SSF4 Official Thread

Sajam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if anyone else caught the stream last night of Daigo playing a bunch of people in SSF4. (Daigo is a top Japanese player) They brought in Justin Wong who is America's best player and then, this happened:

That was awesome.

So apparently the game was released early over here. I went to gamestop yesterday and my buddy who works there asked me if I was there to pick up the game. I looked at him as if he was trying to play a joke on me or something. He pulls out the game and said that they were given they ok to sell it, so I picked mine up and I'm preparing myself to get tortured online today. If you guys have it reserved, call them up and see if they're selling it there too. I took a PS3 copy to my buddies house and played it for like 2 hours. Juri is going to be quite the character to use, if you master her techniques, which is not that easy lol. Also, T. Hawk is annoying and a few of the alt. ultras only work as counters apparently....

I'll help.

I'm thinking of getting it, just not too sure. I might borrow my friend's copy of SF4 once he gets SSF4, and then once I play the game, and get decent at it, I'll move to SSF4. Or maybe I'll just straight up get SSF4. Hell, I dunno...

I'll help.

I'm thinking of getting it, just not too sure. I might borrow my friend's copy of SF4 once he gets SSF4, and then once I play the game, and get decent at it, I'll move to SSF4. Or maybe I'll just straight up get SSF4. Hell, I dunno...

If your going to get it, jump straight to SSF4. There is plenty of people here to help you get pretty good at the game as well.

All this talk about fight sticks and **** makes me remenisce of my summers in the early 90's spent kicking *** on SF2. Nothin like the snes controller for some good shoryukens.

I remember playing SF as a kid. I was the best button masher ever.

If your going to get it, jump straight to SSF4. There is plenty of people here to help you get pretty good at the game as well.

Well, I would, but I just looked and I don't have any money really. So i just went and bought SF4 from my friend for $15. I guess I'll upgrade when I can. Oh well, at least I have Street Fighter now.

So, the Chun v Guy match up is ridiculously in Chun's favor. All of her normals can out poke Guy. Guys Bushin Flip into elbow can be punished by Chun's ex Lightning Legs. The only way to play against her is to bait and score a knockdown, then turtle the rest of the game. None of her specials are punishable since they all leave her at a far enough distance and have quick recovery frames.

I've learned two more Ultra set ups with Guy, although one of them requires an FADC, which is still pretty hard for me on this Fight Stick. But the other one I learned looks so cool and it might beat out a few normals and even some DP like moves.

I'm going to try to get some more combos down with him. I can't do the c.mk -> tatsu like most shoto characters, because Guy's c.mk has two hits. So I have to either c.mp or s.mk/s.hk into lk or mk tatsu. Also, I'm going to start using his Hozaunto more. It's really useful in combos and the EX Hoz is ridiculously quick. I think it's just as fast as Dudley's EX Machine Gun. Target Combo is my friend, : D

People who don't play Street Fighter, will have no idea what I just said.

Also, this explains every T.Hawk I've fought with Guy. 1272811392045.jpg

Archived