Iranian Nuke Virus

MWB

Microsoft estimated that it consumed 10,000 man days of labor

this one is particularly interesting....

“This is what nation-states build, if their only other option would be to go to war,” Joseph Wouk, an Israeli security expert wrote.

I read about the virus a while back. It's pretty ingenious the way it works. I work with plcs and drive's and such and that would have been one hell of a thing to track down. Considering it only changed the speed every so often and just enough to affect the process enough to keep the enrichment low grade. I bet there were some confused people working on that for a while.

On a scarier note. One must wonder what the next step will be since this has been discovered. There is certainly a number of people wishing to stop Iranian Nuke development.

Israel doesn't **** around, wish we had balls like them sometimes.

you're damn right they don't. Did you see the article about the airport or whatever in Iran they built before the whole war business that had the Star of David hidden on the roof? The iranians only noticed it using google map stuff and Ahmadinejad fliiiiiiiipppppped out. rofl

There were two attacks on their nuclear scientists, too. One died and one barely escaped. Straight up James Bond stuff, too. Motorcycle drove right up to the scientists car, planted a magnetic bomb onto the car, drove off and detonated it.

"One scientist was wounded and the other killed. Confirmed reports say that the murdered scientist was in charge of dealing with the Stuxnet virus at the nuclear plants."

DAYUM.

If the damage to the Iranian nuclear program is genuine, this makes Stuxnet something of a landmark in cyberwar history

Another report on just how expansive an attack this was, and possibly the years it will take to get back to full working order.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/12/stuxnet-apparently-as-effective-as-a-military-strike.ars

Archived