Official GTA V Thread

green grenades

Today's fixes

• Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay
  • Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked
  • Fix for issues where the character's money could drop below zero and become stuck there
  • Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars
  • Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector's Edition owners
  • Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades
  • Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone get on last night? I avoided it. After reading about the massive server problems and the corrupted saves I opted to wait until it stabilizes. I figured it was a waste of time. Have not updated my game yet. Problem is it is effecting stuff in single player either way. Certain things like the stock market were down since half of it is tied to R* social.

I got in, my save seems fine. I had to wait at the racing lobby for 20 minutes but it finally put me through. So far I am pretty underwhelmed by it.

Is this straight up PVP? I don't think it is gonna be a whole lot of fun running around on a map with everyone just gunning for everyone just to get some of their money.

Is this straight up PVP? I don't think it is gonna be a whole lot of fun running around on a map with everyone just gunning for everyone just to get some of their money.

So far it has been. I havent seen anything coop. Its all death match or team dm. Now you start in an open world with 15 others. Its pretty much anything goes. Its basically like a lobby. There arent very many cars or pedestrians. The only things ive seen that are robable are just gas stations or fast food resteraunts. The money is pretty small if you kill a player or rob a store. Now you can pay 500 for like an immunity and i dont think players can hurt you and you cant hurt them. There are a couple more features but ill move on, you go around the map and there are spots to start a mission, dm, or team dm. Missions are just pvp also. You go to a seperate instance for this. The dumb thing is you can just pull up your phone to start a match but they also have a hundred spots on the map for matches. I dont get the point of that. Of course i only played a couple hours but its just very very odd.

So far it has been. I havent seen anything coop. Its all death match or team dm. Now you start in an open world with 15 others. Its pretty much anything goes. Its basically like a lobby. There arent very many cars or pedestrians. The only things ive seen that are robable are just gas stations or fast food resteraunts. The money is pretty small if you kill a player or rob a store. Now you can pay 500 for like an immunity and i dont think players can hurt you and you cant hurt them. There are a couple more features but ill move on, you go around the map and there are spots to start a mission, dm, or team dm. Missions are just pvp also. You go to a seperate instance for this. The dumb thing is you can just pull up your phone to start a match but they also have a hundred spots on the map for matches. I dont get the point of that. Of course i only played a couple hours but its just very very odd.

Thanks for the info. Hope online gets better. I like pvp and played many games with pvp in the past but I have been reading since my post that it is an online grieving fest so far. I heard there is a passive mode but as soon as you are in a car or have your gun out your flagged and can be taken out by anyone else. That is ok except if you can't ever get anything done I could see that getting old fast.

just read this from someone

I feel very bad for all of those who have yet to connect to the server.hopefully the world will be available to you soon.

I have been playing a mode called Survival Mode, where you post up and fight off hordes of enemies - they start off simple, but soon comes the choppers and the cars... I have only made it to Wave 5, but it's very fun! And the money ain't bad either! I found that the guns that I had from these Survival Missions carried on over to the regular online mode.

Today I have also done some parachuting missions which involve jumping out of the helicopter and chutting thru check points, yes you can shoot the opposing players (the object is get the highest score before landing). - I have also done parachutting missions where no weapons were allowed.

This game is great, I feel bad for those who haven't been able to hop on - but once you do - you will soon forget all your worries. I haven't had so much fun with strangers in forever.

I was able to play a Battle Tanks Vehicle Deathmatch where it was a FFA and everyone had a tank. Very fun!

Have just purchased my first garage it's a complete hell hole, but at least I got one!

I can't even get online for the PS3 version.  I made a character once, watched the opening cinematic and got to where I needed to race.  Game hung on the screen looking for players.  Then it said "Launching Session" in the bottom corner and for awhile I could hear other people talking but it never launched.  Had to reset the game. 

