GTA money in two payments over a few weeks time.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html

To be honest instead of the money I wish they would fix some other things instead:

1. Reduce the hospital bill. 2k when you die is just too much since missions don't give you a ton of money. In fact I think everything costs too much. Ammo, etc. This also leads you to not doing some crazy things that you would of otherwise done for fun in fear of losing 2k every time plus whatever else. The inclusion of micro transactions has definitely affected this game with how this is all implemented.
  2. Get rid of passive mode entirely. It is completely worthless. Instead just make lobbies have on option to have PVP in free roam or not. As it stands now players are just avoiding other players because everyone wants to shoot you on site to see if you drop any money. Spawn killing players as they get back from missions. I don't mind a little PVP but this shit is annoying.
  3. In single player. If I buy a super awesome car from legendary motor sports and then spend tons to trick it out the damn thing should not disappear from my garage permanently. 

PS3 Tip.

If you can't get on after patch 1.03 make a second character in slot 2 even though R* says not to. You might lose character #1 but chances are you're not far in anyway. My first character is lost in limbo and the game times out when I tried to get on. Since creating a second character I can get on easily now.

Is there no way to set up a private lobby for strictly free roam with friends/invite only?

If you can't, I'm passing on this GTA. That's what most of my time would have been spent on. I've watched the single player many times over.

Yeah you can enter a solo lobby with many things restricted or you can set up a private lobby with friend invite only. I tried setting it up but have been unable so far. Probably just a tech glitch but those options exist. I will try tonight again.

Yeah, the whole spawn killing after missions REALLY pisses me off.  lol

Yeah I did a mission with some random player to deliver a car to Simeion or whatever his name is. We finished up and some other player was just sitting outside the place gunning everyone down as they spawned in from these missions. I pretty much lost all the money from that mission and hospital bills.

Is there no way to set up a private lobby for strictly free roam with friends/invite only?

If you can't, I'm passing on this GTA. That's what most of my time would have been spent on. I've watched the single player many times over.

I haven't been able to set up a private lobby myself yet, but I've been playing on PS3.  It seems pretty odd honestly.  Just randomly thrown into some random world with random other people screaming into the mic for no reason usually or rapping to themselves lol.  Ugh. 

I do not miss random people trying to be funny or trying their hand at rapping on 360. Not one bit do I miss it.

I havent played online on a console in so long that I forgot what it was like.  It's SO FRIGGIN ANNOYING.  Not to mention I first experienced it on the very first (unskippable) mission which is a race. 

Got paired with some guy who was just mumble rapping for no reason nonstop and would not shut up and there was no way to mute him till the thing was over.  Plus if I unplugged my headphones it just came through the speakers haha.  Wow...

I havent played online on a console in so long that I forgot what it was like.  It's SO FRIGGIN ANNOYING.  Not to mention I first experienced it on the very first (unskippable) mission which is a race. 

Got paired with some guy who was just mumble rapping for no reason nonstop and would not shut up and there was no way to mute him till the thing was over.  Plus if I unplugged my headphones it just came through the speakers haha.  Wow...

Yeah I get this every time I try to play online on consoles. People in random groups leave their mics on and you can hear rapping, music, static and every background noise possible. We got to build some core groups of good people to play with for all versions of the game.

Been completely unable to connect to GTA Online all weekend. It just times out while connecting every fucking time. The last time I was able to connect was after creating a new character in slot 2 on Oct. 10th since my slot 1 character completely vanished. Nearly 2 weeks and they still can't fix the online part of this game. I guess they just don't have enough experience doing online games.

Strange.  I played a bit over the weekend with no issues Vec.  I'm only up to level 9 though currently.  Seems hard to gain levels.

Yeah its a common problem that I seeing on rockstar's support site. If I was able to make a brand new character I could get on but since both of my available slots are taken up and my characters are lost in limbo I am screwed until R* fixes it. Losing interest at a rapid rate lol.

I have done everything. Reinstalled the patches, made sure my NAT was open with some router work. Everything....

Still not having any problems here with the online myself.  That really sucks Vector.  :(  It's probably because I was able to actually make a character and get into game (eventually after a LOT of frustration)

Yeah been trying once a day when I get home from work to see if it can connect. I made a support request and 4 days later got a canned response to just follow a thread about the issue on their support site which has absolutely no updates that was created 6 days ago.

It must be the server my characters are on. GTA online is a failure if half your customers can't connect. Maybe they are doing it on purpose to limit the amount of players to get this thing stabilized so they can hurry up and make sure those micro transactions are working lol. The fact that even exists in the game turns me off anyways.

Either way I have already started moving on to other games. Pretty disappointed, was hoping to connect and start meeting some new like minded players to have fun with because that is the only reason to even play it online. Forget the leveling and money I just want to have fun.

Archived