Borderlands question

Banstyle

Do missions repeat themselves?

I did a mission to find some parts of a sniper rifle, thinking I'm going to get some sweet gear. Found all the parts and got a rifle but it wasn't all that great so I fenced it. Then the little robot was like HEY NEW MISSIONS AT FYRESTONE GOOO' so I ran all the way back to Fyrestone and the only mission was.. the same mission again. This is disheartening for a completionist, such as myself.

So do missions randomize and repeat infinitely?

Some gun fetch missions will net you unique weapons. Won't see those until after you leave Fyrestone, though. You can skip those missions, but you won't get the achievement for completing each mission in Fyrestone. If anything, you get XP for killing the enemies near the parts, and you get extra money for selling it.

They're not random. It's the same missions each playthrough. Usually several gun missions in each map area. If you want, you can check out the Borderlands wiki and see the amount of missions, and their makeup, when entering a new map. For instance, your next map after Fyrestone, will be the Dahl Headlands - http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dahl_Headlands_Missions.

Also, I don't know what's up with your game. The wiki says there's only one gun fetch mission in Fyrestone. http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Fyrestone#Missions

There is another, but it's in a sub map of Fyrestone, in the Arid Hills (near Sledge's Safehouse). http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Scavenger:_Sniper_Rifle

Okay, so the other fetch mission was probably Arid Hills. I didn't see the destination, only that the mission name was the same. Kind of boring that I have to essentially do the same thing over.. but at least it is a new mission and not the same one. :)

Having a great time in the game overall.

Edit: Also do I need to go all the way back to Fyrestone for missions or will there some day be a new terminal? It's a long distance and I always forget where I parked. I wish I could fast travel but I don't think you can in this game, or at least I don't know how yet.

A quick way to get back to your car, is find a Catch a Ride. You can use it to either make a new car, or teleport to the drivers seat of your old car. Use your map to find the closest Catch a Ride. =D

Spawn: "Also, make sure to read the entire mission. You miss half the story if you don't.". AGREED 100%! Many people say there's no story, but there is if you take the time to read the missions, and listen to the echo recordings. It's not the greatest story, but some of the mission's personal details are funny or witty.

You guys are making me want to play!

The DLC has been tough for me for some reason. In short I lost all my characters. I started over awhile back and PK power leveled my 20 Siren to I think 53 or something in one night haha.

Since she was in her early 50's I decided to just move right into playthrough 2 starting with Knoxx DLC. That highway is no joke and those Ninja chicks can be tough. I like the challenge but do you think my character is weaker cause of the accelerated leveling? If so should I just do playthrough 2 doing the vanilla game first then DLC it up? Crawmerax is going to eat me for breakfast.

Does your character have gun levels similar to your character level? A level 53 character can still kill things with level 20 weapons, but not as easily with higher leveled weapons. Proficiency helps, since it can increase the amount of damage, accuracy and fire rate the gun does... among other things (depending on weapon type).

Knoxx on Playthru 2 is just tough all around. Those probes will kick your ass, even if they're a lower level than you are. They're just insane with their beefy shields and all their bobbing and weaving. lol

Does your character have gun levels similar to your character level? A level 53 character can still kill things with level 20 weapons, but not as easily with higher leveled weapons. Proficiency helps, since it can increase the amount of damage, accuracy and fire rate the gun does... among other things (depending on weapon type).

Knoxx on Playthru 2 is just tough all around. Those probes will kick your ***, even if they're a lower level than you are. They're just insane with their beefy shields and all their bobbing and weaving. lol

I thought I had halfway decent guns. They are a few levels down from me. We got them that night we power leveled. You were killing that guy and he was spilling loot galore haha. I will investigate more but I think your right. Knoxx is just tough.

I think I did playthrough 2 on it because everything on playthrough 1 is too weak. I should note however after we power leveled I did not do the DLCs on playthrough 1 at all but I don't think it will help me given the level I have now.

Keep in mind, too, that the Lance soldiers are elemental. So, going at an electric Lance with an electric gun... you'll get no where. Use Corrosive on all of them, except the Chemical Lance. Use fire on those guys.

I think Whiteboy and I are playing tonight. You're more than welcome to join us if you like.

Keep in mind, too, that the Lance soldiers are elemental. So, going at an electric Lance with an electric gun... you'll get no where. Use Corrosive on all of them, except the Chemical Lance. Use fire on those guys.

I think Whiteboy and I are playing tonight. You're more than welcome to join us if you like.

Cool yah sometimes I forget about that. I think I have a pretty good corrosive smg. I will try to catch up with you all tonight if I can.

That is if the old lady does not have plans. Maybe I can just get her all boozed up so when she passes out its Borderlands time? haha

Sounds good. lol

Probably don't need to worry about leveling, either. I think I have a character at all levels now. Seriously. Send help. lol

Haha! Wow a character at all levels?! Borderlands is a great game though. I don't fault you for loving it so much haha.

Oh and help is on the way lol

Thats cool PK haha. I should have the same. I got to play some last night but it was around 6pm. We had company come over so gaming time stopped early ><

Anyways I finally took a peek at my character.

Level 53 Siren.

Proficiencies:

Pistol: 1

SMG: 35

Shotgun: 8

Combat: 25

Sniper: 11

Launcher: 0

Eridian: 0

Out of all the guns I have that I can use my highest is a 48 level. My best corrosive right now is a level 40 SMG but I have a detonating level 48 SMG with x3 explosive that I can use. Fire rate is a bit low for my taste at 6.9.

Thanks to you though I have tons of money and half a bank full of level 59/60 weapons just waiting for me when I get there. Some orange and some purple. They look pretty good like my good ole friend Combustion Hellfire with x4 fire and a badass Desert Wildcat hehe. Oh and lets not forget my favorite pal Pestilent Defiler x4 corrosive and lots of extra goodies engraved with the words "Give Sick" haha.

I could probably check the machines in T-Bone Junction and find something to buy for now till I level up. My character is well set it seems to me just need to play her lol.

Drop it on the ground and it'll show its true level. The damage and perks don't change. Just the level number.

Since you'll be in the Knoxx DLC, and using elemental SMG's, I'd consider using a mercenary class mod with +damage to SMG's and boosted elemental effects. Really cuts those elemental Lance down, quick.

Your proficiencies look right for a Siren. They excel at SMG and tend to also level high in combat rifles.

Once you get a Combustion Hellfire, the game's going to get really easy. lol Thank Deity for the fire Lance. At least one enemy won't go down with a few shots. lol

Drop it on the ground and it'll show its true level. The damage and perks don't change. Just the level number.

Since you'll be in the Knoxx DLC, and using elemental SMG's, I'd consider using a mercenary class mod with +damage to SMG's and boosted elemental effects. Really cuts those elemental Lance down, quick.

Your proficiencies look right for a Siren. They excel at SMG and tend to also level high in combat rifles.

Once you get a Combustion Hellfire, the game's going to get really easy. lol Thank Deity for the fire Lance. At least one enemy won't go down with a few shots. lol

Cool! Worked like a charm. PK is the Borderlands Master!

I like the challenge of the DLC. I don't want it to get to easy.

Me and my Daughter play on other characters splitscreen when she wants to play. She loves Borderlands lol. I am leveling a Roland with her to help out her Siren.

Archived