After that it just wouldn't connect to the cloud servers and wouldn't even let me in.

so there are coop missions, however so far they haven't been all that great and i was hoping they were going to be seamless. you drive to a spot and a mission starts within the world. sort of like rdr. however you go to the spot and it takes you to a menu to start the match which i don't like. i did manage to do some activities though, like golf, arm wrestling, and tennis last night and that was pretty fun. the races aren't that bad, i actually enjoy them. the only problem i see is that you have to level up to get new activities, so what about the people who don't like missions? they are forced to do them. i guess you can fight the cops but fuck are they hard now.

"Alright, so if you've managed to play some GTA:O, and got to level 10, then you should know that you'll get a call from Lester about bounty hunter other players.

So I was just rolling around in GTA:O after robbing some 24/7 Stores, and I got a text message that a $9000 bounty had been placed on my head. Naturally, I called up my buddy and we got in a car and headed up the mountains. Some players tried to collect, but I managed to survive. I highly recommend staying on the run with people you can trust, and Blaine County is the best place to hide.

This is the main point of the post. I found out, and thought I would share with you that if you can survive an entire day with a bounty on your head, and no one manages to claim it, you will be awarded the bounty for surviving.

TL;DR: Survive a day with a bounty, get paid.

P.S. I don't know if it just makes a generic text message about why you have a bounty or not, but it said that I had stolen some dudes car. For the record, I have only ever stolen cars from NPC's."

chris just go to that racing screen where it says loading and wait. it took me 20 to 30 minutes of waiting and i got in.

I tried more than once.  :(  Hell, I even went through the whole thing again last night of creating and whatnot, got to the point, walked away and went to have dinner downstairs and came back to the same damn loading session screen and could still hear people talking.  It was messed up.

I'll try again later.  If it FUBARs again I'll just play some Mechwarrior or maybe Dragons Crown or Diablo 3 for a bit.

I can't even get online for the PS3 version.  I made a character once, watched the opening cinematic and got to where I needed to race.  Game hung on the screen looking for players.  Then it said "Launching Session" in the bottom corner and for awhile I could hear other people talking but it never launched.  Had to reset the game. 

After that it just wouldn't connect to the cloud servers and wouldn't even let me in.

I can't even load the game. It just keeps telling me its unavailable. This launch is as bad as Defiance lol. At least in Defiance I was able to get on in the beginning a little bit even while things were getting stabilized.

They must of went cheap on the servers or something. I don't know how they couldn't of planned ahead better. I understand some bugs and hiccups but the game is completely unavailable. Single player is also effected in some ways. For some reason after the update I was stuck as Michael and could not switch.

They saw the sales numbers and pre-orders. Most of those people are going to want to connect online lol.

I did get your FR on the PSN though Vector.  Just letting you know. 

Cool yeah I saw that you added me. We will have to get GTA online going if it ever works lol. I just remembered I don't have a headset that works on PS3. Will have to get one this week.

I have one kicking around somewhere.  I think I still have the official PS3 wireless bluetooth over the ears headset that I got on promotion from KMart back in the day.

http://tinyurl.com/3hrywcv

They're pretty awesome to be honest from the little I've used of them.  FInally will have an online game on PS3 to even bother with them haha

I have one kicking around somewhere.  I think I still have the official PS3 wireless bluetooth over the ears headset that I got on promotion from KMart back in the day.

http://tinyurl.com/3hrywcv

They're pretty awesome to be honest from the little I've used of them.  FInally will have an online game on PS3 to even bother with them haha

Wow that looks nice! I am gonna take a trip to the store and look for one. I might even go something cheaper for now as well. I am kinda bummed because I bought a Tritton 720 a couple years ago and its broken already. It would of worked just fine on PS3.

Again couldn't do crap last night.  It must be a combination of ROckstar servers and PS3.

I was able to create my guy (again) and watched the cutscene.  After about 15 minutes it finally let me into a race (by myself apparently and against Lamar's AI).  So I completed the race and BAM.  Game froze up.  I could hear background noise but couldn't do squat.  I gave it about 40 minutes there and still nothing so I had to reset.

Tried loading up again and nope, didn't even save my dude, had to try to get into a race again, blah blah blah.

One of these days I'll get it working lol

*edit*  Just saw a note that Rockstar released a content update today for PS3 (XBox 360 is in the works) that address online playability and server issues.  I'll check it out later

Archived