Joecore's Photoshop Thread

Joecore

So, for future endeavors, this will be where I post images I derp in PS. This first post is dedicated to the idea of spicing up the livestream page - it's a little dull with just the black bars on either side, so I threw together some rough copies of potential backgrounds. At the time of creation, I didnt have the official GC font, but it's PS and anything is subject to change at anytime. I tried to stick to the Reaper/skull concept we got goin on, and this is what happened (PS - don't mind my dumb face in these... I needed a guideline to plan where the images needed placed):

fJINRl.jpg

uI0scl.jpg

04KMHl.jpg

n4r5Bl.jpg

m71xAl.jpg

I have a few different colored versions of those skulls that aren't shown as well. Ok, now tell me what you think. I'm also open to suggestions/concepts/ideas/whatevers or if you have a cool image you'd like me to work in, I'm pretty flexible. I also do sigs on request, so yeah, theres that.

Ok, flame away.

last one is actually the best looking one. it reminds me of He Man for some reason. I don't like the first two because the two sides don't seem to match very well. The red one is okay but I just don't like red so that is just me. The fourth one is okay but just looks like a regular picture with a skull. So the last one is by far the most bad *** picture I've ever seen.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Based on your recommendations, I've retooled the first and last layouts... This is how I envision the stream looking with either theme:

fG7za.jpg

etGB4.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the way those look... MOAR FEEDBACKS, PUHLEEEEEEEEASE!

I'd work within the JTV channel editor since we use JTV and not Twitch. I think having both sides match up is important. Depending on people's resolutions, the background image is going to look different.

Good work, Joe.

My vote: The first one with the left side mirrored over to the right. So there's a stack of skulls on both sides, along with our name.

P.S. I did have a background image for the channel, but it refused to take it. I made the file size smaller, I changed file types. It just refused to take it. It was too bad ass for the channel. lol

I didn't do anything from twitch, I just used the image as a layover so i knew where to put the images. The portion of those images that look like the channel won't be a part of the final image. And thank you for your input, I'll tweak #1 again to your specifications... I'll miss the creepy reaper tho ;)

That's just one person's vote though, you don't have to remove him. ;) Though honestly it might look good with the multiple skulls the same on either side. I kinda like the big guy though. How did you make these, by the way? Use images of skulls, add effects, and touch them up, create them from scratch, or what?

Also I wouldn't use the big reaper guy sideways in the logo above the cast like you have. Either the site logo we have now, or maybe the grouping of skulls in the grayish white, like the second mock up but without the colors.

I'd work within the JTV channel editor since we use JTV and not Twitch. I think having both sides match up is important. Depending on people's resolutions, the background image is going to look different.

Good work, Joe.

My vote: The first one with the left side mirrored over to the right. So there's a stack of skulls on both sides, along with our name.

P.S. I did have a background image for the channel, but it refused to take it. I made the file size smaller, I changed file types. It just refused to take it. It was too bad *** for the channel. lol

i agree with pk, the first one with the skulls mirrored would be best. i don't like the guy on the right side but i do like the skulls. i'd have them facing out though.

That's just one person's vote though, you don't have to remove him. ;) Though honestly it might look good with the multiple skulls the same on either side. I kinda like the big guy though. How did you make these, by the way? Use images of skulls, add effects, and touch them up, create them from scratch, or what?

No worries. I didn't delete anything. And I make these by doing a little of everything you mentioned, aside from scratch work. I have an artists mind, but my hands don't know it...

i agree with pk, the first one with the skulls mirrored would be best. i don't like the guy on the right side but i do like the skulls. i'd have them facing out though.

If I face the skulls outward, it'll be more difficult to effectively place the text :(

Anyways, here's the retweak of Theme #1 (now effectively Theme #6) - Pics of what it should look like on both Twitch.tv and Justin.tv. (Pay no mind to the underage vaginas in the JTV stream... I just needed a channel with a decent background that I could easily erase).

sjCLf.jpg

uR17d.jpg

Archived