Who Are Your Favorite Bands?

Guest Munchy

Guest Munchy

Who are your favorite music bands??

Mines are Megadeth, Metallica , Judas Priest , Black Sabbath , And Pantera

Already posted this before, can't hurt to do so again.

1. CKY

2. Tool

3. Mars Volta

4. Anything Patton

5. Mastodon

6. Bad Religion

7. Clutch

8. Iron Maiden

9. Deftones

10. Nas

11. Flaming Lips

12. Glassjaw

13. Slayer

14. Anthrax (there old stuff, from back in the 80's)

15. Frank Zappa

16. A Perfect Circle

17. Primus and anything Claypool

18. Rush

19. Buckethead

20. King Crimson

1. Nine Inch Nails

2. David Bowie

3. Soundgarden

4. The White Stripes

5. Radiohead

Probably my top 5, maybe with a few switched around, except for NIN, definitely my absolutely favorite. I <3 Reznor as mush as PK <3s Patton(well, if that's possible, lol).

Radiohead

Third Eye Blind

The Gaslight Anthem

Thrice

The National

Brand New

Nine Inch Nails

and a bunch more, check out my last.fm page for more stuff I like.

http://www.last.fm/user/JWT155

Also check out this music site I post at, great for talkign about music, writing reviews and learning/finding new music.

http://sputnikmusic.com/index.php

Trent Reznor and Mike Patton. <3

My top five are:

Nine Inch Nails

Pearl Jam

Incubus

Front Line Assembly

Skinny Puppy

(in no particular order, but NIN is first. I grew up listening to them.)

I actually just started listening to Front Line Assembly, saw Epitah was 4 bucks on amazon so I picked it up, I've only listened to it once so far but I liked what I heard. Any album recommendations?

sigh....i really don't want to confess this....

maynard rounds out the top three...

system fo sho.....

hmmmmmm......

god, i'd have to start a new list to break the tie for last place. i'll give it to ratm, just as a placeholder.

The Chrono Cross soundtrack (beautiful), and pretty much any composition by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy composer). :D

Also Martin O'Donnell's work on the Halo soundtrack.

lol but for "real bands", I guess in no particular order:

Dragonforce

Metallica

Linkin Park (but only really their first few albums)

Muse

Tenacious D

Ozzy Osbourne

Hybrid

Apocalyptica

some Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down

and like one song from Guano Apes I like but the rest sound weird lol (Open Your Eyes)

Disturbed

Shinedown

System of a Down

Johnny Cash

Slipknot (older Slipknot)

Mudvayne

Now if you ask bands that I don't like....Hatebreed is at the top of my list. Not because I don't like their music, but because when Jason and I were in the Army he chose to use Hatebreed's "I Will Be Heard" as his alarm clock wakeup and every morning this right here, "Now is the time for me to rise to my feet" came screeching from the clock and startled me one time so bad that I my neck was cramped for a few days. Just listen to the first couple of seconds of this and imagine yourself in a peaceful slumber only to be woken up by crazy screaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-w1xWsVFs

• 2 months later...

Hmm... this is kind of tough but I'd say this. I'll add one or two a few of my favorite songs from each, just for some of you to check out. Some might not be very known, like The Mountain Goats and Mischief Brew.

1. Bright Eyes - Folk/Indie rock -

2. The Mountain Goats - Indie folk -

, Lovecraft in Brooklyn,

3. Mischief Brew - Anarchopunk -

4.Streetlight Manifesto - Ska punk -

5. Phoenix - Alt/Indie rock -

, Lisztomania

If someone reads this and happens to listen to any music they enjoy out of here, I can turn you on to a few of my favorite albums too. Anyway, my top 5.

Hmm... this is kind of tough but I'd say this. I'll add one or two a few of my favorite songs from each, just for some of you to check out. Some might not be very known, like The Mountain Goats and Mischief Brew.

1. Bright Eyes - Folk/Indie rock -

2. The Mountain Goats - Indie folk -

, Lovecraft in Brooklyn,

3. Mischief Brew - Anarchopunk -

4.Streetlight Manifesto - Ska punk -

5. Phoenix - Alt/Indie rock -

, Lisztomania

If someone reads this and happens to listen to any music they enjoy out of here, I can turn you on to a few of my favorite albums too. Anyway, my top 5.

A fraternity brother told me that a friend of his was in Greenwich Village partying on a random rooftop (they had been hopping around town) and this guy who lived in the building came up to see what was going on...it was Conor Oberst. He joined them for drinks and they had a good time, but the next morning after they went back home they could not remember where they specifically were and could never retrace their steps, but they had hung out with Conor Oberst!

Have you listened to Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band?

I can't believe I haven't responded to this thread yet. My musical taste since I've gone to college haven't really changed moreso than it being expanded. I've learned to appreciate music for the time and moment and it's intent. I DJ so I play top 40 as well as electronica (**** dubstep, even though I do play it on occasion for the crowd) in bars and house parties but I don't really listen to it in my spare time (but I enjoy listening to it at clubs and so on).

I would say my favorite band is The Killers. I know they're not the best band ever (a lot of people take it personally when others don't like what they like or think that they're favorite band is the best simply because they think so) but listening to them really resonates with me and brings me back to good times. I'm also a sucker for synthy alt-rock. Other bands I really like include: Coheed and Cambria, Coldplay, Wilco, and Kings of Leon (I prefer their older stuff, Because of the Times is their best IMO, but I still dig their new stuff).

I've really been digging Tyler the Creator lately.

I'm not ghey I just wanna boogie to some Marvin.

Archived