PSP2 to be announced at E3?

So with the COMPLETE FAIL (read: Son, I am disappoint!) of the PSPGo, Sony is in desperate need of a new handheld to compete with Nintendo's announced/unannounced Nintendo 3DS.

Publishers are reporting that Sony is going to possibly reveal their new handheld at this year's E3. Is it finally time to see something as awesome as this? I would totally spend like $250 for one of these.

500x_pspconcept.jpg

That mockup is so damn sexy. I've been salivating over getting my hands on something like that for almost two years now. I can only hope that it's as cool looking and sleek as the above concept.

And yes, two analogs ARE A MUST!!! SONY!!! ARE YOU LISTENING!?!?!?!?

I don't think dual analog sticks are a must. It would certainly be better for the unit but a lot of games are fine without it. God of War played fine .. Patapon played fine .. Jak and Daxter was alright (I only played the demo). The biggest problem I have with the PSP is not many developers seem to make games FOR the PSP .. most just tend to feel like stripped down versions of PS3 or PS2 games.

I hope they announce a PSP2(that is backwards compatible, of course) since im getting a lot more interested in PSP games now the in DS games, but there is no way I can justify getting a PSP when there is a big possibility that there will be a new one announced any time.

What Idon't understand is why they don't use some sort of copy protected Flash media card for games. I mean those things HAVE to be cheaper to produce than the UMD disc, plus it would use less space in the device's design.

Sell the games in a smaller case too. They'd save money in the long run and the device would have longer battery life due to no optical disc accessing.

What Idon't understand is why they don't use some sort of copy protected Flash media card for games. I mean those things HAVE to be cheaper to produce than the UMD disc, plus it would use less space in the device's design.

Sell the games in a smaller case too. They'd save money in the long run and the device would have longer battery life due to no optical disc accessing.

Its a lot easier to mod the hell out of it that way. The DS uses games that are on protected SD cards, but what people do is they get a card that just fools the DS into thinking it is a game, and they can download as many games as they want onto that. Even if you do have a UMD the PSP (at least the first one) only works if its in a case. As far as i can see the UMD is just a way to reduce modding.

I don't know a single person who has a PSP that didn't mod it.

You do now. Hai. ^_^

It looks nice, but I won't be getting it. I can never figure out when I'm even supposed to play it anymore. In the car I'm busy driving, on vacation there's better things to do, they're not allowed at work, while in a doctor's waiting room I'd feel like a total geek. I just use my phone for portable entertainment now.

i havent decided if im getting one yet. they look cool but i only ever played one game on them. and unless those are screen shots from some new version of monster hunter they are showing ill pass

I don't think there really is a good way to prevent pirating/modding on handhelds, since you hear about the R4 all the time for the DS and I don't know a single person who has a PSP that didn't mod it.

I actually have 2 PSP's .. one is modded and one isn't. I love all the game demos and how the PSP interacts with the PS3. Of course this was pack when I had a job and money. I used both on the train all the time playing games and watching movies (40-60min commute into NYC) .. but now a days I'm usually drinking or sleeping on the train. No time for games when beer is in hand!

I've seen that pic years ago .. it's not an actual PSP just a fan mock up that surfaces every few months. Not God of War though .. nothing like that in that game .. most likely a screen grab from Monster Hunter

I didn't say I was right. I only said that I was thinking it. ^_^

i was just explaining what the one on the left was :)

Thank you. I would've never got it. I never played Monster Hunter. Never played any of the God of War games either, for that matter.

if you have a wii, they just came out with the newest one. its a pretty fun game

Archived